Fraud Alert

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly... When you've got a first name as popular as "Cody" and a last name as common as "Bowers"........ I think some of "us" have been watching too many soap operas.

As to the aerial photos, I have found them to be inaccurate. Ours is about five years old as it doesn't show our barn built about five years ago. So if our home had been built in the last five years it would show an empty wooded lot. Also, we know many people who do not keep their horses at their residence, many use land, either rented or owned, that they drive to away from their homes and some even board.

Thank you for the Myspace Link...this is exactly who we are dealing with, a 17 year old kid, just like the website stated. Very interesting. Thanks!

Actually, according to this website:http://www.howmanyofme.com/search/

there are 24 "real" Cody Bowers in the US.
The white pages lisitings show even more - even when you eliminate the duplicate listings. Suffice to say - there are many "real" Cody Bowers. Even this one. Imagine that!

...this is exactly who we are dealing with, a 17 year old kid, just like the website stated.
Yep - sometimes things are exactly what they seem - no matter what evidence or conspiracies one can come up with.
default_yes.gif

I am sorry that a few individuals decided to take actions into their own hands instead of letting the individuals directly involved handle the situation. I guess that is the risk that one takes when posting information on a public forum. I do not believe anyone was trying to do anything intentionally, sometimes some people just get too involved in things that do not pertain to them. I can only hope these actions will not come back to bite us in the butt.
Amen to that ^^^....

Exactly... When you've got a first name as popular as "Cody" and a last name as common as "Bowers"........ I think some of "us" have been watching too many soap operas.
Or CSI:>>>>insert city<<<< ...
default_biggrin.png

I am so glad, I was actually the one who was going to be getting that buckskin colt, on his website! Until I came across the website with the "stallion" which was really a mare owned by someone else!!!!! He was going to trade me for my horse, so good thing I found the actual website of the lady who owns the mare. But I believe this person should get in a lot of trouble, hes out to take people money and we get nothing in return!!!

Here is an interesting connection. When you look at Cody's MySpace page you see he has a friend that is an 18 male from Pikeville, TN who lists his occupation as a farmer, farrier.

Hey Marty, do you know of any 18 yo farriers in your neck of the woods? He shows himself as a 2007 graduate of Bledsoe County High School.

default_wacko.png

I can't believe that no one is respecting the original posters request to STOP!! If he, Martha (??), Liz, whomever else want to persue this legally, I am sure there isn't one post here; Cody died 20 years ago, he really is a space alien, he has 21 toes!! OMG!!! That is / will help the original posters in his/their case.

Oh just wanted to add there are 119 Sheryl Stewarts in the United States. Good GOD help us all!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an interesting connection. When you look at Cody's MySpace page you see he has a friend that is an 18 male from Pikeville, TN who lists his occupation as a farmer, farrier.
Hey Marty, do you know of any 18 yo farriers in your neck of the woods? He shows himself as a 2007 graduate of Bledsoe County High School.
Ummmm - guys?
default_unsure.png

This is a public board. It is one thing to illustrate how many people have the same name (God help the 9 of me that actually admit being out there) - even in a small area - and thus everything is not ID fraud... BUT...

Anyone can read here. I think that the "investigations" by those who were NOT involved in any way should cease and desist as horsedude suggested. Now we are going to check out the guy's friends and start pointing fingers there as well?
default_wacko.png
Not. Our. Job. Just... wow.

Seriously - IMO this needs to be left to the people who were actually involved and not to the rest of us... who had nothing to do with it whatsoever.

It seems horsedude's comments need to be repeated on this page as well...

I am sorry that a few individuals decided to take actions into their own hands instead of letting the individuals directly involved handle the situation. I guess that is the risk that one takes when posting information on a public forum. I do not believe anyone was trying to do anything intentionally, sometimes some people just get too involved in things that do not pertain to them. I can only hope these actions will not come back to bite us in the butt.
default_no.gif

ETA:

In the interest of full disclosure.... I am not the real tagalong.

This was Tag. I stole her name.
embarassed.gif

And I also stole my name from this....
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

tagcookie.gif

And more evidence...
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

tagalongs.jpg

And yet more...