Florida Farms Tornado ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacharyfarms

Reaction score
I just heard on a news alert that there was a killer tornado that just hit Florida. How are our mini farm friends in Florida?.good grief just another quirky change in weather..Isn't this odd for this time of the year? Our horses just need it to quit changing so drastically.

Judy,

I just heard that same thing and was wondering the same thing!

Susan O.

All the really bad stuff happened between Lady Lake and Deland. That is a direct West to East path in Central Florida if anyone wants to look it up on the map. It started about directly East of where I am (I am 8 miles off the Gulf of Mexico in Brooksville.....north of Tampa) in the early morning hours, although it had been very warm and windy all day long. Very early this morning the wind was really strong and the rain was coming down in sheets. I don't think I have ever seen it rain that hard and I have been down here for 35 years. Beat any hurricane I have been through. All is well here and the farms I have spoken with in the Ocala area, but can't say much about anyone else.

Gov. Charlie Crist declared a state of emergency in four counties - Lake, Volusia, Sumter and Seminole, all north of Orlando - but the worst damage and initial reports of deaths were reported along a line where at least one tornado touched down in northern Lake County and eastern Volusia County.
Sumter County is directly East of Hernando County. Hernando is where RobinC and I live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my...how scary! Thank goodness you and your are OK! I hope all of our forum members weathered as well!
default_pray.gif
:

Latest posts

Back