Ghosts and Spirits

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole

Reaction score
Well I am the type of person (please no flames) that does not believe. I haven't lost anyone really close to me and I hope I don't for a long time.

But this month has been really hard I lost my dog a few weeks ago, I really miss him. Now about a week ago I lost my high school sweetheart, (ex) we were very close and I had a lot of fond memories when we were dating. I dated him for 5 years. It has been 10 years sense we split up and it was only done because I was growing up but not him, and I really wanted to date other people for I never did.

Anyway when I heard about his death (car accident) I was sad but not to the point of crying. NOT until I went to the wake, I saw his parents and brother again, WOW that did it and with all the pictures memories all came back. I have been taking it really hard but not showing it for I am married with a daughter.

This past week it is all being held in, and driving me crazy. I have found myself crying none stop, and can't stop thinking about all of our memories together.

Anyway last night when I got home from work, I put chicken in the microwave and Katie (my daughter) wanted to play outside so I left the house door and garage door open. I ran to the basement to check our phone and my emails. I ran outside to check on kaitlyn and noticed the microwave had died. I had blown a fuse, there is nothing else running not even a light on in the house. Anyway I went back down stairs to email someone then the house door slammed shut, there was no draft to shut the door. O.K this was getting scary. Then I went checked on Katie, went back down stairs to email some pictures then my computer had an error and stopped sending.

So not sure if this was my old friend, but the really thing weird about all is I feel so much better and not sure why? Can't explain any of it. BUT WOW I DO BELEIVE.

Please share your stories would love to hear them.

Last edited by a moderator:
That must have been so scary..

It is a lots of werd things happen in my home. My friends does not like to sleepover her bic. of the things who are happening here in nights. things are moving, footsteps.. One night I wake up and see a littel girl with black hair stending in my beedroom door :new_shocked: I somethimes wake ut bic. someone is standing over me. My sister had hear the footsteps ones, my mom have see my grandmom and gradpa in her beedroom but the littel girl is it just me who have seen. It can bee that I was deaming, but remember that I run up to my sisters room. I have seen her 3 times. I saw a ghostprogram on tv some months ago. They told that some person who have lost a were good friend or had a nerly a death experience is more vunerable to "ghost". I am the person who feels it most i my home, I have lost a person who was wery close to me. It it not a day that I am not thinkin of him. it is 3 years sins hes death... When I was 11 years old I have appendicitis and was 30 min. from death..

That was my storie, and sorry for my English
default_blush.png
:

You have to believe that it was your friend....and your comforting feeling afterwards only validates it
default_smile.png
My Dad died 3 years ago (his death was complications from a surgery...he was on life support for 6 weeks & his body just shut down) My Mom and Dad had been married for 52 years & were very close...my Mom took his death extremely hard. One night about a week after my Dad died my Mom was sitting out on her patio, it was getting dark and she was getting ready to go in when she heard an old Grandfather clock start chiming that was in the house.....this clock has NEVER worked. She just knew it was my Dad telling her to come into the house because it was getting dark. Another thing that happened right around this time is his almost brand new car in the garage started horn honking (alarm) My mom was home alone at the time...she had been crying. I know my Dad was behind that one...he loved that car so much & that would be something he would do
default_smile.png
Your friend will come to you in dreams too....I visit my Dad in dreams...it is very comforting.

[SIZE=14pt]I have had a couple... most of my relatives are gone now. I have been lucky in having a great family, it just stinks to be the youngest of the youngest, and my mom was 43 when she had me. So everyone was pretty old when I got here. But they were patient and kind and loved me.[/SIZE]

My Mom and and her brother and 4 of her sisters had passed on. Mabel my aunt who was 90 was the only sister left, she was the oldest. It came to the point when I knew it was time to move her somewhere where she could be watched all the time. And let me tell you, I felt horrible about it. We had just lost two in their family, and now I felt like a horrible person doing this to Mabel. I was sitting on the front deck and I was whining and crying and I told my Mom , " I don't think I can do this". A few seconds later a tree branch falls out of the tree and bonks me on the head! She was telling me ( in her own way!) to deal with it, it had to be done. There weren't any birds in the tree, and absolutely no wind. So I KNEW she was giving me a sign! It did help me.

I have had many "visits" from my mom since she died 15 years ago. She was only 59 and much too young to go. So I had a hard time. We were like sisters and I had two young children who needed a grandmother. She would talk to me in my dreams and she always told me that she was where she wanted to be. She was always happy. I would always wake up feeling like I had spent time with her. I was comforted by this as well.

