Flames due early September :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know much about her back ground ? Had she been handled a lot before you got her ? Where abouts are you located ? Any other horsey friends you know of. Try not to stress maybe shes just expecting to be fed when you go and see her.

By the looks of her paddock she has HEAPS of feed in there . Mine are on a lot less grass than that and only on grain because she is about to drop a foal (I hope)

2 acres is quite a big paddock , does she have friends in with her ?

I do know a bit I can't really say to much on here other than she came from victoria as well and that she was around 25 other minis I paid $850 for her, she was handled as far as I've been told, the lady started traning her for shows but had to reduce her numbers and flame was one of them
default_smile.png
Flames father was a champion in something lol ?? And flames sister was as we'll, they are stunning, umm I'm still waiting for her papers, I don't know what else to tell u..... I live near Whittlesea 3757 she has got a paddock friend he has just turned one ( he's testicals still haven't dropped so he is still waiting to be gelded) but flame won't have a bar of him, she bosses him around kicks him bites him & charges at him so he goes away
default_sad.png
he's sooo cuddly he's like a puppy dog
default_smile.png
we have 3 paddocks one where our house is a middle one and a back one, we have them in the middle one at the moment, it has heaps of pine trees and gum trees so there's not much grass in there hope that helps sorry if I missed anything

Thats ok you are doing the right thing getting a Vet out. With her previous owner it may have been a one in all in when it came to feed time so she had to fight for her share. That maybe what she is thinking now. My mare that I brought a few years back was massive and I thought she was pregnant for sure . Not the Case.. She was very overweight cause she came from a place with hardly any feed and when I brought her home she ballooned up looking like she was pregnant.

If it was me id be mixing up your daily routine with her. She maybe expecting to be fed when you go out to see her of a morning and night.And when no feed she becomes grumpy.

This forum is filled with knowledge, think I would of gone insane without it. If you need someone to talk to please private message me and I can give you my mobile number, im only too happy to help if I can .

Im no expert but from looking at the Photos id say she has a massive grass belly. regardless getting the vet out is the best thing to do. You sound like you really do care for these two ponies and im sure all will work out fine
default_thumbup.gif

P.S if she does happen to be in foal please bring this thread over to the marestare page . The Aunties on there are heaven sent !!!!!

Thanks Reo, I'm still not sure if she in foal or not we have to wait till Friday, another loooong week
default_sad.png

I'm actually starting to think that it maybe just a grass belly ?? I've been looking at everyone else's post on here and I think she's way to big for how far i think she is? (5/6months) I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Here are pics from today (just side belly shots)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And one of her pretty little face
default_smile.png

image.jpg

She is rather Cute
default_thumbup.gif

How has she been, is she still grumpy? Hows she been towards your other little one ?Only 2 more sleeps till the Vet eases your mind
default_yes.gif

Hopefully your vet will be able to give you an answer then you will know how to progress. But you really need to separate your two I'm afraid. If she is only 2 years old she is really too young to be got in foal and your boy could well be fertile regardless of whether he is 'developed' or not. If she IS in foal then she could really cause him some damage by attacking him when she doesn't want his 'attention' even if he's just trying to be friendly. Could you put them in the paddocks next to each other so they can still see each other but there is no danger of pregnancy or of someone getting hurt?

Looking forward to hearing what your vet has to say.

Good morning all, she is aggressive towards him she's for ever kicking him
default_sad.png

He walks right around her to get past her now, I will go out and seperate them when I put my babies down for a nap.

I took some pics of her having a nap before I'm not sure if they'll mean anything to any one

But it's worth ago!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes you definitely need to separate them ASAP. She will really hurt him if she gets the chance. Hopefully one of the administrators can help you move this thread over to the Marestare page if she does happen to be pregnant.

Ok I have separated them now astro my little man seems a bit stressed out but I think he'll get over it soon enough, they can still talk to each other through the fence
default_smile.png

I received the wee foal urine test yay
default_smile.png
now I am currently trying to to keep a sanitary pad on her vulva.... I'm not have much luck
default_sad.png
she swinging her tail and rubbing her but on the fence till it falls off, HELP any other suggestions? I cannot connect a container to her rug because I only have a winter one and it's to warm today for that (I don't think it would fit her atm anyway lol) I'm willing to try just about anything
default_smile.png
the vet might be coming tomorrow instead if Friday too
default_smile.png

If you have some sraw available, then put a bed down in her stall and when you bring her in for the night, shake the straw up around her - most horses will pee when you do this and you can catch a small amount in a clean container. Incidently have you got the WeeFoal 120 - this is the more acurate of the two. But I expect your vet may be able to give you an answer - good luck!!

Back