For all the "old" and former LB Members

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt very privileged to meet Tony at the 1998 AMHA National show in Reno.

I still do!
default_smile.png
He is always so helpful with any questions I have and I loved getting to see his farm and all his BEAUTIFUL and small minis twice at his farm in Texas!

Susan O.

always Loved Tonys posts! I remember Jesper y'all remember him? and what about Stacy?

Here's a blast from the past
default_yes.gif
How many remember "Mickey"??

ML.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I first found lilbeginnings late 1998, or early 1999 not long after we bought our first mini's. I mainly lurk now, every once in a while I feel compelled to post something. I remember all the threads mentioned and the very old forum format.

There was a lady on here who had min's and she got cancer and had to sell her herd and move her family into town so she could get treatments. I think she still posts randomly on here not sure.....White Star??

I loved the AMHA convention in Portland. Jenn and Kendra and I had a rip-roaring time as I gave them a tour of "my" Portland.

I've made so many great "real world" friends through LB, some right here in the region and others across the country, although I see them rarely. Of course, I have an advantage of owning a true mini ambassador in Mingus. I often meet new people who don't recognize my name, but know all about him!

Hi there...Susanne alerted me to this thread's existence and I thought I'd say hey!

Kari G introduced me to LB in 1997, right at the time my Cherry Bomb was born. It was a great place to while away hours on mare stare, or in the rainy Winter months between show seasons, brag about wins, console each other over losses, connect with people. I have met so many friends here and I treasure them all.

I still have just two minis, Cherry and Lailah, both born here and they are 15 and 11, respectively. It is too hard for me to think of someone not caring for them properly or breeding them and not caring about the foals, etc. One thing that raising minis for over 10 years gave me was a bit of a cowardly attitude in respect to selling them or adopting them out in some cases. I miss having foals, but not the prospect of selling them and hearing later that they were starved, beaten, neglected. It is a HUGE job to breed a mare to a stallion, and it is also full of rewards.

Also: My family purchased a fishing vessel, the Lady Laura, a 65' steel crabber/troller based in Warrenton, OR (a mini version of the Deadlist Catch type boats). It has consumed every available space and dollar and also my ambition to raise more critters or put time into traveling around to shows. The truck now hauls a flatbed full of gear instead of a mini horse trailer, and the barn now houses buoys and pots, line and parts instead of horses and hay. I hope to pursue having more horses at another time in my life, but I know that the two old girls I have are content to graze and meander around the pasture in each other's company. I did have to re-home Mouse, my beloved gelding, because he was bored and the odd man out with the women. He was ramping up his negative behavior and was very happy to find his new home, as was I.

My two youngest sons are now 11 and 8, and they also keep me too busy to do justice to more horses. They are more the video game/motorcycle/school sports minded kids anyway, so again we had a conflict of interest.

Who knows, we may come back over to the "light side" but for now, just too darn busy and I do most of my online socializing through Facebook with the new networks I have, although many of you are there, too. Look me up by my email address: [email protected] if you like!

Liz

How I've MISSED you Liz!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

I got here Dec of 1999 or 2000, so I've been here 12-13 years.

Wow... I remember when we typed our message in the 'Subject' line and put -nm at the end!

Kari...I remember that too...

The forum looked a bit like this...

Thread topic

response

response

response

response

The first time I came here, it was to see pictures of a filly I had out of one of my mares, who was bred to a stallion Lyn Jacobs owned. She had been bred before I bought her. I'd emailed photos of the filly to Lyn and she posted them here and told me to check it out... I did, but I didn't understand "what" this place was. It was lost on me at that point
default_biggrin.png

I'm still around, I try to check pretty often to see what is going on but don't post much anymore. I know that the LB family has really helped me through some tough times over the years and without some of their help, I would have lost Legacy when she was orphaned.

Of course I always have to see if I can possibly get a Mingus fix occasionally, gosh I love that horse.

I was given my first shetland in 1957 and got my first miniatures in 1978.

I've met some wonderful people on here over the years and a few that were negative and sarcastic. The good ones have been far more than the negative ones.

I don't have as much time to get on here as I used to but I still keep in touch with a few of the forum members on a regular basis.

I remember how many times this forum has come to a member's aid when needed. That is why I still feel like this is an extended family. Like all families, there is always some bickering going on, but when it comes right down to it, there aren't many of us that wouldn't drop everything to help if there was a need and any way possible.

I have been a member for 12 years I think. I do still come and lurk, but I do not post much. I see the same ones are still at it! Not my cup of tea to bicker. But I do love reading some of the topics and seeing the pics of everyones pride and joys. And I chat regularly with Forum members. FYI... Dreamer is doing very well. She is 19 yo this year, God Love her!

I loved the AMHA convention in Portland. Jenn and Kendra and I had a rip-roaring time as I gave them a tour of "my" Portland.
We had a great time at the convention, but Susanne's tour was definitely the highlight - I'd been to Portland before, and didn't like the city at all. But Susanne's Portland was a place I'd love to visit again.

As far as how long I've been here ... at least since 1997, as that's when we lost Bunny and I remember posting about it. I was 17.

Another favorite memory ... picking up my Youth Team t-shirt at AMHA Nationals, and being asked, "Are you Kendra from Canada who's friends with Jenn?" by Al B. (I'm still Kendra from Canada who's friends with Jenn, but I'm definitely not a youth anymore ...)

Remember how bratty Jenn was way back when?? LOL
She's still a brat. ;-) Only now she's a very successful photographer and mother of two beautiful little girls.

Aww...Mary -- you just made Keith's and my day! Mingus sends you a sweet muzzle kiss! I don't think my family believes me when I say Mingus has friends from around the world, but I think if I ever left the forum (which I never would), someone would come here in person and teach HIM how to post.

*staples Liz to the forum*
default_wub.png

I have been on LB forums since 98 or 99.

I remember He Who Must Not Be Named and an assortment of other... "special" ...posters who have come and gone.
default_whistling.gif

I was in the washrack at the 2001 or 2002 AMHA Nationals (was not called Worlds then) and a voice called out - "is tagalong in there??!" - as I had said on LB that that was where it would be easist to find me! Two LB members were there and we has some nice visits during that week... they no longer seem to post and at the moment I cannot remember their screen names... but I still do - just not as much as I used to!

Hi all. I was Intexas2stay. Now Diamondinmypocket! Its been a long time and I have missed it here. ONLY FOR REFERENCE: I introduced the first secret santa swap. I ended up with MANY several surprises myself that year. Thank You again.

Latest posts

Back