Gelding Certificate

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpsellwood

Reaction score
Ok just doing a small rant, but come on 4 photos for the gelding cert??? I can see if there wasnt any photos on your papers but seriously why??? I knew it had to be signed for the vet, but why do I have send photos yet again. Im so sick of taking pictures. Ok have a good night everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you think you have to do photos? I talked with the office just the other day and they said I didn't as long as there are already photos on the papers.

It says it right on the form of the gelding cert. submit 4 photos. I will call maybe if you call you dont have to. I dont mind taking them its the printing and making sure they are correct size. This is for the AMHR.

I know in 2007 when I had one gelded I had to send photos, even though they were already on his papers. Not sure if anything has changed.

Truly, if you already have photos on the certif you don't need to send new ones in on a gelding certif. Despite what the form says.

When I transferred my stallion to my name in AMHR I sent in new photos I had pain-stakingly taken and was furious when the certificate came back with the same bad foal photos as before still on it. I was like "What's the point of requiring new photos if you aren't going to use them?!" I'd waited months to send in the transfer because I wanted to get nice photos and then they didn't even use them. I talked to the office and they said you only need new photos if the horse doesn't have any on file or if there's been a major change in the horse's appearance since the last shots.
default_rolleyes.gif

Call them and double-check but I bet you're fine!

Leia

We just sent in ours a few weeks ago and did NOT send in pix. Got his papers back fine.... took FOREVER, though, to get them back, especially since all they do is stamp them "GELDING" in red ink and you don't get a new certificate...

Lucy

I got a new certificate with "gelding" printed on it from AMHR, and he did have photos on his papers

Truly, if you already have photos on the certif you don't need to send new ones in on a gelding certif. Despite what the form says.

That's what I was told also by the office. I had to bring one mare permanent and another had a color change and I wasn't required to send in new photos. Of course it hadn't been a year since I had them transferred into my name either and that required photos.

The others are right--in spite of the fact that the forms all say photos are required, if there are already photos on the AMHR papers, you do not have to send in new ones when you send in paperwork. Gelding certificates, transfers, even temp. to permanent, if there are photos on the papers you do not need to send new photos. You don't have to phone in to get this "deal"--that's just the way it works!

I think they will update the photos for no extra charge if you send new photos in with your permanent application. However, if you want to update the photos otherwise, even if it's at the time when you send in a gelding certificate or a transfer, you have to pay the $20 update fee. I haven't done it so could be wrong on that, but I'm sure that's what someone else told me after they asked for a photo update at time of gelding.

Yep once the photos are on the papers you don't need to send in anymore pics unless its for a color change. I really wish AMHR requires to take photos to be brought pernament but oh well we will do it anyways.

To change the pics you must request them to do it. I don't remeber them mentioning a charge or seen one for that matter. If I remeber right I requested they change the pics on my mares papers when I was transfering her and they did it for no charge.

Now the 1 registry I can gripe at is AMHA they are picture happy
default_rolleyes.gif

When I transfered one of my mares to my name (AMHA) there were her foal pictures in the papers. I took all of the pictures required and sent everything in. By this time she was 4 years old. Yes there was a change. They sent me back the papers with the foal pictures on them. They only changed them when she went perm.

Back