??? for those that jumped on the gelding bandwagon

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I didn't post on the original one, but we recently gelded a stallion. Oh my has it made a difference. Before all he would do is paced (both inside and out) and when he was being led, he would scream his head off. Now he is the most quiet and docile little horse. lol now that he is gelded, my friend is thinking about gelding almost every boy onthe farm.....except her two stallions.

Amanda

I gelded my stallion in December....it was a very hard decision for me to make...but it was totally worth it! He is a MUCH happier horse and I'm enjoying him a lot more. Prior to him being gelded he was very angry...and although we got along well for the most part....he was a huge handful and most things were a battle. Now he's just happy go lucky, I can keep him out with other horses, and he enjoys doing things rather than just doing them because I made him. We had no intention of ever selling him...so now he's just our show gelding/babysitter
laugh.gif

I'm very happy to see so many people gelding now....and the quality of the geldings showing. Our gelding classes at our regional show were HUGE....and the quality was outstanding.

Here's my gelding....Black Tie Affair:

tazz2.jpg

Tracy

Nope all we had was fillies this year lol.

Honestly I think geldings are getting more popular each year. More people are educated and are picking the right stallions. Much harder today IMO to sell a stallion unless he is National Caliber.

our only colt born this year was sold on a gelding contract and as soon as hes old enough heck have the dead done. Also sold another gelding and bought a gelding LOL. If i had known that colt would be our only live foal this year i would have kept him for MY show gelding. But hes in a great home so i am very happy about that. Every colt born here so far has been gelded.
smile.gif

I have had more people wanting geldings this year then ever before. Wish i had had a couple more to sell!! lately i have had people wanting minis that were years ago in big horses so they want a gelding and wouldnt even consider buying a stallion

Marty said:
Carol! I swear........you are so funny!!!!!!!! I am cracking up so bad here!!!!
Talk about having a way with words:

Bandwagon? There should be a HUGE one going from farm to farm collecting testicles.
new_rofl.gif

new_rofl.gif

new_rofl.gif

new_multi.gif

new_multi.gif

new_multi.gif

I'll be keeping Timmy's in a jar under my pillow
wub.gif

wub.gif

wub.gif
Guess you better not sleep with me
wacko.gif

475651[/snapback]

[SIZE=21pt]SLEEP WITH YOU? I DON'T THINK SO
laugh.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/SIZE]

I have heard about putting a lot of things under your pillow....but testicles is not one of them!

Latest posts

Back