Another story that still puzzles me involves the blue pajamas my mom had on the night she died at the hospital. I loved those PJ's and really wanted to keep them, but we had not bothered to get them from the funeral home or even ask what had happened to them. When we were clearing out some of her stuff I asked my father if he had collected any of her stuff from the hospital and if the blue pajamas were there. He showed me the bag and the Pj's weren't there.

A few weeks later, I was visiting my father and staying in my old room (upstairs where nobody goes).

I had forgotten to bring a nightgown and looked in my old dresser drawer and there were the blue pajamas folded and waiting for me. No, my father (the only person living in the house) had not put them there. For years I have tried to solve this mystery but with no luck.

I had a hard time after losing my mom, and I still miss her every day, but I know she is watching over me and she is still around. Yes, I believe.

I'm so sorry for loss of your friend, Nicole. You certainly have had some tough times lately.

My mom died in November 2001. It was a Saturday, and she was cremated on the Monday after. That night, my brother phoned me at nearly 10:30 and said to go outside and look up. It was a beautiful mostly clear night with just a few clouds, and I said to my brother that the clouds look like the Northern Lights. He said it's not LIKE the Northern Lights, it IS the Northern Lights! It was one of the most spectacular displays I've ever seen! The eastern sky was a deep, brilliant red, while the west/southwestern sky was a bright green and all wavy. And in between the lights changed colour and moved all the time. We watched the lights for quite a while, my brother and I, and then he said, "I knew she'd never settle for just another star in the sky!" My mother always was a bit of a drama queen! LOL! I really miss her and I know she's in a much better place now, but I often catch a glimpse of her in my daughter's face or some little movement she makes, and I know my mom is still with me and watching over me. I just wish she was here to really SEE what I'm doing with my life these days. She would have been so proud of me.....
default_crybaby.gif
:

I certainly do believe! One nite my hubby found me sitting up in bed during the nite. My eyes were open but I was asleep. He woke me and I told him we have to call my mother the next day. We were in NY and She was in Chicago. That I felt someone sit on the foot of the bed and when I looked it was my grandmother and She told me not to be sad or cry, that She was with my grandfather and is happy. Before I could call my mother she called me. I have bad news for you. I said I know. Grandma died. She got all upset and wanted to know who called me. Noone did. She came to me during the nite. When we compared times my experience was within 1/2 hr of her dying. Have had many validated experiences. Oh yes I do believe!

I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in love. I think our feelings of love for our family and friends are stronger than we realize, and sometimes we don't give ourselves the credit for the love we feel. I think sometimes we also don't allow ourselves to grieve as we should. I think a long time ago, when people wore black when they were in mourning, that it was a really good system. If you saw someone wearing black like that you knew they were in mourning, and you made allowances for them. Maybe they would suddenly start to cry or something, but since you knew they were in mourning, you just gave them some support. The way we do it now, no one knows and we try to hide it.

I'm happy for everyone who thinks they are being contacted by ghosts, maybe they are, but for me, I don't think it is ghosts in my life. I think that when you are being very stressed or thoughtful, you notice things more. You might think it is a ghost, but maybe you are just paying more attention.

What I do it just try and cherish my friends and family every single day. I try and let them know how much I love them. I think it makes the days seem more wonderful.

[SIZE=14pt]I havent had a personal exsperience, but my dad did..... My grandma who lived right down the road form us while I was growing up..... spent about all my time with her. Out of all the grandkids. me and my brother where her favorites.... out of 30 + of us...... well anyway... she was really sick in the hospital and dad was the night watchman at a charcoal kiln. He wasnt able to run back and forth the the hospital while she was there... 2 hours drive..... all the rest of the kids where there and they would call dad and say " Get up here now she isnt going to make it"... dad would run up there... she hung in for awhile longer and dad had to go back to work... he did this 2 or 3 times.... the last time they called him he told them he HAD to get some sleep.... just couldnt make another trip. Well he went to bed.... about 4:10 AM (looked at clock) he was woke up by something and he looked up to the foot of the bad and he saw Grandma standing there...... she was smileing at him and then she dissappeared.... dad laid his head back down and went to sleep.... 4:30 his sister called and told him grandma had died.... he asked when and she told him around 4... he told her is was 4:10 cause she had came to him at that time...... in my own way I think she still looks after me and my son.... Her father had left her, sisters and mother when they where small and never came back... she had a problem with my ex seeing my son.... she made the comment once " Why cant he just go away and stay way like my dad did" she was cring and got me to doing it too... well my ex hasnt seen my son since he was about 3... he is 8 now.... He was about 2 when she died.... I think she keeps him away.... he even moved out of state.......[/SIZE]

April

I'm not sure if I am a believer in ghosts, spirits, or demons. I do feel that weird things happen, as I have had several happen and they can't be explained. Now what was behind it, I don't know.

