Final Meeting w/ Pulmonologist Prior To Surgery

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hang in there girl- you are doing good! Sending you the best wishes for tomorrow and your results. Think POSITIVE! Even if the news might have more, you WILL beat this and sounds like your medical staff is right on top of everything quickly!

Hugs to you and will look forward to your next post!

P.S. And I agree, we all know that horses are the BEST therapy for nerves or anything else that we may need to fix!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the way, stay strong and postive. You will come thru this!

Wow everything is going so fast. So glad, it is a miracle that the docs have worked so quickly to get these tests done. I will hope that this is all over and done real soon so that you can get back to normal. I will keep the prayers and candles lite for you my dear. God love you Jill.

default_wub.png
thankful everything is falling into place for you!

You are a very brave strong young lady! Your going to ace this!

Hugs

Bonnie

Today, I have a V/Q Nuclear Scan and another xray at the hospital, then a follow up meeting with the pulmonologist who did the bronchoscopy biopsy on Tuesday and who should have my PET/CT Fusion scan results by now. I hope that her opinion is the same as it was when I met with her last Friday. As the days have crept by and having to have these "scary" tests done in the meantime, my anxiety level has been creeping up and up and UP. I felt very reassured talking to her last Friday and hope I feel the same after seeing her again today.

Deep breathe from your belly and Xanac is our friend at times like this. Remember..positive energy!

Dang it Jill, you sure have been put through the wringer in record time but I am so glad to see everyone is so on top of this. That's such a good thing. Drink the heck out of some nice herbal tea and it will really help your nerves. I will be so happy when this crap is finally kicked to the curb. Stay strong. If anyone can pull this off its you. Give it He ll Jilly!

Good luck with your doctors appt today. I'm praying she has good news for you. I think waiting for all of the results is the hardest.....once you know what you're dealing with you can figure out a game plan. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Wishing the best for you, Jill. I very rarely come to the Back Porch, but did last night and saw your post. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. You have a very positive attitude and don't give in easily; I think that will stand you in good stead! Stay strong!
default_saludando.gif

Oh Jill my prayers are also with you {{{{{Lots of Hugs too}}}} Test can be so scary and you don't know what the heck is going on and they don't tell you anything. Like you say your anxiety level keeps going up and up. I know what you mean dealing with my husband lately, I've been doing so well on my diet but I swear I've eating 10 bags of Sugar Babies in the last few day's stressing over all this. Take care of yourself and keep us all posted. A whole bunch of love sent your way, TJ

This morning, I had this "V/Q Nuclear Scan" along with another xray. I got to breathe radioactive gas for 6 minutes, and then get a radioactive injection. With this, the prior xrays, CT scan and and special PET/CT Fusion scan the past week -- I do not think I will be able to sneak up on anyone after dark. I probably am going to be glowing :)

After the scans this morning, I went to see the Pulmonologist. She said the biopsy actually came back negative, but she knows it's cancer from how it looked. She just wasn't able to get enough of it (I was coughing apparently -- twilight sort of memories of it, because the nurses had spilled formaldehyde on the blanket!). But the CT / PET Fusion scan "lit up" there which indicates cancer. They had giving me an injection of some sort of radioactive glucose which will concentrate in cancer cells and then show up on the image. We expected it to show that but the PHEW is it showed it only there in my lung. If there's any other cancer anywhere else, it is way too small to be seen so this is really good. I already accepted this "lesion" is cancer and it is not that hard to fix and put behind me from what Dr. Foley (pulmonologist) has explained, but I had been getting worked up emotionally this week with all the addition "extravagant" testing worried we'd find it was all over my body.

I see the surgeon on Tuesday and will know more about when the surgery will happen, but Dr. Foley said she'd think it will happen within a week or two. She said she's even had patients go see this doctor and have surgery the next day. The surgeon may be able to tell me if he thinks he can do with cameras, or the more traditional way. W/ cameras and I'm in the hospital about 3 days, the regular way, about 5 days. Dr. Foley wasn't exactly sure on my "at home" recovery time or when I could drive as apparently I get to have some of the real good pain killers (ahhhh... the silver lining...).

Dr. Foley was surprised at how "chipper" I was when we talked after I remarked that she probably never saw such a smiling person with a cancer diagnosis. I told her I'd just gotten re-worked up scared it would be all over me and inoperable. I'm so happy she thinks this will be easy to fix. After I am "on my feet" from surgery, she will have me see an oncologist to be see if I need chemo or radiation. She didn't think I would, but obviously, we need to find out for sure and I want to be aggressive as we can be. She said "IF" I need it, it will be probably just 6wks of it and then I'd be done. Then like every 6mos or so I get a CT scan or xray (now I forget which she said). I shouldn't need another PET / CT Fusion scan unless something is detected with the xray or CT routine.

PHEW!!! By the time most people have a cough and go in, it has spread. The only only only reason I even got a chest xray was the needle in a haystack to rule out that I'd caught anything from those colts I got from another farm last fall who had Rhodo. Pneumonia and died despite aggressive treatment with our vets... How ironic that loosing them and going through what we do now to protect our foals actually probably saved my life since throwing this out at my endocrinologist is what got me referred to an infectious disease doctor who, thank God, ordered a chest xray. I've never been a smoker, had no coughing, no nothing to ever suspect I had a lung problem and my lung function tested at 65% -- which I also was never aware of (but maybe that explains the tiredness). Only a small amount of my lung is impacted by this, but it is blocking the airway to that lung. Maybe it coming out will improve it but "whatever". I'm just happy that this is continuing to look like a good outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill you have tought us a good lesson here. If you suspect something is wrong don't let a. nyone stop you from getting the right diagnosis. I had a gut feeling it was going to be as good as it could be for having C. You will be done this thing in no time and back to normal and breathing easy. I am so glad you have such GOOD doctors and they are taking care of you so well. You will be in my prayers and thoughts. Take your vitamins and keep your health up so you stay strong and heal quickly. God bless dear Jill.

good luck Jill.. Many prayers for you from us... Tests can be scarey... but you are very strong lady and you will pull through this all and be breathing better in no time.. we are all here for you...

Jill, we all know how anxious you have been. You are a strong person and took a rapid stance at finding out your problem. It sounds like you have a good team of doctors and outstanding hospitals in that area.

We are thinking about you daily and praying for your quick recovery.

((((((((Hugs))))))))

Thank you, ladies!

I've been having a very good day and not sweating this like I was now that I know the PET/CT Fusion scan results and some etc. I did briefly make the mistake of googling to see about the surgery, what to expect, recovery situation and can't say I liked the sounds of it but will do my best not to pursue that with "Dr. Google" any more and just take it up with the surgeon on Tuesday.

Oh my, I am just reading this, such an ordeal you are going thru.

Sending prayers and good wishes to you.

Thank you for sharing and you are teaching us valuable lessons in the positive handling of a serious health issue.

Back