French Tugs vs Wrap Straps

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS Miniatures

Reaction score
So I'm looking at a couple of harnesses and they are sold with french tugs. I'm used to wrap straps and really like them better. I had a harness that were just french tugs and really disliked how the cart was having trouple staying in place. This harness is very popular especially among CDE people and I would imagine they would want a harness to keep the shafts in place. I sold that harness and in a way wish I hadn't but I just did not like how the shafts would not stay in place but looking at it again. Does anyone else have this problem and any advice to fix it?

Yes. Most of our harnesses have wrap straps. I invested in a nice CDE type harness for the trail driving we do. I don't like the way the shafts "float" in the shaft loops. We are very cautious in balancing our carts and check and adjust them regularly for each horse. I finally added a simple strap to keep the shafts still. I'm sure it's more annoying for me than the horse.

Back