Giant new foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on a gorgeous baby. I vote BAY. Check the pedigree, there may be a taller ancestor back in the pedigree (probably is) Remember many minis were bred down from 40+ inch Shetlands. Mom deserves some treats today. Congrats again.

She is beautiful, no matter how big she is!
default_wub.png
I look forward to seeing more pictures of this gorgeous girl!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a cute little filly, hope to see more pics. Congrats.

Looks like a beautiful rich colored bay filly!
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations on a healthy foal!! Love the color - give me a black or a bay any day!!!

As for the giant-ness, some mares seem to like to bake a bit longer! We had a mare here in the past that her babies always were born and they looked like a week or two old compared to the 'normal' foal look. It is a bit of a surprise but once you get use to it, it's actually nice. They're just very robust! LOL!!

As for height looking at those legs I'd guesstimate she's going to be about mom's height.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY...she's gorgeous!!! Hard to say how big or small she will be. We've had two biggies born here, and both from AMHA lines/background only...so where that came from...who's to know.

One, a 23.5" filly, out of a mare we'd bought bred, stopped growing at around 9 months, and finished under 33". The other, a 24.5" colt, by our stallion, is now on his way to being my new driving gelding, and (thankfully) finished at 37.75" !! Good thing that before he was born, I had the foresight to double register sire and dam with the AMHR.
default_yes.gif

I cannot wait to see pictures of her in another few weeks, just to see how she blossoms.
default_wub.png

Back