Thyrol-L

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may remember when I got Midnight 2 years ago we thought she was in foal. That's how out of shape she was. She has a lot more chest width now and her hind is strong. She also had no top line--I felt I was curry combing her spine. I did not weigh her at that time--darn.
Will look into the Magrestore.
I only have 2 bales of this bermuda left. When I go to get more I will ask the Extension office about testing.

We had to saw a large branch off an elm tree. I gave the horses a piece of it to play with. I think I have beavers.
How many calories does tree bark have?

Attachments

• beaver.jpg
    beaver.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 5
Horses may rim trees as a mineral source - though this is unlikely unless the horse is skinny, and may be
countered with access to a mineral block. This habit can be a carry-over from being
stabled where cribbing is the result - which I think of as a reaction to being boxed in.
But a horse can get bored if there is no companionship with other horses, or no interesting features,
so a toy may be helpful.

I gave them watermelon rind and yellow squash yesterday (approved snacks). I knew they would eat the rind but wasn't sure about the squash. They ate it.
No new tree branches for them. They don't play with toys. I do the empty milk jug, and after they stomp it a few times, they don't bother with it. I put a dog squeaky toy for them, but they don't pay it any attention.

I gave them watermelon rind and yellow squash yesterday (approved snacks). I knew they would eat the rind but wasn't sure about the squash. They ate it.
No new tree branches for them. They don't play with toys. I do the empty milk jug, and after they stomp it a few times, they don't bother with it. I put a dog squeaky toy for them, but they don't pay it any attention.

Just checked prices on water melon versus carrots perhaps half the price so I must try it. I have seen horses play with a big ball.

Outing today for our 2 week weigh program. I had reduced the Thyro-l for Midnight in half, which the vet said to do when she reached 260. Today when we weighed, she was still at 260. ( Dapper Dan had gone back up. He is not at risk, so it is no big deal, but it is a little mysterious.)
I think I will up the Thro-l again and see where we are at our next weigh-in.

Latest posts

Back