Fish Oil capsules?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdtexas

Reaction score
Beautician told me about her experience with her doctor advising her the best way to help with dry skin was to work from the inside out; he told her to take fish oil capsules.

Anyone ever tried this and had good results? I've looked at some at the store and some say "odorless" on them; I would certainly not want to smell fishy!!! Yuck!!

I think it depends on WHY your skin is dry.

I take fish oil for it's other benefits (none of which I can recall right now, thanks to a hard day and a massive dose of turkey... mm, trytophan...), but my hands and skin still end up dry alot because of all the water it's exposed to. Showering, baby baths, rinsing dishes, putting away wet dishes... etc etc etc

Fish oil doesn't seem to have done a lick of good for me. I don't smell fishy- but the pills sure do. Enough that it can attract the cats & dogs, but not enough that they care to try one. I popped one and put it on a doggie bone, and the dog really wasn't sure at all that she wanted to eat THAT...

I don't smell fishy- but the pills sure do.
My husband was taking fish oil capsules as just for some omega 3...and boy did his breath stink...yuck. He stopped taking it and is now taking Flax seed oil capsules for omega 3. I have heard those are good for skin/hair...not sure if they help dryness though.

Latest posts

Back