Foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bred 9 mares this year. Two were for sale, but I still have them. All are pregnant as they get bigger and bigger. Only one I am not sure yet, but she is a maiden taller mare.

The one I am most excited about is from my 23 year old mare. I bought her at 18, hoping I could get some foals out of her. She is a Whitmaack Mickey mouse daughter out of Winks. She has already produced one World Grand Champion Junior stallion and one Reserve World Grand Champion Junior mare, both out of Windchasers sire. I got an incredible black colt out of her and Windchaser 2 years ago. He will be out in the show ring this year. This year she will be having a Desperado foal.

I am sooooooooooo over due for a filly year.

We have 9 confirmed in foal and just bought 4 more that are exposed and coming from SD. They will be preg checked when they arrive!

So excited. First one is due February 6th! We are praying for the filly fairy. We have never had more fillies then colts...we always get the colt fairy lol. But, having healthy foals is all that really matters
default_smile.png

I have 10 foals due in 2011 starting in March. 5 mares are in foal to my new appaloosa mini stallion, CN Kiss This, and 3 mares are bred to my bay mini stallion, Oneka's Devil After Dark. I also have 2 arabian mares in foal to my arabian stallion, Abakus Jamaal KE. In 2010 I had 3 fillies and 3 colts. 4 were minis(2 colts & 2 fillies) and 2 arabian foals(1 colt & 1 filly). I sold all but my 2 mini fillies.

I have 4 foals coming and my daughter has 2. All are sired by multi World Top 10, Redrock Magic Maker. 30" homozygous tobiano and also carries sabino and splashed white.

7-07MagicMaker.jpg

6-10MagicMakers2.jpg

The majority of the mares have World Show titles, so it should be a colorful, conformationally correct group of foals. Colts or fillies, I don't care! The first mare due is 303 days today. It won't be long now!

We have six mares we hand bred and one that was pasture bred. All the hand bred mares LOOK preggy, we aren't sure on the pasture bred mare.

Five mares are bred to Elvis, one to Lotto and one to Buck. I REALLY hope either Pinkie or Misty foal a colt- as I want an AMHA/AMHR Junior GELDING to play with!

Well, starting from the end of March, maybe into July, we have mares due to the 2 stallions below.

My black Overo "Nort"

website1006034.jpg

and Creta Hills perlino Ten L's Spirits Afterglow

website1006005.jpg

Not sure which are really bred. A few I know are and some I'm not sure of yet, as they're not far along enough to tell. You can see the mares on my FOAL PAGE
default_smile.png
I think we may have 6-11 babies!

http://www.rokominis.com/website1_006.htm

We have three mares exposed, not confirmed yet, but by looks of bellies I'm pretty sure 2 of them are, the third I think is but she's one that really doesn't "blossom" until the last couple months.

Should be an exciting foaling season, two of the mares are bred to Oak Parks Oh Im Awesome aka Doc:

76417_449446574612_224524494612_5387409_1656566_n.jpg

and the third is bred to my junior stallion LCA's More Bang For Your Buck aka Royal, for his first foal:

74038_449444344612_224524494612_5387364_1408794_n.jpg

I'm REALLY hoping the filly fairy is kind to us this year, last year we were 2 for 2 on colts, seems like the berry fairy likes to hang out here! Plus would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get our first Doc filly, he's 5 for 5 on boys!

I'm EXTREMELY excited about the first foal due, will be out of my silver bay roan solid mare, should be a knock out of a foal! I'm secretly hoping for a blue roan pinto filly
default_wub.png

Second is my palomino solid mare in foal to my junior stallion. Will be our first foal out of her (she's had one previous) and our first by Royal. Fingers crossed for a palomino filly
default_smile.png

And rounding out our foaling season will be my dark bay solid mare. This is a repeat breeding of our loud bay colt Teddy from last year. Can't wait to see what these two have in store for us this year!

74140_449442889612_224524494612_5387322_269253_n.jpg

We have 3, possibly 4, mares bred for this spring. I am especially excited about 2 of my 20+ mares being in foal again. We have two pinto mares bred to our black and white 27" stallion, Toy Boy and we are excited about that. We only had 1 filly in 2010 and 2 fillies in 2009, as we had cut back some in breeding. We are hoping the filly fairy will come again and give us a couple of black and white fillies to keep and show. I can't wait until spring arrives and I can turn on my barn camera again.

We are especially excited about this year's foal crop, expecting the first foals for us by both our Buckeroo son, Little Kings Buck O and our newest stallion, Blue Stars Hotrod Harley.

bomus2.jpg
hotrod2.jpg

Plus our second foal crop by our BTU son, Boones Buckeroo Too Grand Slam

Grand%20Slamh.jpg

Our mares are due to start foaling in March, and our foaling season should be over by June.

It looks like 2011 will some outstanding foals!
default_smile.png
Best of luck to everyone!

We have five mares bred to "Cowboy", who produced 100% fillies for us last year (5), which was our first foal crop by him.
Cowboy_00.jpg

Two mares were bred to CCMF Spotted Illusion, "Louie";
s_louie17.jpg

And two bred to Erica's Streakin For Bucks, this will be his first foal crop
streaker_01.jpg
"Streaker" has a lot of white appy spots on him now, AND we finally plan to get him in driving training and show him this year. Erica got him close to his HOF in halter so we'd like to finish.

A few of the mares don't look pregnant but I expect that we will have at least six foals this year. Should start arriving as soon as the end of March. So excited!

We have 3-5 the first is already in the barn.

One for sure and maybe 2 by Sky our Blue Boy grandson. One from our Redboy daughter and maybe one from our Roan Ranger daughter

7-07sky1.jpg

I'm hoping one by Bare our Redboy son which will be his very first

CrossCountryBarracudaJodiFrenchP-1.jpg

and two we got in foal to Erica's Taker

Last edited by a moderator:
Only bred one of my mares, and VET CONFIRMED in foal to Flaby Supreme for this August. Would like a filly, but as long as the foal is healthy. I have a back up plan worked out just in case so I have a foal from Supreme........

My list of who was bred is here:

Barncam lineup

Plus I should have some outside mares coming in as well. Also another Arab mare (outside) is bred and foaling here, but she's not due till July or August and I can't think that far ahead yet!

All fillys please! And all spotted! (as long as I'm asking!)

Latest posts

Back