Foaling is right around the corner

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_smile.png
default_yes.gif

Connie, I cant wait to see those babies by Feather. He is so stunning.

I cant wait to see everyones babies. Our first will be here come January.

Marlene, Yeah I hope they are as patient as last year. At least this year will be a little easier having the camera system. OH YES THE AIR MATTRESS...................... THAT IS ON MY WALMART SHOPPING LIST!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO.

Oh and with us finding out tomorrow who is bred and who is not, will be helpful also. We wont have ones up that we are unsure if they are bred or not.

IM STILL VERY ANIXOUS! I WANT MORE COLOR THIS YEAR! HEE HEE

Thank you Holly!
default_smile.png
I have several people waiting for Feather's babies. We shall see what we get. SOOO excited. Love my Izon too and he produces some beauties! I hope he gives me some girls next year. Would love some fillies! (although I do LOVE LOVE LOVE my colts)!

Most of my foals will be due in April, but Im already anxious! Im expecting seven foals from my leopard stallion, I was very impressed with his two foals this year (first foal crop)so Im anxious to see what he does this coming year. Hopefully more leggy, correct, refined appaloosas! Im expecting seven foals from my little frame/splash stallion, this will be his first crop and hoping for some small loud babies from him. And also three foals from my 30" cremello Buckeroo son, so hoping for some little foals with the Buckeroo look, and of course a cream gene with those!! Its hard to wait til spring!
default_impatient.jpg

I AM I AM!!!! I have one ( I hope!!!) The mare is by our Pharaoh son and the sire is Oak Bay Salsamio!! Have loved boy Caliente and Amigo in the show ring,,, so hope for a nice show colt!!! I have to wait until mid June.

I wouldn't mind seeing that baby myself = ) Should be interesting.

Very Excited This will be the first foals ever!! I am expecting 2 in the spring!!!
default_rolleyes.gif

Ok excited doesn't begin to cover it for me lol. We are hopefully expecting my favorite guy Bare's first two foals ever. Also one by our Sky and we should be going to pick up two mares in foal today so that's five. Very excited. Also already curious to see 2012 foals lol. We have a new stallion and so I want to see what he will throw when bred to a couple of our mares. Also I really want more Bare babies lol Two won't be enough

Fun to read this as I have been spending my time thinking about the 2011 breeding crosses while awaiting my 2011 foals!

In the winter I plan the upcoming season's breedings, and I have been engroused in coat color calculations etc deciding which mare to put with what stallion in 2011.

This thread got me thinking about the decisions I made in 2010 that will become my 2011 foals!

Foaling season is always a mix of emotions for me! Excitement...waiting to see what the new foals look like! Anxiety....worried about all the bad things that can happen and trying to be prepared for all! Happiness and joy when all goes well and you have a beautiful new foal.
default_smile.png
I have 3 exposed. One maiden mare that I felt baby kicks on already and is the first due early March....so more than a bit nervous about her. Another mare is the first time cross with my stallion so it's always fun to see what they produce, also due in March. I'm hoping Dancer is in foal, she has always given me beautiful foals...but such a trickster that I've only been present at one of her foalings! She's not due until late April.

After losing my little miss "Rain" this past April 24th, I immediately started planning my 2011 foals. She was my first miniature horse foal born here on the farm, and a first by both my maiden mare and stallion. Losing her was hard, but she gave me hope and excitement for 2011.

I have one maiden mare, one red-bag mare (mare who lost her first filly, Rain to a red bag) and two experienced broodmares up to foal this year. Three are by my stallion "Josiah One" aka Sampson a 2005 bay tobiano stallion and my newest mare is due by a beautiful outside stallion. 

Just finished the foaling barn with four foaling stalls today and can't wait to see foals in them!

We have 7 mares here to foal which 2 of them are appaloosa bred.

