Gem

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late getting here today but it looks like the party has not yet started anyway..phew, I hate being late!! We must still be waiting for the guest of honor to get ready!!!

well no foal yet
default_sad.png
but shes pigging out on her hay shes pacing back and forth, pooing like crazy ext... before yesterday she was sweating and its still going on i gave her a bath to cool her down :p and shes keeping her tail up since yesterday

Just saying if she doesn't foal, don't panic. My mare, Raven, was doing the same thing for quite a while and I thought she was going to foal any second but she had other plans. Can't wait to see your beautiful baby!!!

Well it sounds like you are doing a good job in keeping an eye on her and keeping her comfortable and Im sure she appreciates the extra pampering. I always liked it when they foaled in the stall but there are lots of foals here where mamas liked foaling outside and were quite comfortable so it would depend on your own situation.

I do think tonight would be a great night for a party so keep us posted///Again happy foaling

i went and checked on her and shes pretending like nothing is happening -_- oh boy Gem u like to make me mad.. we are going to call the vet as soon as his hours open
default_smile.png

What color is her hooha? Remember, these ladies can stop their labor up to a certain point, if for any reason they decide to! But, it sounds like she's doing fine, unless you're seeing something abnormal? Watch for pacing and "cow patties" -- and a red vulva. Keep us posted, and happy foaling!!!

Oh, and you'll forget about being "mad" once that little one arrives! Bet you forget how tired you are, too!!

Yes, this is perfectly normal. They are very tricky, and can seem quite imminent, and then nothing! Remember Joanne's mare that we all thought was going to foal and it wound up being a week or so later. So, no worries, she'll get back in foaling mode soon, I would bet!

Happened to me with Raven. All the signs were present and I was sure she was going to foal and nothing for quite a while. The way I was finally sure it was the day on both Raven and Sweetie (who took a year to foal) was by their bags. Sweetie started leaking on the day she foaled and Raven waxed and had a full bag. Neither of them were maiden mares and I don't know if all mares do this or not.

Her pacing and rolling could simply be her trying to shift the foal into a more correct position for delivery. Lots of mares do quite a bit of rolling in the weeks before foaling. And she may be sweating due to the heat you seem to be having plus her pacing and rolling.

I still think that she has to fill her udder more before producing this baby - there are still wrinkles showing in your pictures and the teats will need to separate and fill as she gets closer. Keep checking the colour inside her vulva - it's a really good last minute sign!

And keep those pictures coming please - it will help us to watch her progress.
default_yes.gif

well its been almost a year that she was bred.. so if she doesent have a baby soon then i will call the vet and see
default_smile.png
for now fingers crossed that she has it soon

My mare, Sweetie, was due on April 15th and had the baby on June 7th. It was an awesome foal so sometimes when they cook a little longer, good things happen. I won't comment on your mare's photos because I'm not as experienced as the others but I will say she is lovely.

It is a bit difficult to tell from the pictures, but it does look as though her teats have separated a bit, plus they look a little filled although her actual udder still looks a bit slack. Your vulva pic is a bit out of focus but it does look as though the colour is darkening. So yes, she could go another week or she might foal at any time! LOL!! Just keep doing what you are already doing and watch her every minute of the day and night - one way or another you will soon have a new little one.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back