For Ginny on your return...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
I thought it was important that you see this. First off I want to applaud you and all the members of the BOD of CMHR, you did an AWESOME job and I am so very sorry that the door got shut in your face once more, just glad you are on the road, safe and sound...

I know when you see this it will confirm what you were saying... Sheriff telling different things to different people.... This was written on Wednesday... I was going to post this on the main forum but didn't want to start a war, lol.

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] OnBehalf Of Barbara Hudson

Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:51 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: [LSER-HfHMembers] Kansas Sheriff okay

I just had a long talk with Sheriff Harold Coleman. He assured me that the

situation with the miniature horse would be resolved by Friday. I believe

him because:

He and several of his deputies have been spending a lot of time with the

horses. He assured me they are not cold hearted. He is a cattleman.

He said it is not a quantity of feed issue but a quality of feed issue. He

said the area experienced a prolonged drought and hay was nearly impossible

to get - let alone good hay. Having experienced this situation myself (I

could not get ANY hay, had to start feeding alfalfa pellets) I understand.

He said that poor feed, parasites and dominance issues were the reason half

the herd is in deterioating condition. He said the other half is in fair

conditon. Many of the horses are aged.

He said there are some hoof issues but that all of the horses could walk

and get up and down.

He believes the horses got in the condition they are in because the owner

has too many. I told him that our members have offered to take some of the

animals, some had even offered to pay for the horses. He said that would be

the best action - to reduce the herd.

A Veterinarian from KSU (not KU) is scheduled to evaluate the horses

tomorrow. They are already being treated for the parasites, fed and

watered.

He told me the horses would be cared for even if it was at the expense of

the county.

He said a reporter from KOAM was out with the horses all day yesterday and

told him the situation was not as it had been depicted to him. The Sheriff

was hoping the TV station would air the report to set the record straight.

He said his office has been inundated with phone calls, some from as far

away as New Zealand. They have received threats. He said a lot of the

things he has been accused of are misunderstandings or are outright false.

He said it did not matter about the threats- they are handling it because

it is their duty to do so. The phone calls are not helping because they

take up so much staff time. It was obvious he was exhausted explaining

himself and the situation. I appreciated him talking to me and told him so.

He is going to find out if the owner will sell the horses. I told him it

would have to be a reasonable price based on their age and condition. He

understood and asked me to call back on Friday.

I will call back on Friday. I will continue to monitor what is happening to

the minis with the Sheriff himself. I want to stay in this man's good

esteem - he is the key.

Barbara

Mulvane, KS
OH and see you don't have to worry, the county is going to pay for the upkeep of the herd
default_wacko.png
:

I now that you people was just tiring to help but you all went the wrong way about it that poor man is at the end of his rope and he is a good man and you and the the people from the rescue gruops lie out your teeth to everyone i was there and i heard it for my self you was tell vern one thing the other man was telling him another so who was he post to believe in no one if i was in his shoe i wouldnt have let you on my place dont get me wrong he does need to down size but not give them away and you dont now vern all of you people that was running down didnt now him i just pray you dont treat all people like you all did him and as for the no feed or hay or water there is 2 ponds on the place but no one wanted to say that yes the mini's like the city water but the other water was there and all you people that said that was going to be there on Sat and Sun what happen to them so vern can forgive you all but not me i dont want to upset anyone but this is what i feel i have tired and tired to get in to the little talk beofre now but couldnt get in i hope people will leave him alone so he can get done what needs to be done

I just want to say a very BIG Thank You to CMHR for all they have done for these minis!!!! {{{HUGS}}} to you all!!!
default_wub.png
:

Cowgirlways, please let it rest or go tell this to "Boo" one of his horses. I am not interested in hearing one or the other, pro or against. It's done now. Please go post this somewhere else but on this forum. CMHR worked hard and so did the other rescues and volunteers, against some roadblocks. Have a nice evening and take care.