I did sell one appaloosa bred mare today so now we are down to 1 appaloosa mare and 5 other bred mares here. Most of the bred mares are dual ASPC/AMHR's and I bought a ASPC/AMHR bred mare recently so that will be a great addition either way on the foal. There are some new crosses coming so that will be the exciting part for 2011 and they will be in the ASPC and AMHR Futurity too.
default_aktion033.gif

I am definitely excited for next year's foals!!! We have lots of new crosses plus some that produced excellent foals this year. We are expecting our first two foals by my pintaloosa driving stallion, the last foal for my show stallion since he is now my show gelding, one foal by our tiny blk pinto stallion and a daughter of our Echo son for her first foal, and of course we have foals coming by our Double Destiny and Buck Echo sons. I bred one of my show mares to an outside stallion that is a son of Komokos Little King Supreme and I also bought a bunch of new mares bred to outside stallions, most of them appy. So hopefully we will have a very spotty spring starting in March. And I too have been planning my breedings for 2011 while I wait very impatiently! I cant wait to see everyone else's foals too, those are my favorite posts to watch for :-D

Hi I am new to the Forum and not sure if I got my avatar up or not (pic of Rad)----but I have 4 out of the 5 mares bred confirmed in foal to my boy Rad (Establo Radiant) Have to wait until April/May to see them but I am getting excited already. Looks like there will be alot of nice babies next yr!

I am anxious but not expecting any of my own this year. Can't wait to see everyone elses!!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like some pretty awesome babies have been planned for all across the country - it's always so exciting to watch the posts/announcements and see the little miracles as they arrive all over the different farms.

Wishing everyone a safe and trouble-free foaling season this year - and remember, you can NOT hog the filly fairy! She has to make each stop along the way so don't be too selfish - we want to see her too.

Last year we had 12 fillies out of 17 foals ........ knock on wood we keep the same winning streak LOL

Good luck everyone
saludando.gif

default_new_multi.gif
I am so excited!!!

One of my books on my winter reading list is The Complete Foaling Manual, a re-read.

Lexus tested a strong positive on day 130 using WeeFoal120 and WeeFoal38 (at day 58). I can't wait to meet this filly or colt. She is bred to Linda Reinders' cremello stallion, Triple K's Double Your Destiny. Planning on this one to be a keeper
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We have had a strange breeding year this year with mares. Their in then their out
wacko.gif
My hope is that there will be 2 Fiesta foals for 2011 and then I will be retiring Poppy to leisure life. I am hoping for a colt from either of my mares that is bred to him. Then I have a couple bred (fingers crossed) to Atlantis , our 2009 top 5 stallion. This will be his first foal crop in 2011. One of the mares is sold to a good friend Cathy and I am wishing her a filly
yes.gif
I am hoping for that beautiful BOND head to show up on these foals from Atlantis
wub.gif

This year we bred two new stallions - Merlin and OC - our 2nd and 3rd Buckeroo sons.

While I was excited of course, I"m even more anxious for OCs babies as I continue to find more of his sons winning in the ring - and found couple of his fillies too. We planned his mares very carefully even before I found his successful (and beautiful) offspring so I am more anxious now hoping he'll produce the same quality foals with our selective mares.

Merlin not only bred our mares but we studded to an outside mare and she was confirmed in foal from their first hand-breed date.

We've got some repeat breeds with Electro, Bonus and Bailey as well.

We ultrasounded this past Sunday and Holly and I have our work cut out for us this spring from February to June ................... oh gosh! Hope my employers now what's in store around here!

We're just as anxious for spring '11 breedings as we introduce our Billy Idol son to a few mares and hopefully have a new outcross stallion here by then.

We are very excited about 2011 foaling season. We are expecting 3 from our new appy stallion and hoping for lots of spots.

Good luck to everyone and hope they have a very good foaling season.

We are very anxiously awaiting our first full foal crop by Thumper! His first 2 foals - fillies ! - were beautiful and we can't wait to see what the new ones will be. We have a Top Cat daughter, Rhoten's Little Dandy Daughter, a BOB, BTU, and few others. This should be a great group!

IMAG010.JPG
Daddy to be - ERL Zeus Lightning Bolt

Praying everyone has a safe and successful foaling season!

Latest posts

Back