Getting First Donkey

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSRminis

Reaction score
HI! I am getting my first donkey (mini jack to be gelded ASAP) mid March and am very excited! We do have mini horses and big horses also. I have wanted a donkey FOREVER! Just wanted some advice-anything you would pass on to a new donkey owner, favorite websites for advice...

Thank you!

WELCOME :saludando: to our side of the forum, from Wisconsin. OHH ~~I can just imagine how excited your going to be getting your first donkey!
default_wub.png
: You will find out that a donkeys personality is completely differant then most mini horses.
default_yes.gif
: All my mini horses (and full size) are very friendly, but there is just SOMETHING about my donkeys! They are the first ones to greet me, the first ones to follow me wherever I go in the pasture, always inquisitive.
default_yes.gif
: Your probably going to hear how donkeys are stubborn :eek: ~~ there not! They are VERY intelligent :new_shocked: and just always make sure of everything before they will attempt to do it. Are there any particular questions you have about donkeys? We're a great fun-forum and we all try to help one another. (probably sometimes in more ways then we should :bgrin :bgrin
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: ) We also LOVE pictures on here, so hopefully you will post some when he arrives. My favorites site other then the registries would be GOTDONKEYS.com. Corinne

:aktion033: Welcome! I was always a horse person - then I met my first herd of mini donkeys - brought 2 home in my van - since then my best friend and I have aquired a total of 7 donkeys - had 2 babies (both jacks) and have another due anytime :bgrin There is something so special about donkeys and you WILL want another
default_wub.png
: My favorite donkey place is right here! I check in daily just to see what's up with my "donkey pals" . Oh and gotdonkeys.com is way too dangerous for me as I tend to try and find more donkeys when I do not need them
default_wacko.png
:

I look forward to getting to know you and all about your jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

You'll love your donkey.
default_smile.png
I'm a pretty new donkey owner and I just love our boy to pieces. He definitely has an active little mind and is always thinking about something. He also has the saddest bray when sad too, breaks my heart. This is used when he spots you and you don't come visit him. Of course, I always do when he does his sad cry.

Chico

[SIZE=12pt]Congratulations on your new donkey! You will love him...
default_yes.gif
: Hubby gave me a jenny and her baby jack for Christmas a couple of years ago and I've been hooked ever since.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]There are some super friendly and knowledgable people on this forum. I too have to check in every day to see what's going on with everybody. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]We DO love pictures on here and if you need any help posting them, just ask one of us. I had to get help from a couple of people when I first joined because I could not figure it out for the life of me. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Nice to meet you,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back