Finally, Our Day in Court for MICHAEL

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty, you know, we will all be thinking and praying for your family. You just remember to be stong for Michael..and that means no outburst. I know how hard this is going to be on you. (((hugs))) my friend. You will win this battle, there is nothing as strong as a mothers love for her child. Corinne

Marty,

I am in tears for you - thinking of you having to relive that horrible day. It is going to be so difficult to face and see the person that took Michael from you.

You will be strong for Michael and you will say and do the right things because you know that justice must be served.

Hugs my friend, we will all be there for you and thinking and praying for you, your family and Michael's friends to get through this. Michael will be there, in spirit - guiding his Mom, his family and his friends.

Luv ya!

I can't imagine how difficult this is for all of you, but my prayers and thoughts are with you all, hoping for justice for Michael. Stay strong Marty, as impossibly hard as it may be...

My family has been in this situation when my nephew was murdered-BE STRONG!!!!!! Sending massive prayers for all of you, justice must prevail.

Marty,

i will be praying for you all to have justice for Michael.

We will have you all in our hearts and prayers.

Please keep us posted.

Marty,

You hang in there. Know that you have a whole WORLD of people here standing beside and with you in this. If you must, get up and walk out for a few minutes. I am sure his attorney is going to make it as difficult as possible, or try to shift blame or all the other tricks they use.... just keep your cool and keep in mind the end result!

All my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family my friend!!

nothing on this earth is more powerful than a mother's love. marty, i have watched numerous times as a grieving mother addresses a packed courtroom and i have seen a room full of people reduced to tears by it. i don't know where the strength comes from, it can only come from God and your love for michael but it WILL come and you WILL leave a lasting impression.
you will be in my thoughts and prayers and i will look forward to a post telling us that this piece of crap will rot in prison for however long the law allows.

i couldn't say it any better than this. {{hugs}} and prayers
default_pray.gif

we will be waiting to hear that justice was done - you WILL prevail!!!!

Marty, Jerry and Daniel you know I will be there in our hearts! Marty that eye contact is your weapon! Hard as it is , don't back down or let it get to you. Pretend you are staring at an ape in the zoo!

Not that it should be a staring contest or standoff...just walk softly and carry a big stick as they say girl.

Our family went through a court procedure due to outside abuse of a child by a non family member..took 2 yrs of agony and very very hard...the guy got a whole 11,1/2 months! But because we wanted to jump off the stand and choke the guy to death and our insides wee shaking inside..well I just turned it into resolve to see to it he didn't win!

Sorry I related that here..I never talk about it..and this is your private agony but thought if you knew someone else really did know how it felt it might help.

All I can say is find a place behind him to look at instead of right at him also..and like I said don't give him anything..this is for Michael and Michael will be there with you keeping you strong..

My heart is with you,

Maxine

God, and Michael, will be there for you, Marty. You WILL get through this and you WILL be strong for Michael. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Jerry and Daniel. <<<<HUGS>>>>

Marty, I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. I know you will work hard at keeping your composure as best as possible, so that nothing can mess this up. I believe in Karma and that monster will get his just dues.

Huge hugs,

Robin

Marty....there is nothing that you and Dan can do that will prepare you for "that moment" when you must make your statement in front of the court and the lost soul who killed your beloved Michael.

Despite what you've done to "prepare" or all the helpful suggestions you've been given by all your friends here...you WILL be overwhelmed with emotion when that time comes. BUT.....If you just take a deep breath, and remember that Michael will be right there with you...giving you the strength to say what you must...I know that you will say it with conviction & a passion only a Mother can. You and Dan will have all of us there with you in spirit & in prayers Hon!
default_wub.png
Just remember that...and you will do fine.
default_yes.gif

You are FINALLY going to have your day Marty. I know you can do it. I will pray for you, Jerry, Daniel and Michael on this day and I hope that justice will be served and you can begin to heal. Deep breathing does help and pray for strength. Best of luck and know that my heart is with you and your entire family during this critical time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty,

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hard as it will be I know that you will Keep your composure, not for you but for Justice for Michael. Stay Strong!!!!

Once he is locked away, hopefully for good, then you can let him have it and hold nothing back!!!

Hugs,

Marty, lawyers have three basic defenses that they PRACTICE with their client before trail.

1.) Get the other side to lose their cool & with it their creditabilty with the jury.

2.) Get the other side to look stupid by questioning/twisting their facts, again for the jury's sake!

3.) Get the other side into sisuation, by the yes, no, use of questions, where you are not able explain your answer. It is very frustrating for you. If put into that type sisuation; defenses can include: restating the question to take out the partial problem; asking the judge for a claify in the question, etc.

WHATEVER you do you must hold your cool; even as your temperature really heats up! The other side counts on it! Pause, take deep breaths, stare, whatever it takes to direct clear answers; the JURY DECIDES & must understand the facts as you preceive them. They can only decide with what they hear & with what they understand!

I know how extremely hard this is for you & your whole family. Michael depends on YOUR voice being heard & understood!!! This is Michael's day.

My God & Michael be with you....

Latest posts

Back