foaling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SMART BUTT..as usual
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

if your talkin about me.... always haha!

Frosted, here is a website where I bought my cameras, they are a pretty good price and the place was easy to deal with. You can get either wired (distance depends on how much wire) or wireless (usually no more than 300 ft) Good luck with your mare, I hope you get that live healthy baby. Spyville You can also find them at large bulk stores like Sam's Club. I did find a small a few years ago that worked ok at Radio Shack.

And Mollys Run

yeah, my horses aren't quality AT ALL
this is why the kid always comes up, you tend to be a smartmouth if someone doesn't agree with you. You show no respect toward anyone and you prove that time and time again. As for your horses being quality, that remains to be seen, you haven't proven anything with them, and from your pictures, they are not what I would be breeding. Thats not a cut to your horses, but that is my opinion. And you might have "gotten the shot" for your mare, but you argued about it over and over again before you even did that. You want to be treated like an adult, then don't act like a spoiled kid who had her toy taken away, take advice they way its given to you and if your still asking questions about breeding, then who are you to give anyone advice on the subject.

Frosted, here is a website where I bought my cameras, they are a pretty good price and the place was easy to deal with. You can get either wired (distance depends on how much wire) or wireless (usually no more than 300 ft) Good luck with your mare, I hope you get that live healthy baby. Spyville You can also find them at large bulk stores like Sam's Club. I did find a small a few years ago that worked ok at Radio Shack.

And Mollys Run

this is why the kid always comes up, you tend to be a smartmouth if someone doesn't agree with you. You show no respect toward anyone and you prove that time and time again. As for your horses being quality, that remains to be seen, you haven't proven anything with them, and from your pictures, they are not what I would be breeding. Thats not a cut to your horses, but that is my opinion. And you might have "gotten the shot" for your mare, but you argued about it over and over again before you even did that. You want to be treated like an adult, then don't act like a spoiled kid who had her toy taken away, take advice they way its given to you and if your still asking questions about breeding, then who are you to give anyone advice on the subject.

i'm a smartmouth because i get bashed for E V E R Y T H I N G!!! and yea i have no respect for anyone on here because no one respects me. i remember my first few posts on here, i was bashed left and right and the old sayin "treat others the way you want to be treated" popped in my head so yeah. i figured this was how everyone responded to someone new who asked questions about breeding(or anything to do with it!) so sorry if i tried to "fit in" a little!

i argued over the shot because it went against my beliefs, i'm sorry that i believe in stuff, apparently you dont. i DO have a basic knowledge of breeding which is what i gave on this post. as for my horses my parents cant afford to spend millions on horses so i bought the best that they could afford. the farms i purchased my minis from has horses all over new england showing and breeding successfully, so your not insulting just me, your insulting the farms they came from. i dont act like a spoiled kid, i act like a kid thats sick of being chewed up and spit out!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to add that in addition to my barn camera I use the Mother's Nature milk test strips. I have found them very reliable. When they say the mare will go in 12-24 hours she usually does and if she doesn't it's always been within 30 hours. I call in sick when the strips say my mare is ready. I'd rather miss a days work than miss a foaling. I've only foaled out 5 foals so far, but 3 of the 5 needed help or either the mare or foal would not have made it. I haven't missed one yet but never say never. Mares are sneaky beggers and they dont always play by the rules. I hope number 3 is a lucky one for you.

amanda

I just wanted to add that in addition to my barn camera I use the Mother's Nature milk test strips. I have found them very reliable. When they say the mare will go in 12-24 hours she usually does and if she doesn't it's always been within 30 hours. I call in sick when the strips say my mare is ready. I'd rather miss a days work than miss a foaling. I've only foaled out 5 foals so far, but 3 of the 5 needed help or either the mare or foal would not have made it. I haven't missed one yet but never say never. Mares are sneaky beggers and they dont always play by the rules. I hope number 3 is a lucky one for you.

amanda
Thanks amanda, where do you get the strips from?

