Fly masks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BFS_Simon_Says

Reaction score
I'm trying to prepare myself for the coming fly season (it's on it's way I know it is, it has to be here soon, I can't stand this cold weather anymore) and I found out last year, Spirit and the flies don't get along. Needless to say I'm going to need a fly mask in a bad way this year, last year he had so many infections in his ears because the flies were chewing his ears right up. But where do I find one? Everything that I see has no ears on it, which defeats the purpose of me having one. So the question is, where does everyone get their fly gear?

I have these for wearing in the trailer to keep flying debris out of their eyes. I use hay bags and for some reason my stallion ends up with eye irritation probably from the little leaf pieces of the alfalfa. Don't know how well they would hold up to tussles with other horses in the field. Schneider's tack mini fly mask

Sandee, thanks for the link to the Schneiders' mini lycra fly masks! First I've seen like that; bet they'd work VERY well for the way you said you use them(in the trailer); however, my experience w/ lycra on the head is that they will rub, rub, rub it-so you may be right-this fly mask might not hold up well to turnout or group wear... that said, it might be worth a try, at the sale price!

Margo

I use fly masks on mine. But I do have a gelding that will tear it off within minutes. I've been seeing some stuff that you put in their feed. Its suppose to keep the flies away. Can't think of the name. I'll have to research it and post it. That may be another option to try. Then you don't have to deal with taking the mask on and off or having them ruin it.

These came from either Ozark or Star Lake Tack - I can't remember which. They stay on most of the time......

P1010216.jpg

Latest posts

Back