Getting A Pretty New Mare (pics)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I've been wanting to find another mare or possibly a filly to grow up into a broodmare, and Erica helped me out tons but letting me have Suprize (Erica's Oh What A Surprise), who is little "maybe" 31" buckskin dun pinto, a Bandito daughter who will come to me in foal, probably to Big City starting next summer. I will have a year plus on Suprize to be excited (sorta like waiting on Christmas!). We hope Suprize will be (is?) in foal to Destiny for 2006 with that foal being Erica's. You can see about Suprize by clicking here.

Then before I left the office last Thursday, I took a quick glance at the sales board and this one mare caught my eye at first just because she had such a pretty face and reminded me of Lou (my favorite mare). Then reading about her, she wasn't just pretty but really the bloodline I had hoped to find! Then I talked to the seller and got more pictures and decided to make her mine!

The sellers are retaining the foal she's carrying (10mos along now), so she'll come to VA in late September after she has weaned the coming foal. She may come to me in foal, or I may actually choose to have her open this coming year so I can show her a tiny bit and then breed her to Destiny (or maybe DunIT).

She is "Harrells Rowdy Reflection of Hope". Hope (click here for her page) is a daughter of Cross Countrys Rowdys Reflection, who is a son of Lazy N Redboy, who himself is of course a son of Rowdy. I am pretty optimistic about crossing her in the future to my two heavily bred Buckeroo boys, DunIT and Destiny! I know many people feel that Buckeroo and Rowdy blood often crosses with awesome results.

I think Hope's got such a sweet, kind face. She is AMHA, 4yo, 33.75", proven broodmare with no foaling trouble, straight legs, good bite, etc. I am really happy I took a peek at the sales board on Thursday!!! I don't usually jump that fast but felt like I probably wasn't the only one who noticed her ad.

HOPEWED1.jpg

HOPEWED2.jpg

HOPEWED3.jpg

HOPE5.jpg

Hope%203.jpg

Hope%202.jpg

HOPE2.jpg

Hope%201.jpg

HOPE7.jpg

Her seller is so nice and promises me tons of pictures as the summer goes on of Hope and her foal. Her 2005 filly is just to die for so I am excited to get some of that for myself in later years (filly below).

Hope-2005-filly.jpg

Thanks for looking at my new little lady!!!

withballoon1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats what better way to start the week then a new horse :aktion033:

[SIZE=14pt]Congratulations Jill, Another of my favorite colors! Love your surprize and be watching for one of my own surprizes later this week!
default_wink.png
: [/SIZE]

Lyn

Congratulations, Jill - she looks like a real sweetheart, and I LOVE her markings!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Liz R.

default_thumbup.gif
: :aktion033: CONGRATULATIONS Jill!!!! :aktion033:
default_thumbup.gif
:

She is just a Love, and VERY pretty!!
default_wub.png
: And that baby of hers from 2005 just makes my heart race!!!!
default_wub.png
:

Here's to many gorgeous babies to you in the future from little Hope!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
:

Nancy
default_smile.png

Wow, indeed!
default_smile.png

Congratulations, she's wonderful and I bet we'll be reading some wonderful birth announcements in the years to come. Fun to dream about those years ahead, isn't it?

I'm just grinning b/c I can really feel your excitement.

Enjoy.

Liz M.

Congratulations on both of the blushing brides to be. I love the Rowdy mare, she's the same color as my old lady. She's beautiful.

:aktion033: Pretty Lady! And wow, she threw a very pretty baby!!!

You must be bouncing!

MA

Very very nice Jill!

Congrats on your new girls!

Beth

Heck girl!

How many do you have NOW?

Congrats on the new addition.

Thanks, folks! I'm am pretty happy and excited!

And, as far as how many, I've actually let several horses go on to new homes over the past year, and have some others here still that are kind of slated to find new homes as well. Just hard to decide for sure because they're not "just" horses. I love each of them, even the ones that aren't really made to play a part in my goals within the breed... But, at this time, I have 8 mares counting Suprize and Hope.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Jill...can't wait to see what your breeding programs will produce! How exciting!!

Jill:

You got yourself an awesome mare there. I had wanted her, since she is bred to the stallion in my avatar, but not enough money to do it all. Hope in her own right, is my kind of mare, but just wasn't in the cards for me at the moment. The little 05 filly you posted below Hope, is also a foal of the stallion I got from the Harrels. His name is Ten LS Spirts Afterglow, and I couldn't be happier. The Harrels are wonderful people, and will do anything to help you. This mare should produce awesome for you. If you want a repeat performance, the mare is welcome down here to be bred back the same way. I will post a pic for you, besides the one in the avatar of SPIRIT--the sire to Hope's 05 filly. He is awesome just like Hope. I think that may be a golden cross.

SPIRIT--WEB--RIGHT_HALTER_250.JPG

TEN LS SPIRITS AFTERGLOW

I know Erica lives in Arkansas, but I am right next door in Mississippi. Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS on a mare I have drooled over for quite some time, but just couldn't pull it off.

Congratulations Jill :aktion033: You are putting together such a wonderful herd of horses. I haven't seen one I wouldn't take home if I had the chance
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back