Flames due early September :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks AnnaC but I gave up on trying to catch her wee last night lol I'm just going to wait for the vet to come out this afternoon it's only 8am here atm so I still have a little waiting to do:) I'll post the outcome on here as soon as I know.

Thank you for all your advice, talk to u soon
default_smile.png

Pregnant or not, check her topside for weight issues not the belly. A starved malnourished animal can have a big belly and sometimes a rather trim looking mare can be in foal. Your mare looks healthy and pregnant to me. I really believe being able to exercise and staying fit helps with foaling. Just don't be tempted to overfeed because she is pregnant. She might just have an all business personality as horses are as different as people in my opinion when it comes to her standoffishness. I'm in the same boat you are as I bought a mare pregnant and do not know the due date. Just stack the deck for success in advance. I would keep a birthing kit in your car, because you don't want to be caught by surprise and vets' seldom are available fast enough to help with a red bag delivery. My guess for your mare would be nine months along. Obstetricians are often off by weeks with people even after having sonograms so I would not rely on estimates and just be ready now. It would be not practical to do a birth watch for possibly months,so I would plan on letting her have a natural birth and make her enclosure foaling friendly as possible. Look for hills/gaps in the fence the foal could roll under and any sharp rubble that could hurt the mare or catch her up while she is struggling.

Thanks Violet, I'm just going to wait to see what the vet has to say and then I'll take it from there, I will post the results as soon as I know. Not long now.....today has gone 4 Eva
default_smile.png

Belly pics from today

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi all, how do i move this post over to marestare?

default_smile.png
It's been confirmed she's about 5 months along give or take, the vet also said she looks more like a 3 to 4 year old too, she's in fantastic health, I'm soooo excited! I hope all goes well with them both.
default_smile.png

Great news!! Just post here a request to be moved and it will happen! May take a day or two - looking forward to seeing you over there.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Or just post that you are moving over, and come across yourself and start a new thread.

See you on the MareStare board. I thought she was pregnant and I'm so glad she's older than you thought.

Welcome here Sue and Flame!! I had a feeling (hoping too!) that your vet would class her as a bit older than 2 which is great news. And yes she does look to be in good health.
default_yes.gif

Was his estimate of around 5 months pregnant a guess or did he base it on something else - from her size, as a maiden mare, she does look a litte further along than that to me - will see what the others think, but at least this would mean that she would in your Spring (being you are in Aussieland) which would be better for her and the foal than having a winter birth.

I dont suppose he suggested any changes in her diet at this stage, but did he give you any info on vacinations needed or a worming programme for her?

I'm so excited for you and am really looking forward to seeing what she produces when the time comes. Meanwhile do join in with the other threads here and help us watch and support others as these special babies arrive.

I would think more than 5 months also, and it's great news about her age!

Can you find out if she had any vaccinations before, and what her prior 'schedule' was? Have you put her on your normal worming schedule?

So many questions, and we're all excited that you're both here!

Welcome to the Nutty nursery Sue ,

All your questions will be answered here from the wonderful members on here.

Go nuts on reading the pinned threads on here, some great information.

You have my number , and Im only an hour from you if you need anything

default_thumbup.gif

This is the report from the vet, she actually thought that she would be further along too

But when she felt the foals foot she seems to think 4 - 5 months but going on my dates more like 5 months

I'll try and find out the actual date of when the deed was done but I'll have to wait till next week.

image.jpg

This is Flame apparently at 9 months??? So she looks stocky here too

It might just be her build, sorry not a very good photo but it's the only one I have while she's young
default_sad.png

I don't even know what she looked like as a foal
default_sad.png
I do know who the apparent stallion is of her foal

But I can't put the pic up because I haven't got the permission yet but I'll try... He's black and white good looking stallion
default_smile.png

image.jpg

See if you can get permission Cause I know Diane will want to see him
default_thumbup.gif

How is she today? is Astro enjoying not being attacked ?

Lol he's happy and she's seems to be doing great! I might be able to private msg some people the picture of him if that's allowed? If anyone is interested?

Private messaging is allowed, and I'd be happy to see a picture of daddy!

Hi, I'll check with his owner first, I feel like I'm going behind her back
default_sad.png

And that doesn't sit right with me sorry
default_smile.png

Checking with the owner is just fine, and certainly preferred. If s/he gives permission to show his picture, you can post it here on this thread. We just don't want you to post pictures here on the thread without the owner's permission. So, hopefully, the owner will be proud to show her boy, and we can all see what the future daddy is bringing to the table in color! LOL

Back