Foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indian*R*A*I*N*Dance

Reaction score
Im just curious who bred for 2011 and how many foals everyone is having. Do you want the filly fairy or a colt?
default_wub.png

we are afraid the filly fairy has exhausted herself here last year and may not be so kind to hang round again this year. 2010 presented us with 12 fillies and 5 colts. I'd love to see that ratio again this year - fingers crossed.

We expect 29 foals this year from Feb through June.

26 we bred here ourselves and three purchased bred.

Best wishes to all the farms for safe deiveries and healthy foals no matter the gender ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 3 due here in late summer. Excited to see what I get, all three of the mares are LWO+, both stallions are heterozygous for toby.

Two mares are maidens, one stallion is new as of last years breeding season.

Would love fillies, but just plain uneventful births and healthy foals are my main objectives.

WE DID, WE DID!! 
default_aktion033.gif

We are expecting three foals this year. . .

We have two bred by our AMHR 32.5' bay tobiano are an AMHR 31.25"  palomino tovero with one blue eye (red bag mare) and an AMHR black tovero with two blue eyes (maiden mare). Would love both of these to be visited by the filly fairy!!!

We have one bred by an outside stallion (we bought the mare bred) who is an AMHR 30.5" nonfading black visual frame + splash overo with two blue eyes and the mare is an AMHR 32.25" solid silver bay (experienced broodmare).  WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A FILLY OR A COLT FROM THIS CROSS AND I AM HOPING HE/SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE DAD!

I am crossing my fingers for all of them to be LOUD pintos with blue eyes - we shall see!!

I am wishing everyone a happy and safe foaling season!!!

I am thinking 5 but not all yet for sure..

Yep hope for fillies, but have a friend that wants a small colt, so one colt would be OK.

Safe foaling everyone, I believe my first should be in April, and who really knows.. Nature has a way of surprising us..

at times.
default_saludando.gif

We're anticipating my numbers to be around 15-20 this season. We don't ultrasound our mares any longer so that figure is speculative based on my observation of the mares exposed. We have some new crosses this season and we are really excited as always to see what we get!

Best wishes to everyone for a healthy foaling season....

4 on the way here! and I'm getting soooo anxious. Three are our old standbys that give us awesome babies year after year.

Buttons

buttonsLizheadsmall2.jpg

Red

RedHead.jpg

and Paradigm

10-10ReflectionsParadigmCBY%202.jpg

Then our first timer Oooh La La. We are SO excited to see what she and Skipper have in store for us. She is a Cowboy daughter.

willowfillyheadcrop.jpg

And colts or fillys don't matter here. Just healthy!
default_yes.gif

Charlotte

p.s. I hope everyone posts pictures of their new babies when they arrive!

Our mare Phoxy who's now been bubble wrapped and on 24/7 watch since Nov. couldn't control myself with this mare..she is bred for the first time to my fave guy Catman
default_rolleyes.gif
..she's due first week in June so already seems forever and ever waiting for her to have her colt at least l hope she's having a colt...or filly doesn't matter just healthy and beautiful like mom and dad..have 3 others due first of May to ColorCard love his foals always nice and another end of May to a Boogerman son..

We could have possibly 22 foals. Most of them are vet checked in foal, there are only a few that werent checked but look very pg and a couple iffy ones. We dont care if they are fillies or colts as much as just being alive and healthy with no problems! I would like at least a few fillies to keep back though! All our foal crosses for 2011 are on our foals page of our website, I wont post them all here, would take too many posts!
default_biggrin.png

We are hoping for 2 foals this year. One in March and the other around May. Didn't have them ultrasound, but by the looks of them they sure do look pregnant. Both mares are maiden mares. Don't mind what they bring (colt or filly) as long as its healthy and correct. Oh and we're expecting one Quarter horse foal. Hoping for a black filly on that one. That should be exciting!! Planning on breeding 6 mares for next year. All to our homozygous appaloosa stallion. Hope to get wild colors with lots and lots of spots.
default_new_shocked.gif
Of course conformation and disposition are our number one priority. Color is just an icing on the cake!!
default_yes.gif
Good luck to everyone this foaling season and wish everyone to have healthy babies.

6 mares look like they are "for sures" and 6 mares are "iffy".

I would like a colt from one of the mares that Dazzle has bred as he will be 19 this year and may like to retire. He still looks great though.

l would also like a tiny colt from our little leopard appie. We have not had a boy from him yet.

We pasture breed and only left the boys with the girls from mid March to Mid July. What we have until June 15th will be our season. Letting nature take it's course.

I have 7 of mine covered , 6 have definately taken - Ive felt them kicking , the 7th is a maiden mare so I wouldnt expect her to have much of a belly and the foal wouldnt be due until the end of may ,but I do think she has taken too
default_smile.png

Well, I believe we have around 15 to 17 foals coming this year! We are really excited as always to see what we get! I have some new crosses to kind of see how they turn out so it will be intereting. A nice mix of amhr/amha foals and some aspc/amhr foals as well. We expect a lot of babies by Buff to be buckskin or palamino like last year. Then well also have some colored up pintos as well from Legacy and Splendor Im thinking.

So colts or fillies? As long as they are really nice conformed I dont even mind a 50/50 mix of the sexes.

I think we will keep one this year as a future show horse too, I really dont care if its a colt or filly as long as its a good lookin one!!!

Estimate 10 foals now..........already had a late abortion.
default_sad.png
Our next one is due in a month and have a couple people waiting to see our babies.

I can't wait to see everyones foals! Some will be coming very soon it looks like!

I have 4 ultrasounded in foal but they won't arrive until April/May, I know I'll be glad I waited but it's so hard
default_sad.png

My sire: Establo Radiant My mares: Establo Rosarita, Sundance LB Pretty in Pink, RHR Charros Carina of Arenosa and Dakota San Juana

Four little Arenosa's running in the pasture--I can't wait!!!!!!!!! And I really don't care if they are colts or fillies!!!

www.noblebrookfarm.com

I have seventeen mares that were exposed, but not sure if all are preg or not. Some are definate, some iffy. Most due in April and May, a couple could be in March, and some stragglers in June and July. I dont really care if colts or fillies, as long as they are born okay and healthy! If I were to get my "dream foal" from certain crosses, it may be a keeper depending on if a colt or filly.

Just have one coming this year. Bred two mares but sold one..... I am sure hoping for the filly fairy but just want it to arrive safely and be healthy is all.

Just one! Bear Branch Painted Choctaw will reach the 300 day mark Feb 5. She was bred to my stallion TX TLC Dreamison Memphis Blues. Lot of wigglin going on in that belly just after meals. I think the foal will be small. Just hoping for an easy delivery and a healthy baby (preferably filly) but am most excited wondering color. Lots of possibilities. Choctaw is gray overo with crystal blue eyes and Memphis is a blue roan.

Fingers crossed we should have eleven foals.

BUT Charlotte, I have room for Button's here!
default_yes.gif

Fingers crossed here as well for 4 foals pasture bred all 4 starting April-August.

Latest posts

Back