Finally, Our Day in Court for MICHAEL

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stay strong, as a previous poster said if you loose control, scum bag goes free.... if you keep your cool, scum bag goes DOWN! My thoughts and Prayers are with you!!!

Marty... know my heart will be with you. I wish you great strength. I have so much more I want to say to you... but I am sure you know me well enough to know what I want to say... and I know you well enough to not say it.

Marty,

You know that we are here for you. ((( ))) On that day in court, please allow yourself to feel the strength that you may need from not only Michael, but from all those here that love and care about you, Dan, your Hubby and family - the strength that we will collectively give you will be strong enough for you to get thru that day, and put that ANIMAL away for good, once & for all.

Much love & many hugs to you My Friend,

Stac

Marty,,,

You, Dan and Jerry are THE BEST. You are facing a true evil. You will overcome it, and you guys will be whole.

We all wish we could be with you. In our hearts we are and will be. I am sorry you have to go through this. Take care of yourselves.

I really pray that he gets whats coming to him. I am so sorry that things had to be like this for you and your family Marty. You will be in my thoughts and prayers
default_pray.gif

Marty,

I kept wondering when the day was finally coming.. Please know that you and your family have been and will be in my prayers.. Those two days will be hard ones for you, but remember, you only have to hold it together for those two days.. After that, then you can let that piece of scum of the earth know exactly how you feel.. You are a very, very strong woman, mother and wife!! I know you have it in you to be able to hold it together to do what needs done. You can do this and all of us are here for you..
default_wub.png
I'll have my candle lit for you.. God, please give Marty and her family the strength and power to do this
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Dear Marty,

You are a strong woman and you are a mother denied her God-given right to watch her child reach his potential. That man is a murderer and he deserves no mercy. My prayers are with you and your family.
default_wub.png

Stay strong Marty.

I love you Marty. Be strong. Let Michael speak through you. I hope you feel my presence by your side as I will be there praying for you and your family all day and all night until this all is through.
default_pray.gif

{{Hugs}} to you and your family Marty. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and hope for the very best possible outcome in this so that you may have at least a bit of closure and the satisfaction of knowing he will not be free to do this again. Ever.

Jan

IT IS SAD TO THINK THAT OUR LAWS TEND TO PROTECT CRIMINALS INSTEAD OF THE VICTIMS AND IT HAS TAKEN SO LONG TO GET TO THIS POINT FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TO GET ANY KIND OF JUSTICE FOR YOUR SON. IT WILL NEVER END FOR YOU...LOSING YOUR SON...BUT STICKING THAT S.O.B. BEHIND BARS WILL GIVE YOU SOME SATISFACTION AND HE HAS TO ANSWER TO A HIGHER POWER THEN MANS LAWS.

Marty, you know how Arnie & I feel. Remember what we talked about. Keep your composure. We will all be there in spirit to support you. Will be talking woth you again before the trial.
default_wub.png

Glad to hear youll finaly get your day in court! you will be suprised how small they look in person in court. also know that what you say in court does have an affect on the guilty [ even tho they rarly show it in court.] when they have time to think it soaks in . it also has a lasting effect on jurys, they tend to rember the victom impact statements long after the trial details have fadded away. and this is your only opertunity to show your son as a person so take some time to point out his Tabby, his family, his friends, and if posible bring a lifesize pic of him for all to see. some courts wont allow it but those that do it makes a differance. good luck , I wish I could stand there with you as no one should have to stand there alone. You know we are all there in spirit with you. DR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty,

Every one of us here on the forum will be standing there with you in spirit when you have to face the monster that so terribly destroyed Michael's life and your family's lives. We will all have our arms wrapped around you and Dan to help you remain strong. Lean on us, Marty! We will all be there for you, so please remember that if you should feel that you're losing control.

default_wub.png
{{{HUGS}}}
default_wub.png

nothing on this earth is more powerful than a mother's love. marty, i have watched numerous times as a grieving mother addresses a packed courtroom and i have seen a room full of people reduced to tears by it. i don't know where the strength comes from, it can only come from God and your love for michael but it WILL come and you WILL leave a lasting impression.

you will be in my thoughts and prayers and i will look forward to a post telling us that this piece of crap will rot in prison for however long the law allows.

