First Bare colt--also could use some advice :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyNicole

Reaction score
Wanted to share pictures of the first colt by my stallion Bare. Also wanted to see what you thought about him conformation wise. Good and bad. I may be biased lol. Anyone who knows me knows Bare is my favorite horse and I would love to show some of his offspring. Would you keep this colt to show for a year or so? Would really love honest opinions on him. Thanks
default_smile.png

_horse4_2849.jpg

_horse1_2849.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not very good on the conformation thing, especially in pictures, I know what I like, but can't tell you why. Anyway, I think he's a very smart looking little fellow, the only thing I can see that jumps out at me, his necks seems a little thick.

Thank you! I am the same way really lol I am trying to look at my horses and see the faults though to match up the best mare for my stallions etc. I agree his neck is a little thick. I am hoping he is like his half brother and that changes as he is older. He is a month and a half now so we have time. Thanks again
default_smile.png
appreciate getting another prospective from someone who is not as biased as I am lol.

I think he is quite nice. He has a little bit of a straight face, but it's a very pretty straight face.

He's got nice long legs which is nice to see on foals! Keep him as a colt and see what he's like later on in life
default_smile.png

Hi Hayley, Yes he doesn't have too much of a dish but I've noticed that with a lot of Rowdy bred horses and his sire is by Redboy and he is the same way. The dam is a Nighthawk granddaughter (who is by Redboy too) so I think thats why he has the straight face. I have decided to keep him for a year to show but he does have a buyer when I'm done showing
default_smile.png
. Thanks for your post. Not sure why the pictures aren't working for you
default_sad.png
but try this link https://minihorsestreet.oursafeserver.com/mini-horses/2849/miniature-horses-for-sale-adonis-sc-24/

Latest posts

Back