what product did you find worked best out of spyville?

i'm a smartmouth because i get bashed for E V E R Y T H I N G!!! and yea i have no respect for anyone on here because no one respects me. i remember my first few posts on here, i was bashed left and right and the old sayin "treat others the way you want to be treated" popped in my head so yeah. i figured this was how everyone responded to someone new who asked questions about breeding(or anything to do with it!) so sorry if i tried to "fit in" a little!

i argued over the shot because it went against my beliefs, i'm sorry that i believe in stuff, apparently you dont. i DO have a basic knowledge of breeding which is what i gave on this post. as for my horses my parents cant afford to spend millions on horses so i bought the best that they could afford. the farms i purchased my minis from has horses all over new england showing and breeding successfully, so your not insulting just me, your insulting the farms they came from. i dont act like a spoiled kid, i act like a kid thats sick of being chewed up and spit out!!!
I think you are one of the most obnoxious 15 year old I have had the displeasure of seeing on a forum, you have no respect for age, knowledge or experience.

I am old enough to be your grandmother and having been in horses all my life am still learning, especially from the experienced mini people on this forum for whom I have a lot of respect.

If you are an example of 15 year olds in the US then I am very glad that I live the otherside of the pond.

For goodness sake grow up, listen to your elders and betters and remember that at 15 you have just a smidgen of valid experience, especially the short time you have been in mini's.

A good old fashioned british saying is "one swallow does not a summer make!!" In other words wait until you have full knowledge of your subject before trying to advise others.

Like some others on here I shall now have the pleasure of putting you on my blocked list, enough is enough.

I think you are one of the most obnoxious 15 year old I have had the displeasure of seeing on a forum, you have no respect for age, knowledge or experience.

I am old enough to be your grandmother and having been in horses all my life am still learning, especially from the experienced mini people on this forum for whom I have a lot of respect.

If you are an example of 15 year olds in the US then I am very glad that I live the otherside of the pond.

For goodness sake grow up, listen to your elders and betters and remember that at 15 you have just a smidgen of valid experience, especially the short time you have been in mini's.

A good old fashioned british saying is "one swallow does not a summer make!!" In other words wait until you have full knowledge of your subject before trying to advise others.

Like some others on here I shall now have the pleasure of putting you on my blocked list, enough is enough.
the only "elders" i know are abusive and dont give a crap about anything other than themselves. were i live, yeah this is how most kids my age act(at least in my school) and i'm not the worst! maybe i would take advice if people wouldnt bash me left and right! just because i'm a kid doesnt mean i'm gonna take crap from adults(or anyone!)

she got the shots she needed and is no longer pregnant. unlike frosted i will be prepared for my mares 2012 foal. i'm sorry that i let him sniff my mares noses for two seconds to say hi and have a bite of hay because apparently he can breed their heads. i'm going to breed ONE foal, how many have you bred?

btw it WAS an accident and my mare wont have her baby for 2 more years so excuse me for wanting to have info on foaling before she has it. how DARE me!
rolleyes.gif

I'm sorry, but I have to say something here. You do NOT know frosted, so you can't say she wasn't prepared. She was asking a question to see how to BETTER prepare herself for her last foal. Why do you act like this? Do you not know common curtisy? If you did not notice frosted VERY calmly replied to your "know-it-all" response. I don't know you, or what's going on in your life, but it still gives you no right to go out and disrespect people who you have nothing against.

I'm sorry, but I have to say something here. You do NOT know frosted, so you can't say she wasn't prepared. She was asking a question to see how to BETTER prepare herself for her last foal. Why do you act like this? Do you not know common curtisy? If you did not notice frosted VERY calmly replied to your "know-it-all" response. I don't know you, or what's going on in your life, but it still gives you no right to go out and disrespect people who you have nothing against.

i "act like this" because i'm sick of being bullied- on and off the internet. were i come from there is no "common courtisy" either you defent yourself or your life stinks. what about when i get bashed left and right? people dont know ME and yet i get torn apart.

i "act like this" because i'm sick of being bullied- on and off the internet. were i come from there is no "common courtisy" either you defent yourself or your life stinks. what about when i get bashed left and right? people dont know ME and yet i get torn apart.

