For all the "old" and former LB Members

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Every now and then I hear from someone who asks me what's going on at the forum and then comments follow like "I don't recognize most of these people"........

That said, we all know that the forum members change and newbies are always welcome.And the "older" former members leave for whatever reason or some just hold back and lurk.

I really would love to see a lot of you return to the forum that have not participated in such a long time. I feel the newbies here as well as the "regulars" would greatly benefit from your knowledge and experiences. And besides, you are missed. Just saying.....

Oh I so agree with you Marty! There are several "old timers" who's wisdom and experience I miss a great deal. I am not a newbie any longer, have been here for more years than I care to add up but I sure learned a lot reading posts by some of the members who have gone silent and I'm sure those who are new would benefit from that knowledge too.

Agreed!

Despite my profile saying I joined May 2006, I have actually been here since 2001 or 2002.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, too!! I miss some of the people that used to post all the time back when this forum 1st started. I've been here since at least 1999 (probably longer, but I can't remember that far back! LOL!
default_whistling.gif
)

Before this forum I used to chat on the Miniature Horse chat room on AOL...anyone else remember that one?? lol

I've been here about 12 years, too. I think over time, some of the people who used to post a lot have moved on. I, too, would love to hear from them again but we do also have a lot of great, newer members. LB is THE online place for miniature horses owners, hands down. Nothing else compares.

It was 10 years ago that we adopted Mingus (then known as Squirt -- couldn't change that name quickly enough!) and then discovered this forum.

I, too, miss the many folk who used to be regulars AND the forum personality of the "olden days." (Except for He Who Will Not Be Named But Who Probably Still Lurks. I imagine he'll read this and once again threaten to sue...)

I AND the forum personality of the "olden days." (Except for He Who Will Not Be Named But Who Probably Still Lurks. I imagine he'll read this and once again threaten to sue...)
default_laugh.png
How could we forget!!!!!! Yes, I too miss the oldies and remember some of the old FUN threads that use to go on for days!!! I would laugh myself sick sometimes!

default_laugh.png
How could we forget!!!!!! Yes, I too miss the oldies and remember some of the old FUN threads that use to go on for days!!! I would laugh myself sick sometimes!
Carol, I've been thinking of dusting off my forum decoder ring to see how shiny it is these days!
default_biggrin.png

The decoder ring thread was hysterical and had all the powers-that-be involved...

Does anyone remember when all of us feeling left out of nationals created virtual road trip, with a bus travelling throughout the country to pick up different members?

Then there was the slightly off-color Prince Albert discussion...

...and some of the chats with numerous forum members participating...

The decoder ring thread was hysterical and had all the powers-that-be involved...

Does anyone remember when all of us feeling left out of nationals created virtual road trip, with a bus travelling throughout the country to pick up different members?

I remember them all except for maybe Prince Albert (my memory needs a refresh button sometimes).......There was also a slightly off color discussion on gelding too.....horses growing a few sets or more as well as other "reproductive" parts. It was hilarious!

I took a long vacation from it since I couldn't keep my mouth shut when misinformation regarding AMHA and the BOD was posted. My corrections were all taken as wrong and I was flamed many a time. After all, how could an active BOD member know what the BOD was up to??!!!
default_whistling.gif

I check the list every few weeks or so but try to stay quiet now.
default_giveup.gif

I am one of the old ones. I look now & then. Lots of new folks. Next year will be our 20th year Anniversary in minis. I have riding horses once again so not as active in the mini world. We have one mini in Roadster at AMHR Nationals so see lots of friends there!

I lurk, post once in a great while but nothing like back in the first days of the Forum. About the only thing I'll post about these days is if someone has questions about registration procedures, etc. Hey Marty, remember the intervention with the parents a long time ago? Wonder how that kid is doing these days.

Too funny!! Seems like we've gotten too wrapped up in "our opinions" sometimes (me included) that we have forgotten to have fun like this....The Prince Albert one was the funniest thing ever....
default_new_rofl.gif

Wow Marty this is a wonderful thread such a trip down memory lane!! I remember all that's been mentioned... I've laughed out loud and cried here many times. Everybody keep posting, lurkers come post please!!

Latest posts

Back