For those who aked about the "Magic Shoe"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwminis

Reaction score
[SIZE=18pt]I wanted to post this reply on my earlier post for those who asked about the "Magic Shoes" and how they worked and where to get them! This was the last relpy to my post on Patches![/SIZE]

Bill
default_yes.gif
:

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Bill had posted these wonderful pictures and story on Little Bit's Forum, but he didn't tell me he was posting them here on Lil' Beginnings, too!

I had been working for about two months with Patches' former owner, as he had written to me inquiring about Little Bit's *Magic Shoes*. He decided to let me find her a loving forever adoptive home. One lady, who was not too far away, was going to take her and try to get her hooves trimmed and her *Magic Shoes* on, but her life kind of took a turn for the worse and so I was back to square one in finding Patches just the "right" home, someone who would be willing to make this HUGE commitment to a special little horse with some real leg problems! Well, I could not think of anyone that fit her needs, anymore than my dear friends, Bill & Wanalynn, but she was quite a ways away from them! Bill helps me to find homes for these special little horses through our "Little Bit's Dwarf Adoption Program", so when I e-mailed him again with new pictures of little Patches, Wanalynn called Bill at work at told him they just HAD to take this baby on! Bless their hearts! THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!

I will try to answer some of the questions that I remember that were asked, but I have a bad case of CRS, so forgive me if I don't answer them all.

I remember "ferrah" asking if the *Magic Shoes* would work for large breed foals with contracted tendons who are walking on their tip toes....the answer is, YES! I just recently sent a shoe out to a QH foal that had cut a tendon and was walking on it's tip toe. I made a toe extension for him and YES! it worked it's "magic" for that foal, too!

There are LOTS of "regular" Miniature Horses that have been helped with the shoes, as well as the dwarf minis...the shoes will work for any size horse.

One Ritz-c-kid you wrote:

I have a question though what are the shoes made of?And I think this was already asked how do they work?They look awsome!!

The shoes are made out of aluminum. The shoes work by kinda giving the horses a "bigger understanding". In Patches' case she was rolling over to the inside of both front hooves, as well as going down in her pasterns(walking on the bulbs of her heels instead of up on her hooves) so I made her a pair of shoes that have an extension on both the side and in the back. Patches was also down in her pastern in her back legs, but with Bill's corrective trim, that was all it took to get her up onto her hooves. A corrective trim can work wonders for these little horses, but as you can see, Patches just needed a little more help from the shoes.

TuffsMom....I am tickled that your husband was able to help your lil' Tuffy, that is wonderful!!!

Dona, I sure wish I'd been making the *Magic Shoes* back when you had your sweet little Beethoven, too, bless his little heart, what a precious baby he was!

The address for Little Bit's *Magic Shoes*, is listed below in my signature. There is also a link to Little Bit's life story...my inspiration for the shoes...my sweet baby boy who I lost almost 3 years ago. I still miss my boy, but he has found me 4 other special little horses that needed me, as I know Little Bit knew I needed them to take my mind of of loosing him.

Hummmmm. now I suppose I am going to have to start sending out sparkly hoof polish with the shoes!

Thank you Marty for singing my praises.

--------------------

Janell & The Biscuits...Tessa, Inky, Dusty, Fairy, Strawberry, Smidgen & Toy
default_smile.png

Website for *MAGIC SHOES*

http://www.littlemagicshoes.com

LITTLE BIT'S FORUM

http://www.sunshineforums.com/forum/index....forum=littlebit

Articles on Dwarfism In The Mini Horse

http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/dmh/

Latest posts

Back