Foaling Cam Online Servers/Hosts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintedMeadows

Reaction score
I am thinking of going online with my foaling camera but am wondering what are people's experiences with Wefoal, Marestare and Marewatchers? How were the costs? Support? Set-up fees? Anything you would like to share would be great!!

I love using wefoal. It is so helpful to have all those extra eyes watching. None of us can be there every minute but using wefoal or marestare increases the odds that someone will see a mare starting to foal. It works so well because everyone is on a different time zone.

Monthly fee is 20.00 or sometimes its cheaper if you sign up for a whole year etc

Dazzle costs about 50-60.00 and this is the video capture unit that makes it show up on the net

marestare or wefoal will send you free software

and then of course you need a camera
default_smile.png

Kay

We use marestare, and Heather is just awesome! She is great hooking up and fixing my messes, this year she even got it me on where I can watch from my computer woohoo!!!

Fees, I know they changed this year but not for sure what to, I got an email on it but I cant remember what it was.

We use WeFoal. I looked at both last year and felt that Mare Stare had so many clients I would just get lost.

I was happier with a smaller group.

The foaling additional calendar and alerts have been a great help this year.

We have been satisfied. Four mares are on camera now.

If you are just wanting to watch via the internet for you and a few people , you can do that for free with an IP cam . The camera is about 125-150 and ithas the software to set it up.

Description

The IP Camera IC202w is designed with the "user-friendly" idea deep in mind. The user can install the IP Camera IC202w easily on his/her home network and then access the IP Camera anywhere in the world through the accompanied video management software-CamView without setting some complicated DNS name or changing the router's settings. It's just a plug & play action.

With 3GPP/ISMA support, users can see the video of the IP camera on any 3G mobile phone anywhere, anytime.

For indoor surveillance and remote monitoring, the IP Camera IC202w provides the best image quality in its class, and excellent performance. The IP Camera IC202w also provides the best bandwidth efficiency, it offers 640x480 resolution, 30 fps frame rate, real MPEG4 image compression ability. The built-in microphone enables remote users to not only view, but also listen for additional monitoring options.

Of course, with the built-in Web server, the IP Camera IC202ws can also be managed from a standard web browser on a Windows computer. With the ActiveX support, users can also see the video display on the Windows IE browser.

The IP Camera IC202w provides both wireless IEEE 802.11 b/g and wired Ethernet network interfaces for flexible installation. It supports the WEP and WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) security modes to provide the best security for wireless networks.

The IP Camera IC202w provides motion detection function. Users can easily setup this function and receive the notification with the snapshot images through email and/or ftp when some motion events are detected.

The IP Camera IC202w is ideal for securing small businesses, home offices and residences over a local area network and/or the Internet.

Thanks for all of the help folks!! Hubby informed me that his kick butt computer that has a media center set up also has a video capture card so he is currently trying to get that going and then I will think about going onto the net. Do you get all kinds of people calling you and judging you about how you do things? I have a run-in shelter that we rig into a stall for foaling season so not a big spanky barn with wonderful stalls. Just wondering how people have found being online?

Please know all computers have a video card but that is not the same as a video capture DEVICE. If you dont want to view on the net you dont need the dazzle but if you want it live on the net you have to get one. The video capture device is what takes the pic from your camera and feeds it into the computer

This is our 3rd year and we have maybe had 3 people make an odd comment or tell us we should do whatever. The good far outweighs the bad!

Yup, I know, hubby is a computer guy. tee hee. We got it working on his computer last night and then I got it onto my laptop from there but there were some issues doing it that way. Might have to get my own video capture card. Our tv and dvd player are run through his media center computer so couldn't watch tv and stuff with it on his computer. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Not sure what I am going to do. My mare is moving along slowly so I think I have a week to decide before we get down to crunch time.

Back