Friends/Best Friends Songs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsedude

Reaction score
I am trying to create a little DVD gift for my best friend. I am looking for the "perfect" song that "says it all" about what she means to my life. I have a couple of songs in mind, but I am wondering if there might be some better ones out there, maybe that I have never even heard before. Something that maybe makes you think about your best friend when you hear it? Any suggestions would sure be appreciated! Thanks!

i don t know any songs but u can go on launch.com and look 4 songs
default_biggrin.png

My favorite "friend" song is That's What Friends are For.

Wind Beneath My Wings, Lean on Me, and I'll be the Wind (Garth Brooks)... those are good ones!

You could always add fun songs like Girls Wanna Have Fun.

I will try to think of some other good ones

This is a special song.........

After my older brother, Dan, was killed (murdered) -- I was not quite 16, Dan's best child hood friend stepped forward as support during that first year. He gave me an album by Simon and Garfunkel.....(This was back in the 1970's), and told me that the title song was "Our Song".

As it turned out, he also passed away - way way too young. And that song seems to come up at very special and needed times in my life on the radio. When it does, I know he is close by. He was a very good friend.

The song is....."Bridge Over Troubled Water".

Just for the record, my brother's and my song is "Daniel" by Elton John.......same thing happens when I need it. And that song was released the same month that my Dan was killed.

Songs are very very special in relationships.

MA

I love the song "Youve got a Friend" sang by James Taylor or the woman who sings it. What is her name?? Not Carly Simon but the other one? ughh getting old and have no memory

Tim McGraw's Song.. My Old Friend and I've Got Friends that do

well of course the song by Queen is a great one but there is a song by Brandy called Best Friends I have always liked

Oh MA,

I just got goose bumps when I read your reply - "Bridge Over Troubled Water" is my very favorite song. When our son Kerry died at the tender age of 18, "Bridge Over Troubled Water" was his favorite song.

He was always singing it, sometimes I get a feeling that he knew he was going to die.

We had it sung for his funeral and "someday" I want it for mine.

It has been many years since Kerry is gone - I think of him every single day and it seems when I have a difficult time and really missing him - that is when - "Bridge Over Troubled Water" will come on the radio and I know Kerry is sending it to me for comfort.

In my eyes, ....."Bridge Over Troubled Water" is the "perfect" song - that "says it all"

There is a song called "Friends are Friends Forever" by Michael W. Smith

It is an 'old song' that brings back a lot of memories for me.....

~kathryn

There is a song called "Friends are Friends Forever" by Michael W. Smith

It is an 'old song' that brings back a lot of memories for me.....

~kathryn

Yup I grew up on that one!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Its great and I love the singer.

I have a suhjestion. What about the song zi a dee do had that song is just so much fun and a friend that is feeling low might cheer right up.

Oh MA,

I just got goose bumps when I read your reply - "Bridge Over Troubled Water" is my very favorite song. When our son Kerry died at the tender age of 18, "Bridge Over Troubled Water" was his favorite song.

He was always singing it, sometimes I get a feeling that he knew he was going to die.

We had it sung for his funeral and "someday" I want it for mine.

It has been many years since Kerry is gone - I think of him every single day and it seems when I have a difficult time and really missing him - that is when - "Bridge Over Troubled Water" will come on the radio and I know Kerry is sending it to me for comfort.

In my eyes, ....."Bridge Over Troubled Water" is the "perfect" song - that "says it all"

Thank you for sharing that........You gave me goosebumps too.

I totally believe that our Loved Ones send us "signs" of love, just by the timing of those special songs. Have had some wonderful experiences.....

MA

Those Nights by Skillet

There For You by Flyleaf

Friends by Jump5

Cry On My Shoulder by Overflow

Always Be by Larue

Broken Wings by Flyleaf

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back