My first experience, I still get scared thinking about. Ok, a lot of people may laugh, but I was heavily into Bone Thugs and Harmony (a rap group). I mean seriously into them! Whenever I heard their music, I felt like I was hypnotised sort of. They had this one song that had me under it's spell. I recorded it 4 times in a row on a cassette, and would listen to it fully, rewind it, and listen to it again, over and over. I would listen to that song 12 times if need be. Anyways, I ended up getting their Cassette and I tried playing it, and my radio turned off three different times. This was a brand new raido and had never done this before! On the fourth try, it played. They had a hidden message that you had to decode in the booklet. I began decoding it, and it was talking about all this demonic stuff, and it freaked me out. I ended up putting it out in the shed and returned it the next day. I asked a friend who also listened to them if they had decoded it, and they said no. Others overheard us and started discussing how they were devil worshippers. I didn't believe them. I felt it was weird, but there was no way that a rap group could be devil worshippers. I pushed the comments aside and continued listening to that song. I borrowed another friend's copy of the cassette (that did not have the booklet) and that night, I went to bed just like any other night. I was lying in bed, and I had this really creepy feeling that I was being watched. I glanced over at my younger brother's bed (he slept with my mom), and my huge "California Raison" stuffed toy was sitting there perfectly just staring at me. She was on the bed every night, and I never had a problem with it. Well, I ended up reaching over, and pulled her leg out from under her to make her fall on her back. She was still on my brother's bed, but since she was no longer staring at me, I went to sleep. Morning comes, and as soon as I sit up and glance over at my brother's bed, the raison is gone. I look across the room and she is on the opposite side, sitting on the floor staring at me just like she had been the night before. I tell you, I was so freaked out. I returned the tape to my friend, erased every single thing I could that I had on the rap group, and have never listened to them since. I'm still leery of my raison but I have never had a problem with it since.

My neighbor's husband passed away about 8 years ago. Right after he passed away, while family members were staying with her, they would wake up to things being moved around, cabinets where his medicine had been kept were open, and the brand new car died at the cemetary when they attempted to leave after the funeral (it only started after she promised to come back). She had called me and asked me to watch her dog while she went on vacation a few months later. I did not want to go in a haunted house, so I didn't call her back. That night, I was in the bathroom, and the light turned out on me. It ended up happening to me once more that night. The next night, it happened three times, including both a night light that I had on just in case. The third day comes around, and I'm home alone. I know I was the last one in the bathroom (and I do not pee with the toilet seat up), but when I went in there, it was up. Scary. That night, I had to have family members wait outside while I used the restroom because I knew it would happen. It did, but only to me every single time. The next day, I called my neighbor back, and it hasn't happened to me since. Now I even board my horses in her yard.

My husband and I were house sitting for a friend once and my brother was over. We were all in the kitchen and all of a sudden the TV changed channels and was blaring loud. It was a program on killer bees and all we kept hearing was the buzzing of the bees. We used the romote and even attempted to turn it down on the set itself, but it would not turn off. We had to unplug the tv altogether. Then the next day, we plugged it back in thinking it was a short or something, and everything was fine. We went out to go swimming, and while we were all in the pool, the tv turned itself on and was blaring again. My husband went to the steps to get out and unplug it, and it turned itself off. We swam around for a few more minutes, then it happened again. We all got out, went in, unplugged it and went to our home. The owners laughed about it saying it was probably a short. But after they moved out, we ended up moving into that house (stupid, I know). Our friend told us after we moved in that she hated that house and was beyond glad to get out of it, even though they moved into a fixer upper. While we were there, our dog died. A week later, our dog bit our friend and we had to get rid of him, and exactly a week after that, our third dog got his head caught in the fence and almost broke his neck. I was in the bedroom one day and went to walk out into the hallway, and I saw someone go into the weightroom. My brother and I were the only ones there, so I started talking to him asking what he was doing. He was in the kitchen. We never did find anyone in the weightroom. Then one night, my husband and I were sleeping, and my mom comes screaming at our door that someone is outside the livingroom window. We had a ladder out there and her and my brother heard it scrapping across the cement. We went out there, and the ladder was in the exact same spot it was supposed to be, and there was no sign of anyone. We only stayed there for a month and a half because it was just too creepy. But we had a lot of bad stuff happen in that short of time, and when we were in the process of moving out, my brother was walking by the detached garage, when he heard his name called. He thought it was us, so he went in and was talking to "us", only to find no one was in there. It was really scary, and to top it off, our very last time in that yard, as we were locking it up, my brother stepped on a huge carpenter's tack, which went through his shoe. I figure that was the last bit of bad luck being there. There has been over 8 owners in the past 15 years, so that tells me something is wrong, not to mention it is up for sale right now again.

