First outting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocklone Miniature Horses

past member -I gotta get a life...
Reaction score
Took my mare on her first outting with the cart. It was to a racecourse where school kids were coming for an educational day (showing them blacksmiths, track maintenance and two race horses)

At the end by the icecream was me and my gang! Brought two as petting and then this mare to a) see how she was in a new environment with the cart b) let the kids see minis can do more than be petted lol

Started off okay. I tacked her up and drove around. Kids were not near us yet so she saw them and was listening well and got a few photos. Got out to stand for a bit while the first group of kids went past and let her rest watch and she had no reaction to the tractor starting up beside us and the grass cutting machine doing its bits and bobs and the kids humming and ahhhing. As soon as they were done all the kids ran up to the fence we were behind and started shouting awwwww and she didn't like that at all and had a little Bronc! She wasn't kicking out just hopping so she didn't hurt her legs or anything and I got her calm very fast.

Immediately got back in the cart and walked her on and had another drive about which she was brilliant doing but it was getting busier and I wanted to end the day on a good note so the cart was retired! She didn't mind all the kids petting the other two so I let a few under strict instruction come closer and she didn't care at all just continued grazing and licking their hands lol

So fence climbers - something to work on!

Here's a couple photos of the day:

9A8DDBE2-EF2E-42E2-A5F0-B991A6322DF7_zpsqj2m7wz3.jpg

C30078AC-E2E5-4744-B596-762BA3F36653_zpsrhmmyobi.jpg

Her owner was there and talked to the kids about why it's important not to spook horses so hopefully they learned something! Lol

Latest posts

Back