For those of us who believe in Heaven

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mona, you made me cry.. A lot of these stories are so touching and amazing!.. Thank you all for sharing..

Jill, we are a close community.. even though sometimes we have the trouble.. you just have to look past the bad and see all the good we have here. I feel it far outweighs the bad.
I'm with you all the way, ML
default_yes.gif
LB is a very special place
default_wub.png

I am not a religious person, but I too have had experiences that can not be explained by science or as coincidence. I have had quite a few ghostly encounters, some witnessed by others also, and some by just myself. I have also had three different situations where I was going to be somewhere, but I got a bad feeling and decided not to go, just to have a body discovered during the time I would have been there.

The first time, I worked at a military base forty miles out of our town. I live in the high desert of Southern California and it can be 5-10 years before we get a snow that really sticks on the ground. This one morning, it snowed alot. On my drive to work, there was a small truck broke down on the side of the road, and it was covered in snow. I was young and stupid, and I slowed down because I was going to stop and play in the snow that had collected on the hood of the truck. At the very last minute before I pulled over, I had this feeling that I should get to work early. I found out later that day at work, that the truck had broken down a couple of hours before I almost stopped. A soldier was on his way to the base, but apparently he had trouble, jacked the truck up, crawled under it, and because the ground was wet, the jack fell and crushed him to death. I get chills knowing that had I stopped, I would have been the person who discovered him. The second time, my husband was with me. We always got gas from this certain truck stop. One night I glanced at our car clock and it was 6:10. Out of the blue, I told my husband that we should drive an extra couple miles out of our way to see what prices were like in that area. We hadn't filled up anywhere else in months. We weren't in a hurry, so he agreed. We found out the next day that a woman's nude body had been found at our usual truck stop the previous night. The newspaper listed the call to 911 as being placed at 6:14. They believe a trucker had dumped her body sometime within the past 48 hours. And the third time, we were in the next town over. Our ritual was that when we went to that town on a weekend, we would get a pizza and go to this small Regional Park where they have two lakes for fishing, riding stables, and camels, and we would walk around the lakes and watch the horses for hours. My husband was driving to the pizza place around one in the afternoon, and all of a sudden I told him that I didn't want to go. He asked me why, and I told him that I just wanted to come back home instead. We heard on the radio the next day that they had found someone floating in one of the lakes there a little after two in the afternoon - when we would have been there. I can't explain the feelings that made me change my mind on these occasions, it was just a really strong feeling that I didn't want to be there.

I lost my grandmother last November, and when she was in the hospital, there were times when she would completely ignore the people in the room with her, and she would stare up at the corner and move her mouth silently like she was talking to someone there that only she could see. There have been times when our cats will stare straight up at our ceiling and act as if they are watching something. That's the only thing I can compare what she was doing to. It took me two weeks after she passed before I started having "dreams" about her. But in my dreams, she is always "gone" and she continuously hugs me, or she stands in a corner and just watches me. I find that she visits me more often when I take naps.

I don't know if it's spiritual intervention, a sixth sense, or what...but I definately know that there are unexplainable things out there. Thank you all for sharing your experiences, it is reassuring to know that I am not alone.
What you wrote about your grandmother gave me absolute chills. You see when my grandmother was dying and I was with her in the room she would look towards the ceiling and extend her arm and hand out to the ceiling with a peaceful smile on her face and I kept thinking what is she seeing, who is she reaching out to. It is something that I have never forgotten.

My mom had a NDE when she was 18. She died in her bed at home. She was in the hospital but they said there was nothing more they could do for her and they sent her home to die. Her doctor was present, my Dad (her then BF) her mother and a nurse. She died. She felt like she left her body, she saw the very bright tunnel in front of her, she had a feeling of utter peace and wanting to stay there. She heard the doctors say "she's gone" and saw my Dad and Gran crying. She saw other bright, glowing 'people' all around her bed. But then she felt herself being pulled back into her body as they revived her. She's 79 now but still remembers that day as if it were yesterday. She's not afraid to die because she says dying is not a frightening thing.

I have also been told that dieing is a very peaceful feeling. I knew a guy that nearly drowned one time, and he said that it was a very calm and peaceful feeling, and it was nothing like he had imagined it might be. Since then, he was not afraid to die. (and has since, passed away)

I have also been told that dieing is a very peaceful feeling. I knew a guy that nearly drowned one time, and he said that it was a very calm and peaceful feeling, and it was nothing like he had imagined it might be. Since then, he was not afraid to die. (and has since, passed away)
It was a profoundly spiritual experience for her and something she carries with her to this day. She savors every day of life (just this past June she went sailing on a 52 ft catamaran off the British Virgin Islands for 6 friends and relatives) and doesn't want to die (of course) but she's not afraid of it now she knows what the actual passing is like...and because so many people know her as such an honest person - many others are less afraid too because of her sharing this experience.

It is good to know if has had such a goof effect on her perception of death now, and also others through her sharing of her experience. I wish all people could feel that same peace about it, but I know many fear it.

My grandparents had a close and loving marriage. Very often he would siddle up to her while she was cooking, and with a gleem in his eye, whisper something to her that would make her bite her lip, blush and giggle! She NEVER did that girlish giggle unless he caused it. I always wondered what it was that he said to her, but that was always private between them.

He died there at home after a long illness. I thought there was no way grandma could go on without him. She was beyond hurting without him, but she did live on as best she could for 8-9 years. Then she was dying. My mom and sister were with her there at home. They had her in a bed in the living room where it was warmer and they could watch over her better should she need something. My grandma was a PLEASER to others all her life. She didn't speak up for herself. Well she did that day!

