"Gas-y" horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
I just came in from visiting with the horses, but for the first 10 minutes, Gideon had his tail raised quite a bit. I'm assuming that he had pretty bad gas. I ran him around a little bit, like I do everyday, and then he lowered his tail for the rest of the time I was out there. Gas bubbles all gone!

So am I the only one who worries, when I see that the horses have a lot of gas? First thing that always comes to mind is trapped gas, gas colic, or impaction. What do you guys do when you notice your horse is extra bubbly? Run them? Leave them alone? Just curious.

Gas is good in a horse! Let me rephrase, ESCAPING gas is good in a horse. If they aren't passing gas periodically, I worry.

Gas is good in a horse! Let me rephrase, ESCAPING gas is good in a horse. If they aren't passing gas periodically, I worry.
I agree.

Although, I wish my half-Arab gelding would pick better times to pass gas... His favorite time seems to be when I'm either picking out his hind hooves or washing his tail. :eek:

Although, I wish my half-Arab gelding would pick better times to pass gas... His favorite time seems to be when I'm either picking out his hind hooves or washing his tail. :eek:
my pony used to wait until I either had someone who was very easily offended or knew nothing about horses... then he would trumpet his butt off. he had fantastic timing. :eek:

Of course, I'm just crass enough to find it funny as heck.

My mini oreo, believes in letting his gas out A LOT! LOL Especially it seems when I go to clean out his back feet....hmmm
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_wacko.png
: :eek:

Latest posts

Back