Foaling Cameras

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Horse Lover

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I plan on breeding soon here! But where do you get your foaling cameras at? I've been doing internet research but thought I would ask you guys here!

Thanks!

i got mine here

http://www.cctvimports.com/bullet-cameras-color-bullet-cameras-c-3_106_278/tc22-sharp-had-color-ccd-weatherproof-bullet-camera-p-448

i love it! we are ordering 6 more when we get the rest of our barn up!!
default_smile.png

I got my camera at:

http://www.buy.com/prod/swann-sw211-dsc-diy-security-camera-color-cable-swann-sw211-dsc-diy/q/loc/111/205613391.html

It works great the only thing is it is a cord camera and I had to get 100ft cord to reach my bedroom but I also live in our camper when foaling season gets going good and it's only about 15ft away from the foaling barn. WORKS GREAT and was very cheap but not cheaply made! Only down side is theres no nightvision so you have to have the lights on in the barn to see.

For earliert this year, I didn't have a true "foal alarm" but I had a partner who helps me watch mares on 2 hour rotations. I watch for two hours while he sleeps and he watches for two hours while I sleep. During the day there was always someone watching. I thought that foaling season was over but I got a new mare who is due earliest in July so therefore I have decided to go ahead and add MareStare to the equation for when I am not home or can't watch during a specific time.
aktion033.gif

Radio Shack. Wireless.Our barn is about 300 ft. away. Works great and quite inexpensive.

I tried the foal buzzer yrs ago, but my mares seem to lay out flat ALOT, so that didn't work! The horses are brought in daily, so I just keep track of their due dates and check udders, etc.and this gives me a good idea when they are getting super close to foaling. During foaling season, I keep the monitor in the hall so I can see it from bed, w/o getting up.

What is the camera called from Radio Shack? And yes I have heard of mares that just lay down all the time so the alarms don't work!

Mine is actually Radio Shack brand.It comes with a camera and 5.5" monitor. I bought 2 sets.Four years ago they ran $99. I honestly don't think they carry them anymore. Nowadays you buy the camera and a transmitter and use a TV or PC monitor.

I have a friend that bought one of these (also at Radio Shack),I believe it is Swann brand or something close to that, and she is very happy with it.I think they run about $149,but you get 2 cameras.

Good luck
default_biggrin.png

I got my camera at harbor freight. It is a color camera with sound and night vision. My only problem with it is that I haven't been able to find more cable for it. I want to put it into my two stalls that are further away from the house.

We have recently purchased several of these cameras and I love them. close out cctv. The infrared is so good that your barn can be totally dark and you can still see your horse very well. I installed these at my vets office..in her clinic stalls and her surgical recovery room. She loves them.

Bought ours at Sam's, two monitors, 12 camera's for about 300.00. Works great, they call them security cameras. We did have to buy additional cable to wire it into Jose's house and then into our house.
default_wink.png

I got mine at Radio Shack too. I think they were Radio Shack brand. I can't find them on their website but can usually walk in the store and find one. I don't bother with the ones that claim to see in the dark. I just leave the lights on. I have a 15" computer monitor I watch it on. I also have an old 13" tv that I use to watch another camera pointed at my driveway.

The "alarm system" I use is Mare Stare callers and testing the pH of the milk. The pH is such a good indicator that I just stay home when it reaches the lowest pH.

Latest posts

Back