Ghost Stories

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snapple

Reaction score
In the spirit of the season (Halloween is coming up fast!!), tell me your best ghost stories, that have happened to you or someone you know.

Here is one of mine (well, really, my Mom's):

My Mom married young, she and her husband moved into their first home (an older home) when they were in their early 20s. They got a new puppy shortly after they moved in. For some reason, whatever was in the house hated this dog. Things started happening after they got the puppy, keys moving, doors shutting, that sort of thing. Then one night, while they were dead asleep, they heard a CRASH in the house. They jumped up, and started checking rooms to see what it was. When they got to the dining room (which is the room they shut the puppy in at night), the puppy was huddled under the table just crying, it was terrified. The dining room had a fireplace, and on top of the mantle, there was a box with wineglasses in it. Someone had taken the lid off of the box, laid it to the side, and smashed every single wineglass into the fireplace. My Mom said that from the sound, they had all been smashed at once. The freaky thing is that this dining room had no doors or windows to the outside of the house, it was a room in the middle of the house. So if someone had broken in to do this, they would have had to pass my Mom and her hubby in the hallway as they were looking through rooms.

So, what is your scariest story?

Did your parents move? Get rid of the puppy? Or did things just stop?

I have had too many experiences with unexplained things to list (could maybe do it privately), but I find it extremely coincidental that you just posted this...an hour ago I bought tickets for a ghost tour at our local ghost town (Calico) this Saturday. I'm a bit nervous, everything that's happened to me was unprovoked - looking for something is kind of scary. Lol

I have never really had anything scarey happen that I couldn't come up with some explanation for. I did however experience something that was more miraculous that could never be explained. I was 10 and I remember it like yesterday. I shared a bedroom with my sister who was 14...my other sister who was 16 (and hanging out with the wrong crowd, getting in trouble alot) had the adjoining room, so we shared a common wall.....one night both me and my sister who I shared a room with suddenly woke up for no reason....our headboards were at the outside wall of the room....the room was dark except for a nightlight....and another light that looked like someone shinning a flashlight close up on the common wall of my older sister's bedroom....we laid in our beds and looked at that light that was about 10 inches in diameter and through that light we both saw my older sister sitting on her bed taking a bunch of pills out of a bottle and swallowing them....we went in and told our parents and they rushed her to the hospital to have her stomach pumped....my older sister ended up being fine and got the help she needed. No one ever asked how we knew she took something until years later, our parents thought we had witnessed it through a cracked door or something. The odd thing was that neither of us were afraid of that light and till this day we still talk about it when we get together.

I don't have a story, mostly because I fail horribly at telling stories :p But I have had some very strange things happen, one was a poltergeist, the others were ghosts. Both my mom and I are very sensitive to anything paranormal. I've never seen a ghost, but I can tell when there is something there, and usually whether its intent is good or bad. I also just know stuff about some people. It could be someone I've known forever, or someone I've only met once. Usually its something I have no proof to back it up, but I know it so surely in my mind that I would be willing to bet money on it.

Kanoas, they moved after several years there, and kept the puppy. They just kind of put up with whatever was there. They had other things happen (lights moving in closed hallways, noises in the attic, larger items, like furniture being moved), but it never physically touched either of them. They moved the dog into the bedroom to sleep next to their bed. So cool that you are going on a "ghost tour". I've always wanted to go on one.

Washington, I know what you mean about feelings. When I was about 12 or 13, I suddenly developed a fear of one small hallway in my house. I had grown up in this house, and never had a problem, but it just started to feel wrong, and "bad", for lack of a better word. I refused to be in that hallway alone, and wouldn't go into it in the dark even with other people. I told my Mom I thought there was something there, and she told me I was being silly. Then, one morning, I was getting ready for school, and I heard her SCREAM my name from the kitchen. I thought she had cut off a finger or something, because her voice had a panicked tone to it. I ran in there, and asked what was wrong. She asked me if anyone had been in there (no one had, I was brushing my teeth and my sister was still asleep), and I told her no, and asked why. She said she had turned around from the counter, and a tall, black shadow, like the outline of a person, had been standing there in the doorway, which just so happened to lead into the hallway that felt so wrong about. All I could really say was "I told you something was there". After that, the feeling seemed to lessen, and now I don't feel it at all. I think whatever it was spent all of it's energy showing itself that day, or maybe it had another reason for leaving. I don't know. The point is, I totally understand those feelings, and how SURE you are that what you are sensing is true.

Sonya, that is incredible. Something was definitely protecting your family that night.

Latest posts

Back