Last edited by a moderator:
I now that you people was just tiring to help but you all went the wrong way about it that poor man is at the end of his rope and he is a good man and you and the the people from the rescue gruops lie out your teeth to everyone i was there and i heard it for my self you was tell vern one thing the other man was telling him another so who was he post to believe in no one if i was in his shoe i wouldnt have let you on my place dont get me wrong he does need to down size but not give them away and you dont now vern all of you people that was running down didnt now him i just pray you dont treat all people like you all did him and as for the no feed or hay or water there is 2 ponds on the place but no one wanted to say that yes the mini's like the city water but the other water was there and all you people that said that was going to be there on Sat and Sun what happen to them so vern can forgive you all but not me i dont want to upset anyone but this is what i feel i have tired and tired to get in to the little talk beofre now but couldnt get in i hope people will leave him alone so he can get done what needs to be done
Let me help you rant.
default_yes.gif
:

I now KNOW that you people was WERE just tiring TRYING to help but you all went the wrong way about it that poor man is at the end of his rope and he is a good man and you and the the OUPS TOO MANY THE's people from the rescue gruops GROUPS lie out your teeth to everyone i I was there and i I heard it for my self you was tell YOU WAS TELL - sorry can't make any sense of this one no matter how hard I try vern Vern - capital V dear on a name one thing the other man was telling him another so who was he post Could this be SUPPOSED to believe in no one if i I was in his shoe i I wouldnt have let you on my place dont get me wrong he does need to down size but not give them away and you dont now KNOW vern VERN - remember..capitals on names dear all of you people that was Could this be WERE running down didnt now KNOW him i I just pray you dont treat all people like you all did him and as for the no feed or hay or water there is 2 ponds on the place but no one wanted to say that yes the mini's like the city water but the other water was there and all you people that said that was going to be there on Sat and Sun what happen to them so vern VERN can forgive you all but not me i I dont want to upset anyone but this is what i I feel i I have tired TRIED and tired TRIED to get in to the little talk beofre BEFORE now but couldnt get in i I hope people will leave him alone so he can get done what needs to be done

We left the punctuation as it stands. I'm sorry 5 year old niece got fed up trying to correct it all. OUPS
default_wink.png
: :eek:

Let me help you rant.
default_yes.gif
:

I now KNOW that you people was WERE just tiring TRYING to help but you all went the wrong way about it that poor man is at the end of his rope and he is a good man and you and the the OUPS TOO MANY THE's people from the rescue gruops GROUPS lie out your teeth to everyone i I was there and i I heard it for my self you was tell YOU WAS TELL - sorry can't make any sense of this one no matter how hard I try vern Vern - capital V dear on a name one thing the other man was telling him another so who was he post Could this be SUPPOSED to believe in no one if i I was in his shoe i I wouldnt have let you on my place dont get me wrong he does need to down size but not give them away and you dont now KNOW vern VERN - remember..capitals on names dear all of you people that was Could this be WERE running down didnt now KNOW him i I just pray you dont treat all people like you all did him and as for the no feed or hay or water there is 2 ponds on the place but no one wanted to say that yes the mini's like the city water but the other water was there and all you people that said that was going to be there on Sat and Sun what happen to them so vern VERN can forgive you all but not me i I dont want to upset anyone but this is what i I feel i I have tired TRIED and tired TRIED to get in to the little talk beofre BEFORE now but couldnt get in i I hope people will leave him alone so he can get done what needs to be done

We left the punctuation as it stands. I'm sorry 5 year old niece got fed up trying to correct it all. OUPS
default_wink.png
: :eek:
You sound like a very intelligent woman miniwhinny :no: Do you treat everyone like you just did here? Very sad if you do.

Cowgirlways, please let it rest or go tell this to "Boo" one of his horses. I am not interested in hearing one or the other, pro or against. It's done now. Please go post this somewhere else but on this forum. CMHR worked hard and so did the other rescues and volunteers, against some roadblocks. Have a nice evening and take care.

And to you Danielle, This is so unkind of you to act like a child when posting. I will deleat my account because of people like you that seem to have all the answers, don't believe in freedom of speach, and are very rude to others. I just can't understand how some one can treat others like this. [SIZE=14pt]Very bad eye sore for this website[/SIZE]

People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

please stop fighting! This kind of talk will not help anything and is just not at all constructive
default_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back