filly died...feel like it's my fault...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is absolutly horrible
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
but please dont blame yourself. Things like this just happen.

I was the owner of the filly. I do not have time to post here a lot, but do lurk often. I know many of you personally. Please, this was just a freak accident involving a very young horse. She reared up and hit just the righ spot, at the base of her scull. I have heard of things like this happening. I was leading her to where I wanted to take some pictures. She was just acting like the high sprited baby she was. We have never had a fatal accident at our farm and use caution in everything we do. This was nobodys fault please do not feel bad Stephanie.

Trying to deal with the loss of one of my babies,

Marion at Underwoodfarms
I am very sorry Marion! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings - I know you must be feeling badly too. Things can happen so quickly we don't stand a chance of preventing them. It is indeed a tragedy!!!

It is nobody's fault, just a freak accident. It is terribly icy around Michigan these days, snows, warms up, rains, freezes. There is icy everywhere, it is unavoidable.

Marion I am so sorry for the loss of your filly. What a terrible thing to happen. I will be thinking of you and Mike.

Iam so sorry to hear about the filly, but PLEASE dont blame yourself, we all ask for photos and accidents do happen ...more times then many of us think. Corinne

:no: I am so sorry to all involved. What a tragic accident. Accidents have no fault.

Good thoughts your way.

This was such a terriable accident. Both Marion and Stephanie have my sympathy. Please don't beat yourselves up over this, it could have happened to any of us. Whether we have ice or not. Horses can be unpredictable and sometimes get full of themselves and do things we would have sworn a day earlier, 'that horse would NEVER do anything like that", and it usually happens just when you least expect it.

Thank You all for your sympathy. It is greatly apreciated by myself and Stephanie. I know we both feel like if things had only been different, if only??. This filly was a premie and I worked very hard to keep her in this world. Some things are just not ment to be no mater how much you wish it so. Rest in peace my love :no:

Marion at Underwood farms

I am so sorry for the loss of the little horse and for the broken hearts her death has caused. Accidents happen when we least expect them. This was certainly no one's fault.

I am so sorry....

I lost a full size filly years ago, she reared up in the barn and hit her head just right, she started with seizures, and although we tried to save her, she had hit just right and we could not bring her back.....

My sincere sympathies. :no:

I do want to thank everyone here, and Marion I still feel horrible but I thank you also. I have never had something tragic like this happen between me and the owner of a horse I was inquiring on...this is just so sad, Marion sent me the last photo taken of the filly before she passed away and she was just beautiful...full of winter woolies but oh she was so beautiful, and she had striped hooves and a gorgeous star, tiny nose...*sigh*...

I suppose I understand these things happen at the oddest of times, I apologize for it happening. Marion is a wonderful person, I personally met her at her ranch and was given the grand tour, I feel horrible that she lost such an adorable filly and now learning she was a premie and needed extra care and attention...well, she's galloping across white fluffy clouds now, watching over you Marion =)

I still feel horrible!

Marion, I am so sorry you lost your filly to this accident.

It happens. I know a friend that lost his colt in a vets office because he reared up and flipped over and hit its head on the cement. The vet was right there and could do nothing as it happened so fast and the colt died instantly.

Again I am so very sorry.

Joyce

I'm so sorry for all involved, such a horrible accident, no matter how safe we try to make the surroundings things just happen sometimes. Ice can be SO treacherous. Just last week I was putting one of my mares back out to pasture and she hit a small spot of ice on the concrete and went down taking me with her, thankfully we just ended up with a few bumps and bruises but it could have just as easily been a tragedy for us.

Hugs to both of you, it's no ones fault.

krisp

Oh, I'm SO sorry.
default_sad.png
This time of year, with snow and ice, it is just so treacherous.
default_sad.png
My condolences.

[SIZE=10pt]I feel so badly for you Stephanie.
default_sad.png
But Marion.....my dear, my heart aches for you. To lose one of your own beloved babies...especially a premie that you have nursed along & bonded with...in such a tragic way, has to be heartbreaking! :no:
[/SIZE]

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) to you both.

I'm so sorry to hear what happened. It isn't anyting you can prevent - we had a little colt who we had up at the house on cement and he reared and slipped and we thought he was dead - he survived but it could so easily have gone the other way and there were two of us there working with him. He was unconcsious at first then it seemed as though he was paralyzed - we raced to the vet's and he came around. Please don't blame yourself - it could have been grass, dirt, gravel whatever - in a safe stall and hit the wall the wrong way. If they hit on their pole there isn't anything we can do. I'm just so sorry to of your loss.

Oh, I'm so sorry! How awful. Even though it seems like it is your fault, just know that it isn't. There was nothing you could have done to stop it from hapening.
default_sad.png

I know how you feel though. When we were moving across country we had someone transport our horses for us. Well, while tha man was putting shavings in his trailer, so that it would be ready to pick up our horses, his wife's prize paint filly spooked at the shavings bag and ran into a fence and broke her neck and died. We felt so, so bad!

Again, I am so sorry this happened to you. Poor little thing :no:

Latest posts

Back