Foaling contest!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
Thought this would be fun! Take a guess on the due date, color, pattern and sex of the foals from our girls.. Send them in before March 1st, I'll keep track of them and then as the foals arrive I'll determine the 'winners.' The "Winners" (whoever guesses closest to right foaling date/sex/color/pattern for each foal) I'll put together a collage of your favorite pictures.
default_smile.png

This is the sire:

sire to all the foals is On The Rise Farm Sky Eyes Eagle, a black based varnish near leopard overo/appaloosa (OLWS Neg), bald face and 2 ice blue eyes!

DSCI0003-2.jpg

And the gals:

First mare is Hunt House Farms Chantilly Lace (Lexi).. She's registered as a gray pintaloosa but a few here think she may be silver dapple.. Her 330 due date is May 2nd.. I do not have any foaling history on her, but she is an older mare who has had several foals, this will be our first out of her.. I know of 6 foals and all have been pinto marked with the exception of one filly who was a loud leopard appaloosa (sired by a solid black)

100_0976.jpg

The second mare is Dancing Legs (Tango), a black pinto with one full blue eye and one partial.. All of the foals that I know of have been pinto marked.. Her last 4 foals have been fillies (so I'm sure we're due for a colt! LOL) I do not have foaling history on her either and this will be our first out of her. Her 330 due date is May 8th

100_0960.jpg

Next is Luck's Little Miss Sweet Tart (Sweetie) a bay pinto mare. This will be her third foal (second for us) Her first foal was a solid bay filly and last year she gave us Chili, a solid bay colt (who is now a gelding and back home with us!) Chili was delivered on day 333.. Her 330 due date is May 20th

100_0693.jpg

Next is Daisy, a solid black/bay mare who is pintaloosa bred (sire was pinto, dam is appaloosa) She's had 3 pinto foals and two solid foals (she's the dam of Sweetie above ) Last year she gave us Rosie, a solid bay filly on 318 days.. Her 330 due date is June 13th

103_0218.jpg

And last but not least is Iles Little Lacey, grulla varnish snowcap.. All of her foals to date have been snowcap/fewspots/pintaloosa.. She's had 2 foals for us, both colts, Axel at 345 days and Vader last year at 352 days. (sooo hoping for a filly this year!) Her 330 due date is June 15th

102_0973.jpg

This Sounds like Fun
default_smile.png

Here's Mare # 1

Jazz is due April 7 (330 days) but I am guessing she will Go Early since she is HUGE!!!

maybe April First
default_smile.png
She is also a Maiden so I have no idea what her habbits are lol

jazz2008rightsideinfoal270days.JPG

as for Color I Know it will be a Palomino Pinto
default_rolleyes.gif

Jazz is a Sorrel (ee/aa) thats Homozygous for Tobiano (T/T)

and she is bred to a Cremello (ee/Aa * Cre/Cre)

[SIZE=12pt]Sire's Pic[/SIZE]

and then there is the matter of gender lol I have no clue but I would LOVE a Filly
default_wub.png

Then there's Mare # 2

Shiloh is Due June 13 (also 330 days) I am guessing she will make it or pass her due date

smshiloh.jpg

as for Color I am guessing Bay Pinto
default_smile.png

Shiloh is Homozygous for Both Black & Agouti

+ She is a Tobiano

& She is bred to a Black Tobiano

[SIZE=12pt]Sire's Pic[/SIZE]

whom Reminds me a Gypsy Cob
default_wub.png

I am going to guess Colt since I LOVE the little Boogers and I can't keep it anyways lol

Hehe, I meant for you to give me a guess on our girls, I'll keep track of your guesses and then whoever is closest to date/color/sex etc I'll put a collage together of your photos.. Come on guys/gals, won't take long to put a guess in!!

PaintNminis

For your two I say:

April 1st, palomino minimal pinto filly

and

June 18th, bay pinto colt

what colors foals has the sire has so far?what sex of foals has he had so far?

what colors foals has the sire has so far?what sex of foals has he had so far?
So far Sky has produced a silver dapple snowflake colt, a bay varnish snowcap filly, a black solid (possibly sabino) colt and last year's black snowcap colt out of our mare Lacey..

Lucky c,

do we post our guess here or pm you?can my children guess as well?

thanks

I am sure you will have some nice colorful foals
default_wub.png

Thanks to those who've sent guesses via pm!! I've added your guesses to my sheet! Feel free to post guesses here or send them through pm!

Oops (laughing) :DOH!
default_whistling.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Okay Lets see for your girls
default_smile.png

Lacey - Grulla Appaloosa FILLY

Daisy - Bay Appaloosa FILLY

Sweetie - Bay Pinto FILLY

Tango - Black Pintaloosa COLT

Lexi - Silver Dapple Pintaloosa COLT

Oops (laughing)
Okay Lets see for your girls

Lacey - Grulla Appaloosa FILLY

Daisy - Bay Appaloosa FILLY

Sweetie - Bay Pinto FILLY

Tango - Black Pintaloosa COLT

Lexi - Silver Dapple Pintaloosa COLT
Hehe got a chuckle from yours since you guessed the sexes exactly like the "nail test" says they will be
default_biggrin.png
I'll add your guesses, but I need the dates you think they'll foal too!
default_yes.gif

we are working one ours.
Will be watching for yours!

Okay I am going to give it my best shot.

Lexi

black appy colt

born april 23

Tango

black pintaloosa filly

born may 3

sweetie

bay pintaloosa filly

born may 30

daisy

bay appy filly

may 26

lacey

grulla snowcap appy filly

born july 1

what happen if we get one right and the others wrong?

what happen if we get one right and the others wrong?
There will be a winner for each foal and the winner will be whoever's guesses are the closest to the actual result.. In case there are two guesses that are similar (say everything was the same except sex, one said colt, one said filly) whoever guessed the right sex would win.. If there are two identical correct guesses then each will 'win' a collage since there would be no way for a tie-breaker.. When it come down to deciding the winner I will look first at the dates to see who guessed the closest to the dates, then sex, color, and pattern.

here are Ashley's guesses for your horses.
LEX grey pintoaloosa filly 1 blue eye born may 4th

TANGO-two blued black overo pinto colt born may 7th

Sweetie-bay pinto filly with brown eyes born may 24th

Daisy-black pinto colt with brown eyes born june 6th

GRULLA MARE-black snowcap filly born june 19th

take

care

melissa
Added!

Thanks Lucky C.

I don't know what was up with my computer it wouldn't let me post earilier.

we can't wait to see the foals to see who is right.

post others guess so we can see what they are as well.

take care

Latest posts

Back