Getting A Pretty New Mare (pics)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=12pt]Congratulations Jill! She is simply gorgeous - my you are putting together a awsome band of horses there - I am just drooling over here in Wi!! ( Where is that drooly icon when we need it?! )[/SIZE]

Lori

Congratulations Jill, she looks very nice! :aktion033:

Congratulations on your latest finds!!

Thanks, everyone! It makes me feel so good to hear your nice comments. And, I agree, the Harrells are so nice!

Brenda Harrell said she will send me pictures often, so I will share more of Hope as time goes on. She is due to foal very soon and I am excited to see pictures of her coming foal
default_smile.png

I really hope that over the next many years, I will be able to make some nice foals like the ones I've seen from some of my favorite breeders here and that those foals can go on and be as meaningful to good people as the horses I've been able to get mean to me.

Horses really do change lives and mean so many different things to different people
default_yes.gif
:

At the risk of driving people up the wall, I wanted to show those who might still look here a few new pictures Brenda sent me of Hope today.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: She's definitely got a baby belly
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

HOPEWED1.jpg

HOPEWED2.jpg

HOPEWED3.jpg

(PS gonna add them to the top / first post as well)

Last edited by a moderator:
At the risk of driving people up the wall, I wanted to show those who might still look here a few new pictures Brenda sent me of Hope today.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: She's definitely got a baby belly
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

HOPEWED1.jpg

HOPEWED2.jpg

HOPEWED3.jpg

(PS gonna add them to the top / first post as well)

CONGRADULATIONS :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

I would say,
default_yes.gif
: a baby belly
default_wub.png
:

I've been wanting to find another mare or possibly a filly to grow up into a broodmare, and Erica helped me out tons but letting me have Suprize (Erica's Oh What A Surprise), who is little "maybe" 31" buckskin dun pinto, a Bandito daughter who will come to me in foal, probably to Big City starting next summer. I will have a year plus on Suprize to be excited (sorta like waiting on Christmas!). We hope Suprize will be (is?) in foal to Destiny for 2006 with that foal being Erica's. You can see about Suprize by clicking here.

Then before I left the office last Thursday, I took a quick glance at the sales board and this one mare caught my eye at first just because she had such a pretty face and reminded me of Lou (my favorite mare). Then reading about her, she wasn't just pretty but really the bloodline I had hoped to find! Then I talked to the seller and got more pictures and decided to make her mine!

The sellers are retaining the foal she's carrying (10mos along now), so she'll come to VA in late September after she has weaned the coming foal. She may come to me in foal, or I may actually choose to have her open this coming year so I can show her a tiny bit and then breed her to Destiny (or maybe DunIT).

She is "Harrells Rowdy Reflection of Hope". Hope (click here for her page) is a daughter of Cross Countrys Rowdys Reflection, who is a son of Lazy N Redboy, who himself is of course a son of Rowdy. I am pretty optimistic about crossing her in the future to my two heavily bred Buckeroo boys, DunIT and Destiny! I know many people feel that Buckeroo and Rowdy blood often crosses with awesome results.

I think Hope's got such a sweet, kind face. She is AMHA, 4yo, 33.75", proven broodmare with no foaling trouble, straight legs, good bite, etc. I am really happy I took a peek at the sales board on Thursday!!! I don't usually jump that fast but felt like I probably wasn't the only one who noticed her ad.

HOPEWED1.jpg

HOPEWED2.jpg

HOPEWED3.jpg

HOPE5.jpg

Hope%203.jpg

Hope%202.jpg

HOPE2.jpg

Hope%201.jpg

HOPE7.jpg

Her seller is so nice and promises me tons of pictures as the summer goes on of Hope and her foal. Her 2005 filly is just to die for so I am excited to get some of that for myself in later years (filly below).

Hope-2005-filly.jpg

Thanks for looking at my new little lady!!!

withballoon1.gif

THIS IS BRENDA HARRELL, JILL YOU ARE SO KIND AS SO MANY OTHERS ON THIS BOARD ! I KNOW HOPE WILL HAVE THE BEST EVER HOME WITH YOU ! THANKS FOR THE PURCHASE!!

ANN SIMMONS YOU ARE ALSO A SWEETIE, YA'LL BETTER WATCH IT I MIGHT GET THE BIG HEAD !!! I NEVER HAVE THE TIME TO GET ON HERE BUT I MIGHT JUST START MAKING THE TIME.

LITTLE SPRINGWATER RANCH BRENDA

Congratulations she is very pretty!!

Wow, you've been having fun, Jill! Very pretty girls. Congratulations!

Jill,

She is just beautiful - see how dangerous it is to watch the sale board LOL! Seriously, though, she has great conformation and looks to have the sweetest disposition - what a soft and gentle eye - and her color is an added bonus! Best of Luck with her :aktion033: :aktion033:

"CONGRATULATIONS!!" Jill,

Hope is a gorgeous mare! You are putting together a beautiful little herd!

It will be fun to see the baby that she produces, her '05 foal is awesome!!

I agree Buckeroo and Rowdy blood crosses should be a great result!!

Jill, CONGRATULATIONS , she is beautiful.
default_wub.png
: Isnt it fun starting the week out on a perfect
default_yes.gif
: purchase? Corinne

Latest posts

Back