The only thing that has happened to me that dealt with a loved one dying is last April of 2005, I lost my beloved rat Nemo. She meant everything to me, and it was such a tragedy for me and my cat Binx (he would go up and just watch her in her cage). After she died, he still went to her corner hoping to see her. But on the third day after she died, I was sitting on my couch reading and I heard her sneeze. Rats have a very low cute sneeze, and I heard it as clear as day. I thought I was loosing my mind, but Binx took off to her corner, only to be disappointed that she wasn't there, so I know he heard it too. It did bring comfort to me, whether I believe that it really was her spirit or not.

Now if you ask about guardian angels...I DO believe!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This subject is rather touchy..... People either deal with it from a superstitous point of view or a religious point of view.

Life goes on after death. Not going to argue with anyone on that. I've experienced it. Period.

No reason to get spooked. God is a part of us all, whether we are in our skin or without and just in Spirit.

MA

When hubby and I were first starting out we lived in a tiny old house, moved in just before Christmas. We put our tree up and when no one was in the room, it fell over. That happened twice before we moved it, put it up and tied the top to a hanging plant hook in the ceiling. Not fifteen minutes later, and while we were out of the room, it came over again. Only this time it did so with force, was easily 2 feet away from where it was set, hook was out of ceiling ( was in stud) and ornaments were 20' away. We moved the next day.

After my first heeler died, he was my heart, hubby woke to me crying and found me asleep, stroking the air. Boder came back in my dreams and told me he was ok. When hubby woke me I could smell Boder on my hands. It was so real.

I had a small fire ( could have been major) this spring. It was 4 rooms away and I was asleep. Someone woke me up. I tend to think he had a mane and tail
default_rolleyes.gif
:

There isnt a doubt in my mind that there is something else after we leave this Earth.

When I was alot younger I told my Mom that I had seen my grandmother standing at then end of my bed and she was talking to me, telling me how I was such a wonderful girl and was going to have a great life and that she loved me. We found out later that she had died in the night.

If you want to learn about spirits and lives that have passed you need to watch Montel Williams when he has Sylvia Brown on Wednesdays. If gives me comfort about death and makes me aware of messages from loved ones that haved passed.

I love the supernatural!!! I have not had any shocking experinces with ghosts but I do believe I have heard them or felt them close to me lots of times! Lasr summer I recived a number of phone calls that were nothing but white noise with some large clicks and things only when I was alone at home not fitting a pattern other then that, no one else in the family got them. I am scared so much when I experince something like that, but it's worth it! I don't care what anyone else says there is something out there that we can't see and they just might be ghosts.

-Vanessa

I belive VERY strongly only because of a few incidents in my short life so far. Las summer, I was on vacation for a month in Montana. My grandparents took me to Virginia City and we went on the ghost tour. We went to hotel and I was at the back and I was walking by room 14 when I felt something stroke the back of my head like it was petting me. Later my grandparents told me that the lady had said there was a gost hwo would "pet" people on the head. Later, we went to an old court house where 3 men had been hung. Me and my aunt saw 3 men sitting in the rafters making bullets. We shined or flashlights up there and they were gone.

Another time (still on vacation) my grandma was in the shower, and an angel appeared in the kitchen. Minutes later we got a phone call that rabid dogs had gotten loose and were attacking her dog.

Another time, I was down at my grandparents creek and I saw an old man panning for gold.

The Spirits LOVE me! I have other stories but its to late and i dont want to have nightmares!

Ok I wasn't going to add my weird story, because no one ever believes it, but here goes.

