For you ridding pony people,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Hi pony people,

I was out getting pictures today of my dads ridding pony. Dads had this pony a little over a year, he bought it for the girl pictured. She helps me with the Minis and cleans stalls for us, grooms ext. She is 12yrs old and loves ridding horse, she is a fellow horse lover. I have a 'big horse' friend and when i go over their i always take her along so she can ride my friends big horses, boy this girl loves to ride. So dad bought her this pony, exept when dad got him he was pretty green. Crystal and i put in allot of time, i did allot of reining and working with him w/ draw reins ext from the ground and crystal did the work from the saddle. I bought a book on training a horse to ride and over the past yr we have taken him from very green to where he is today, we're both very proud!!!! He is my fathers horse but crystal and i are his main handlers and trainers since dad is almost never home. He is built so much like a classic exept his head is more 'stock' type.

How does he look? I'm in no way a person who knows much about ridding but i think Crystal (who did most of the work BTW lol) and i did decent, he is very safe to ride ...this past year was allot of work though.

He is 45'' as well. His name is Jimmy ....here is Crystal ridding him today. You can tell in some of the pics i've had draw reins on him lol. In the last two trotting pictures this was toward the end of their ride and he was getting pretty worn out so his headset is pretty bad.

100_11332.jpg

100_11312.jpg

100_11352.jpg

100_11412.jpg

100_11372.jpg

PS: Dad has him for sale
default_wink.png
:

If he isnt sold by spring time i told dad that i want to keep him and let Crystal show him next year locally.

Sorry they are so blurry, we were in my dads pasture and its so hard to get a good picture over their, i had to zoom way in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice pony and the both of you have done a great job. Sorry to hear your dad has him up for sale.

I really wish dad didnt put him up for sale, he's been for sale for a month or so ...i just now got around to getting good pics. Like i said, ridding is not my thing but Crystal wanted to go for it, didnt expect to really get him to the point where i would be thinking about having her show him. Dad and i both agreed that if we still have him by spring Crystal will show him in ridding.

I personally think he should be ridden English, his trot is just not western in stlye IMO. She can easily control his trot (she trained him that lol, like i said i'm clueless when it comes to ridding ..never was my thing).

Last edited by a moderator:
Good little riding ponies are worth their weight in gold in my opinion.
default_yes.gif
: He looks like a real sweetheart and if your dad does sell him he should make some child very happy!

Just curious- how tall is Crystal? She looks great- and the pony loks very nice!

I ask how tall she is because sometimes I'm tempted to ride my mare- but I'm sure I am way too tall even at 5'2- she's 45" also!

acheron my neigbor rides patches. shes 5'2. patches is 46"

leanna that is a really pretty pony and i dont think youll have trouble selling him.

Crystal is prob around 5'2'' i'd say.

leanna that is a really pretty pony and i dont think youll have trouble selling him.
See kay, thats the thing ..i dont want him to sell lol,we've just had way to much fun with training this pony. I understand where dad is coming from though, we need to be able to pay for my little show habit next yr
default_smile.png

Wow you mean there might be an ADVANTAGE to my being so short at my advanced age?

Oh how tempting- and what a great way to get her broke!

Leanna what a nice pony! Can I borrow Crystal?
default_yes.gif
:

LOL nope Acheron, Crystal is my barn helper :lol:.

That girl will ride anything, i tell you what! When we got him he was so green, i had to hold Crystal back from just jumping up on him lol. She wants to do rodeo's and all that eventually, i'm not into that whole thing but i think she has a good future ahead of her in that if she chooses to go with it.

Tommarow morning i'm going to go and get an english saddle from a friend of mine and we're going to see how he looks english
default_yes.gif
:

Tommarow morning i'm going to go and get an english saddle from a friend of mine and we're going to see how he looks english
default_yes.gif
:
Oh ok but you can't blame me for asking- :bgrin

I hope you take more pictures with the English saddle, I for one would love to see!

Michelle

Latest posts

Back