I am praying that God will give all of ya'll strength and peace to endure.

It's almost over and you can finally rest. GOD BLESS YOU MARTY!!!!

You haven't heard much from me here as usual because we have been preparing

for Court for quite some time and the time has come. Yes we are a nervous mess.

It's been a long horrible ride as you can imagine awaiting our day in court for Michael.

Over a year and a half and several times it has been canceled. Finally, justice is just around

the corner. Our trial dates have been set for February 26, and 27. Once again Daniel and I

have both been warned we have to remain composed because if there are any outbursts or threatening

actions by us, this can mean a mistrial. They are actually counting on us to loose control.

I do not know how on earth we will be able to maintain composure

at all having to come face to face with Michael's killer for the very first time, but I

shudder at the thought when our eyes meet. A statement from me will be

heard as Michael's mother, as I will be his voice and

goes without saying that miserable animal will hear and feel my wrath as I will speak my mind.

I want that piece of garbage put away on every charge we have against him with NO chance of

parole and no plea bargins, nothing and I will ask and emplore the court and jury for this.

Both my stepsons now live in the county so we will be supported by them, their families, and

our relatives that will be here from Kentucky, as well as Michael's friends and members of his

graduating class and of course his beloved Tabitha and her family. We will all be wearing angel pins.

There will be security and very limited media allowed and kept to local.

Please keep us in your thoughts and always remember that Michael took a stand against

drugs and alcohol and just said "NO" and you can do it too.

Thank You for supporting us.

Much love from my family to you.
[SIZE=12pt]Marty,[/SIZE]

Tears are running down my face as I read your post. I know much of my you will go though in this horrible time. My Father was murdered when I was 11, gunned down in his own yard by his next door neighbor. We too went through delay after delay, until a year and a half later, we finally were allowed the opportunity to have our "day" (actually much longer) in court.

All I can tell you, my dear sweet Marty, is to hold strong through this time. Cling to your family, for they are all that will keep you sane. Try not to lose your temper, but do let your grief and loss show to those who will decide the fate of this animal. Having been through the loss of my Father, although the loss of one of my children is something I cannot even fathom, I hold you in my heart and my prayers are always with you....I love you Honey.

The man who murdered my Father was given life without the possibility of parole (in Texas). He was up for Parole within 10 years and we fought it for years after that....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Marty! I went to your website for Michael because I didn't know the story. I had tears in my eyes as I read about the funeral. I am sooo sorry this had to happen to your family. My husband's cousin lost his 12 year old daughter from some jerk driving recklessly in a van. It crossed the road, the other lane, and hit and killed her.

I have attended funerals for three children in my family. Our 12 year old cousin - hit and killed while walking down the pedestrian lane in the road (flash light in hand so she could be seen), a cousin's 19 year old son who, because he didn't want to miss curfew, got in a car with someone who had been drinking (they did about 55mph right into the hill - missed the curve and didn't slow down at all. Driver survived), and another cousin's daughter who died of SIDS at about 8 months of age. The funerals for children are far and away the hardest to attend. All of my grand parents and a couple other relatives are already gone, so funerals are 'old hat' for me, but it hurts everytime we have to attend one for a child. It's just not fair.

I've also worked for a lawyer, so I know how court cases go, and I know how they can drag on FOREVER before they actually 'go to court'. My family's thoughts and prayers are with you now and on the day you will be in front of the man who took away your baby. We send you strength and support as you face him. DO NOT LOSE YOUR COOL! You are correct, the defense will be waiting for outbursts so they can claim its too emotional and claim mis-trial. Stand Strong. We got your back!
default_smile.png

Marty,

For two or three weeks I've almost posted a question to you about when the trial was going to be. I know last August, you thought last of January or February. I have been just waiting to hear when for sure. This will surely be so hard for you, but it will finally put some closure on it. I know you have just been holding your breath waiting. My prayers are with you my friend. Just try to keep remembering you must hold your composure for Michael's own good. I don't know how, but you will find the strength!

Carolyn

Latest posts

Back