found this on the internet

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kayla221444

Reaction score
Click here to go to website

what do you all think about this?
default_unsure.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Each to their own I guess. I didn't go look at the links. I don't understand where they are coming from though especially that beautiful little foal, who I am pretty sure belongs to a member. Boo Hoo to them! We love our mini's don't we?

Well, my FIRST thought was do they kiss their mama's with those lips???
default_nono.gif
Isn't there a moderator for that site? My second thought was fury, I get upset with the irresponsible breeders too, but they are NOT exclusive to the miniature breed, and these sanctimonious people are making it sound like there are 3 people in the world qualified to breed miniatures and the rest of us are idiots deliberately breeding for mutants. My horses are not mutants....are yours??, and why aren't these experts pulling from any websites that aren't showing minis at their absolute worst? Then they start bashing the associations and the shows because minis are ALL out of control and fugly evidently. I'd LOVE to see their horses, because although the picture of Pete with his show horse is nice, blow that baby up to 15 HH keeping all proportions the same and it has a head too big to fit in any bridle I own. I guess I'd love to go sign up and start blasting, but what good would it do? They think we are all ignorant idiots, and I think they are all illiterate, narrow minded fools, probably wouldn't be a good match!
default_laugh.png

That blog is something I read daily. Yes, it's a bit over the top, but she also KNOWS horses. I've learned a ton about conformation by reading that site. That post was a long time ago and since then she's come around a bit where miniatures are concerned. She has highlighted Chances in her Friday Rescue blog. Although I didn't like this particular post, there's a lot to be learned from her and believe me, if she finds out you're not taking proper care of your horses, watch out!!! She's has a following that is HUGE and they will be all over it like white on rice.

WOW
default_new_shocked.gif

To be honest I found that quite appalling and a perfect example of someone (who admittadly) has no actual experience with minis. Yes our breed has issues, but that doesn't make ALL breeders and owners are guilty of proliferating "mutant horses". There are plenty of irresponsible "big horse" owners and breeders (hence the market for horse slaughter, over population). And not to mention dogs, I won't even go there.

This woman is a perfect example of why education is so important for our breed.

FHOTD blog has been around for awhile, and this particular thread is over a year and a half old. Every now and then they have something interesting to say, but usually its just negative stuff.

FHOTD blog has been around for awhile, and this particular thread is over a year and a half old. Every now and then they have something interesting to say, but usually its just negative stuff.

Back