from Heathers loss

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cast

Reaction score
So many kind words from so many strangers yet love ones in the horse world. Yes the loss of Apple has been so hard as she has been with us so long but let me tell you a little about Apple. She was a motherly type who mother young horses we brought in and she never had a mean bone in her body. Little kids of ours or someone who had stop by would come in and some how get tangle up in Apples legs and she never kid once but always seem to like the little kids around her. As my girls grew older and new horses come and go Apple was always there and ready to go. She seem to love the times we would take her to the horse shows and while my girls were riding a new horse and showing there would be dad at the trailer waiting for someone to stop by with little kids and I would offer to give poiny rides on her and old Apple would just keep plotting along and with a little kind word would prance some to bring such a delight to the little ones. And yes Apple was with us a long time and yes she was part of the family but the time has come and I guess god needed her for his right to give pony rides so he call upon Apple to join him and to bring smiles up there in the sky so if you see a bright fluffy white cloud up there please thing of it as our Apples looking down on us and letting us know she is happy. Thank you again for all the kindwarm heart felt words from so many and I rest assure to all that Apple is only gone in Body but her Heart and Soul will remain with us until we join her. Thank you again, Heathers Dad Dave and as our hearts are filled with saddness Heathers Mom and Dad , Sister ,nieces will always remember the best love one of all, Apple.

Apple sounds like she was a wonderful horse to you and your family and the saddness comes throught in your post l wish you all the best and hope there is peace in your heart soon.

I hope everyone is blessed with just one "Apple" in their lifetime. I know I have been.

Apple sounds like she touched alot of lives. Think of how many memories she gave each and every one of those children that got a special pony ride. I remember my first pony ride.
smile.gif
She was a very special girl and your family has the best memories of all.

She will always have a special place in your heart.

The special ones that touch us so...live on forever in our hearts. God Bless!

I have a tender place and a smile in my heart for dads who understand. It is very noble to find a man who can fathom these feelings about a girl's horse! When I was 13, I got the job of breaking 4 horses and then got my choice as payment. That horse was my best friend through high school and the most difficult times of my life. Loosing her was very painful. So, my sympathy for the loss of your dear family member.

What a sweet story about a wonderful horse. So sorry for your loss but what wonderful memories you all have of your Apple.

Special horses like Apple influence our lives forever. I hope the family's pain eases with time...

You're a wonderful dad Dave to take the trouble to get on here and speak for Apple and your girls.

I'm sure there are many kids that wish you were their dad! I hope I am able to emulate this giving and do the same with our little horses. Only two in number but big in my heart..Carl and Maxine

I'm crying all over again. What a special girl you were blessed with for so long! I know she was blessed to have you as her family for so long! She was an Angel here on earth and now she has the wings she earned. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Well not only was Apple "special" I see her family was "special" as well. A match made in heaven
biggrin.gif
I know it will take some time for the sadness and the empty feeling to subside but someday you will speak about Apple and her antics and things she did and it will only bring
biggrin.gif
big smiles again to your faces and such wonderful memories to cherish always.

I suggested to your daughter the other day that she "celebrate" Apple's life here with you on this earth by doing something to "commemorate" her life. Since she has such a name I think you should plant an apple tree in remembrance of your Apple
yes.gif
Hugs to you Dad and all, you are truly a gem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back