But you know what common curtisy is don't you? Then show it. It doesn't matter if people are being rude to you and being mean to you, don't EVER stoop down to someone else's level. You be the best and kindest person you can be and one day it will all be returned to you. It may not be soon, but you have to remember that. Don't follow others. If people on here "disrespect" you, then respect them anyways. Life isn't fair, but you can't let that get in your way of being a wonderful and decent person...no matter what area or place you live in.

in your post you sounded clueless so i'm sorry that i'm not a mindreader.
So very rude...

MRM - just when it seems that you are getting more responsible - you go off on someone like that - and crowing about 10 years "experience" with minis. You were not breeding them or foaling them out at five - or anytime at all until maybe next year -so perhaps you should ease off on the bragging....and practice some of that common courtesy.

And bragging about the grandparents of your horses means nothing... you can breed the best to the best and get... average or worse. It happens all the time. Looking further back than the immediate sire and dam can be pointless...

frosted - we have Swann cameras and the buzzers as well. Yes, some mares do lay out flat and trigger the alarm but then you can check them and see if they are just snoozing or actually going into labour. And some mares may foal standing up - not common but it has happened here! Before I had any of that I used to check every half an hour.

And contrary to what MRM said, mini foals can and do get out of the sac most of the time - it is those few times that it does not happen that result in tragedy.

It also helps to know foal CPR - I have brought back many babies that were pale and lifeless - and were not trapped in the sac or had any obvious reasons for failing to take a breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so very sorry you lost your two foals - it happens to the best of us, even with the most modern of 'watching' equipment. These mini mares can be very sneaky, but unfortunately a lot of them also require assistance to foal for some reson or another.

We have had 13 foals this year and only missed one - sneaky mare foaled mid morning out in the field between our 20 minute checks! By the time the 13th was due we were getting a little worried, as with 13 to foal we were sure the law of averages would mean that we would lose at least one - plus she was number 13! She foaled a week ago and we were spying on her from the end of our barn, waiting for her to 'get down to business' so we could go and pounce on her LOL!! Eventually she started pushing and a foot appeared, then a second foot, but the little mare was up and down changing position like a yo-yo, with us following her round the stable! Then we glimpsed a nose coming and it looked as though the foal was coming sideways. The mare was still up and down as though trying to straighten the foal out. Suddenly we could see that in fact the second leg was actually coming over the top of the foal's head behind its ears, and this was making it appear that the foal was laying sideways. Thank goodness we had waited until everything at least looked in the right position before we tried to help the foal out. We flipped his leg back over his head, the head straightened immediately and out he popped!! This will be his Momma's last foal, she is a tiny elderly lady, an experienced brood mare, and she knew that foal needed straightening, which is why she was up and down so much, bless her. Sometimes it pays to listen to what your experienced mares are trying to tell you! And yes, she would probably have managed to birth the foal herself in the end, but would have been much more exhausted by the end of it, so I'm so pleased we were there - all the other foals she has had for us we have missed - she's a very sneaky independent lady LOL!!

But we would have been lost this year without cameras in the barn, but any halter alarms would have been a nightmare as every one of our mares laid flat out to sleep at night for at least two weeks before they foaled!

Good luck with your last mare!

Anna

So very rude...

MRM - just when it seems that you are getting more responsible - you go off on someone like that - and crowing about 10 years "experience" with minis. You were not breeding them or foaling them out at five - or anytime at all until maybe next year -so perhaps you should ease off on the bragging....and practice some of that common courtesy.

And bragging about the grandparents of your horses means nothing... you can breed the best to the best and get... average or worse. It happens all the time. Looking further back than the immediate sire and dam can be pointless...

whatever. idc anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back