My hubby kids and I lived in AZ for a year. We moved into a beautiful house and we loved it.

One night, we awoke to an extremely loud noise, terrified, my hubby and I jump up and are really in a panic, it was so loud, I ended up in the hallway with my hands over my ears.

This noise sounded like an alarm and loud loud static. The house had an alarm system, but we never had it turned on.

Hubby is running all over, thinking we have a fire, he's pulling out all the batteries from detectors, and still all this noise, our stereo speakers are full up on volume with this static, but won't turn off, I am screaming at this point, running to the kids room.

Hubby has pulled plugs, ripped out batteries, and guess what? I go to kids rooms, and they haven't even woke up!!!!!!!!

Right when I think I will simply die from this, it just stops!!!!

So, needless to say,,,this was more than a little weird. But ok, it's over.

About a week later, my hubby goes out of town,,,1st week, all is good,,,then one night I'm in my room and swear that I see someone in dark clothing go into the bathroom in the hall, I got the gun out and everything, check it all out, nothing,,,,hubby comes home,,,,I'm at work one day, when I come home, he tells me not to think he's crazy, but he swears he saw a woman walk by in the dining room..........ok, starting to get really weird..

He leaves again, and the first night, I feel SUDDENLY so terrified to go to sleep. I made the kids stay in my room, because something just wasn't right.

about a month later, we find out we have to move back to Tx.

So this diesel driver that is moving our stuff, pulls me to the side and says, Are you having any sort of problems here???? I'm thinking, what on earth???? Now a real guy is freaking me out.

He tells me he feels something here,,,,we talk about spirits, and he said especially when someone is under alot of stress, these spirits tend to appear.....weird, weird.....

When he gets to our new home in Tx. he gives me this rock. Just a plain old rock. Tells me to sit it somewhere that I spend alot of time. When the spirit is finished with me, it will take the rock and leave......ok, whatever, right. He said these spirits take our things, because it's like a game to them.....strange....

I had that rock in my kitchen window for two years. It was tucked into a spot so no one really saw it......one day right before we moved it was gone.

I don't know if I believe in this,,,but something certainly was going on with us.

My daughter just had something "strange" happen last night. She went over to our cottage, which is only about 10 minutes from our farm. Its on a lake so there are always alot of people around. This cottage belonged to my Mother before she died, about 10 years ago. Anyways, Tammy (daughter) had cut the grass, and went inside, went into one of the bedrooms, and noticed a pic of my Mom sitting on the nightstand, this pic had been there for the past year or two. She picked it up and thought "ohh, its Gramma and it was taken at the cottage" put it back down and never thought anymore about it. Watched tv for a bit, and then left to come back home. When she got into the car all she could smell on her hands was Estay Lauder (that perfume) that is what my Mother always wore. SHe washed her hands when she got back home, still the smell, came over by our house and told me to smell her hands..I guess it right away, this morning the smell is STILL there! About 2 months after my Mom died, Iwent out to feed our St. Bernard, he was in his kennel pen for the night, this is a outdoor kennel, the complete air and kennel smelled like estey lauder. WEIRD. Corinne

I was very close to both of my grandparents on my mother's side. I spent many many days with them. I was with both of them when they died.

I was at work one day in a mall and looked over to the main hallway and there on a bench sit my grandfather and grandmother holding hands and smiling at me. In a minute, they walked off down the hall. I went after them but they were gone.

I also saw my grandfather one other time. I was driving down a busy street, caught a red light, and looked over and my grandfather was in the car next to me. He motioned for me to pull over. I did and he was gone. I got back out on the street and at the next corner, the car that had been behind me at the light had been in a very bad accident.

The house that we live in belonged to some friends of the family from 1916 until 1988. Both had died in this house and the furniture was still in it when we moved in. My husband saw a man sitting in one of the chairs in the formal living room more than once right after we moved in. I have several times smelled the woman's perfume for just a moment. Just recently when we decided to move, we got up in the attic to make sure there was nothing up there that we had forgotten about and found a box of pictures that we had never seen before. There was a photo of the man that used to live here sitting in the same chair that my husband saw him in. They also evidently at some point had a little white dog, several people have seen this little white dog run from the kitchen through the den to the front door and disappear.

I really don't care whether anyone believes me or not, these things happen for a reason and there IS life after death. Our loved ones continue to watch over us and protect us as best they can. Nobody is ever completely gone as long as we hold them in our hearts.

Mary

Latest posts

Back