Fencing?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MerMaeve

Reaction score
What type of fencing do y'all find works best/do y'all use? We like the looks of the cattle panels but wondered if there is a more economical option.

I love my cattle panel fence. It does cost more up front but will save you in the long run. It holds up to butt scratching, doesn't sag or bend, is easy to put up or take down if needed and looks nice.
How high is your fencing? Doesn't it come in 4' and 5'?

I use regular horse tube panels. If I need to keep smaller animals in or out I attach the calf panels to the tube panels. My panels are 5' and my calf fence is 4'.

I use 4x4 posts with "no climb" fencing reinforced at the very top and bottom with board fencing (1x4's I think) and THEN hot tape at chest level "just because".

I love the cattle panels for the minis. The field fence or no climb fence will end up all stretched out with lovely "Butt bubbles" where they scratch their butts. The cattle panels will hold their shape perfectly! I use wood posts at each end of the cattle panel with T-posts in the middle.

Latest posts

Back