Funny Story

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Three weeks ago I had my left eye cataract surgery. Came home, worked great from the beginning.

Yesterday I had my right eye done. I'm not having as much luck with this one, apparently it has to "set" (sorta like cheesecake).

Anyway, last night I couldn't see out of it, it was sorta like looking thru a glass of milk. I went in to brush my teeth, and was holding that right eye closed because it was cloudy and it was a tad uncomfortable, also. Don't you know I couldn't get the toothpaste on my brush. Dang if I didn't miss my toothbrush...like five times. Apparently, my depth perception is really off when I only have one eye to see with. I was just chuckling away in the bathroom, hubby thought I was nuts. Oh wait, he knew I was nuts but he married me anyway. Never mind. LOL

Today is a little better. Now it's not looking thru a glass of milk, it's looking thru a piece of waxed paper. Hey, that's an improvement, right?

Tomorrow I go back to the surgeon and we'll see what he has to say.

Oh no! I've been thinking of you. My dad had one eye done last week and the other done today. He and Mom live an hour away and I've been taking them to the surgery center 3:30am alarm -- urgh. Tomorrow again there for the bandage removal.

I do remember the surgeon telling me before my surgery years ago that in rare occasions, the cateract or something similar comes back after surgery but if that happens, it is a very quick (seconds) of laser work they do right in the office and once they do that it won't come back again.

I hope that gives you some peace of mind and that your fix is that or something just as easy.

Keep us posted!

This morning I got the toothpaste on my brush in only one try. Honestly, you'd think after all these years of brushing I could do it blindfolded. Apparently not. LOL I must admit, it was pretty funny.

Today I went and bought a three pack of reading glasses and stashed one in each place I thought I might need it. I'm wondering now just how long it will take me to lose three pairs? I can't tell you how many times I took of my glasses before and then couldn't see to find them. OK, I can hear you guys laughing.

Oh well, we have to find humor in our every day lives. I just have more to laugh at then most people. Ahem.

Your going to need about 7 more pairs of glasses.
default_rolleyes.gif
Good thing the Dollar store carries them and I don't care about fashion. I've got them in every room, in the barn, garage, my purse and car.
default_whistling.gif

If you're look me me, no matter how many pairs of reading glasses you get, they all migrate to the same room. One day, I had five (5) of them in the conference room at the office. Plus, I routinely spend time acting like I can reading see well enough to read a nutrition label or send a fax without finding a pair of reading glasses. I need to tie a pair to me!

So I go to the bank today and there is my favorite teller. I'm telling her how I bought four pair of reading glasses and she smiles, holds up a coffee mug with about 10 pairs of reading glasses in it. She says she bought one in every color so she could match her outfit. A lady after my own heart, I'm thinking. We had a good laugh.

Back