Gem

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniaturehorselover

Reaction score
Alright so here are pictures of Gem taken this morning.. dont know if she has changed since a few weeks ago but maybe u guys can predict when she will foal?

DSC08959.JPG

DSC08970.JPG

DSC08989.JPG

DSC08986.JPG

I'm going to take a try at this and let the experienced aunties correct me if I'm wrong but I think you have a while to go. Baby has to move forward and I do believe you'll see waxing on the nipples. My mare foaled last night and I just knew she was going to foal because she started leaking and also her hoo haw became very elongated. Now I'll wait to see what the other aunties say. She's a beautiful mare!

Yup...I'd have to agree...she has some time to go. In your little video she reminded me of a little Snowball...but now she looks like she found the mud holes LOL...isn't that always the way. She sure is a cutie even with her dirty bum!!

P.S. you've done a great job with her trick training

she looks wonderful! and I have to agree with the other aunties, a little bit more cooking for that little munchkin yet
default_smile.png

I had a mare who carried a full 365 days every year. And I know some have even gone over a year. But my average was 340+ days.

yeah the girl at the rescue i got her from said that she was due in april... so i was getting ready but since i didnt see no foal i started making her swim and get exercises but now i put it at pause cause the farrier said to watch for a foal in the next couple of weeks because her stomach is more front words then a fat horse so now im waiting
default_smile.png

looks like maybe the start of some filling on the right teat? not 100% certain but looks like something there
default_smile.png

she is looking good otherwise, lovely girl.

I was thinking the same thing today.. shes bigger on one side then the other.. is that normal? She looks normal on one side but big on the other

Any chance you could retake the first pic but make sire you are standing square behind her so we get a full view of her udder
default_smile.png
she looks like she is getting close.

Thanks, that first shot is perfect, take one exactly the same in a few days so we can compare
default_smile.png
Baby is still riding high so you have a little while to go ( but we all know how fast they can change) so carry on keeping a close eye on her.

Latest posts

Back