I asked my mom what grandma's last words were. My mom said grandma was laying in bed and started smiling, then she blushed and was giggling that special giggle that belonged only to grandpa. She was chatting away to someone. My mom and sister went to her and asked her what was wrong, did she need anything, who was she talking to? And my grandma's last words were "Leave me alone, I'm busy".

My grandpa had been waiting for her and he came to be with her when she crossed over. He came to get her.

Robin, that is a beautiful story!

Probably about 20 years ago, a friend of our family's father was dying. His wife, Ruby, had passed away about 10 years before. He and Ruby had been together over 50 years. Her father had been bedridden for weeks, and had been too weak to sit up and mostly unconscious.

Towards the end, the family had been called in because the doctors told them it wouldn't be long. The family sat by his bedside and sometime in the night, he opened his eyes, sat up in bed and smiled this huge smile. He held out his arms and said, "Ruby!" Then he laid back down and breathed his last breath. We all know that his beloved Ruby had come to welcome him Home!

Barbara

I know a few people that have almost died that say it was peaceful. I also know one of these people and went to say good byes but she came back. One would think a near death experience would change a person for the better. This person was changed for the opposite. She couldn't treat people any worse.

I don't necessarly believe in heaven or heck but that is prob way I am afraid of death. I have tried to discover things and learn to help find that inner peace but no luck.

I do however have some of those strong feelings of what not to do at times. For example, when I was considering fighting for rights to my daughter. In the end I decided not to because I couldn't ignore the continued voice telling me I wouldn't be safe, my life would be in danger if I did.

Many years ago my father was hospitalized for an illness which caused severe high fever for a prolonged time. I sat with him nights at the hospital. He was very ill and became very jaundiced and fevers spiked very high. The doctors did not know the cause but were treating the symptoms.

One night my father opened his eyes and began staring at the blank wall across from him in the hospital room. He began talking and describing that he saw a beautiful garden with a lake and a bridge which went across to the other side. He began describing a nice man on the other side who was motioning to him. He kept saying what a nice, nice man he was and did I know who he was. My father was exclaiming about the beauty and peace and the nice man waiting to greet him. He described this in great detail to me until he lapsed into unconsciousness.

Over the next days, antibiotics and treatment began to work and my father recovered and went home from the hospital. I talked to my father about what he had described to me in what I thought was a near death experience. My father was confused because he did not recall the experience, but I believe he was describing the "other side" to me in detail.

I used to have a profound fear of death. As I grow older, I have a sense of the vastness of the universe and the tiny bit of which we really know and experience of what is "real." Spirit, energy, love, God - all those concepts are so far beyond my understanding that I can't help believe that we only know a tiny bit of what the God has in store for us in the timelessness of His Creation.

Aristocrat, my father had a similiar experience a while ago...he also recovered, for now.....he was calling for his dog, Baxter, who died over 8 years ago....he doesn't remember either. But it was very odd because he never spoke of Baxter after he passed away, he loved him so much.

At My Uncles funeral I saw 'him' standing beside his casket, I clearly remember watching his chest rise up and down. He died of lung disease. He also came to see me once at home in daylight. He was leaning on the horse's fence. Before he died he told me he wanted to visit the horses.

My Dad and his other Brother were extremely close, they always worked on cars together and while visiting our house he always drank out of a certain coffee mug. After he died the mug came up missing. We always thought mom secretly hid the mug from My Dad to not remind him of his Brothers passing. Years later the mug was found in the FRONT of the cabinet with dried coffee and a greasy thumb print, just as if he had been over that morning to help Dad work on cars. The mug was placed in a curio cabinet. Weeks later it appeared on the back bumper of My Dad's truck and made the trip about an hour from So MD to Washington DC. The same night I found a spark plug to a lawn mower in my nightstand drawer. My Uncle worked on small engines for a living.

Even as a kid I saw My Grandparents that had passed before I was born.. My parents were surprised even at 3-5 I could tell them what they looked like.

When I was 2.5 My Mom's Dad died. She sat me down in tears wanting to explain something to me and I remember saying "you're dad died".

I had a dream two friends were in a car accident, down to every detail.. I saw the car accident the next day as the ambulance got there and knew it was from my dream.. Heard on the news later that night it was indeed my friends.

I really could go on and on..

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. Very touching subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't necessarly believe in heaven or heck but that is prob way I am afraid of death. I have tried to discover things and learn to help find that inner peace but no luck.
Ashley, don't fear death. It's something that happens to us all. Instead accept it and live life
default_smile.png
Death is nothing to fear, it's the fun part between birth and death that's what it's all about! I know this thread want's to keep NDE's exclusive to those believing in heaven only but NDE's have nothing to do with heaven. It's a purely biological response to hypoxia of the brain, 100% reproducible in a lab and more importantly experienced by atheists and other non Christians.

Last edited by a moderator:
Difficult to convey.. I don't believe in Heaven or heck. I don't believe in an organized religion. I can't even say I believe in NDE. I do however believe in 'energy'.

I fear death, but at times logically I attempt to embrace it.

I have a lot of 'gut feelings' and events that happen almost as if they're predictable.. I can even feel the anticipation of something happening long before it does but the feeling doesn't quite make sense then whenever the event happens I always think 'that's why I've been feeling that way'.

As I said, difficult to covey.. Makes sense in my head or perhaps not.

Latest posts

Back