Felt Lexus' Foal Kicking Tonight!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Lex is at 221 days today and I finally felt some nice healthy kicks from the little one!!!! Now it feels so real (without an U/S a nice healthy kick is the next best thing
default_wink.png
). I just know Lex is gonna be a great mom
default_wub.png
This will be the first foal from both Lex and Royal. I can't wait
default_laugh.png

Well that's rather special isn't Matt?!!!
default_wub.png

I felt my friends foal kicking and I must admit I got a little teary eyed!

Wonderful times ahead Matt.

xox Leonie xox

Oh thats super exciting matt!!!

Can't wait to see the baby
default_wub.png

What an exciting moment for you! You must be thrilled.Congrats!

AWWWWW! Isn't that just the best feeling in the world?!?! I too, have felt my mare Sahara's foal kicking in this past few weeks...she is 216 days today! I used to stay in the stall and feel my big horse PJ's belly for 1/2 hour sometimes! She was very comfy with me and it was a wonderful thing!
default_488.gif

Hooray for you Matt!!

Can we see a photo of your gal? You're right, a healthy foal kick is by far more precious than an ultra sound!
default_wub.png

Congratulations!

Hi, Where is the best place to feel on the mare to hope to feel a kick? My mares will be coming up to around that same time frame - and we too have no ultrasound - so hoping they are in foal. They sure do look like it
default_smile.png
default_laugh.png

Hi, Where is the best place to feel on the mare to hope to feel a kick? My mares will be coming up to around that same time frame - and we too have no ultrasound - so hoping they are in foal. They sure do look like it
default_smile.png
default_laugh.png
Just in front of the udder is the best place, I think (less fat etc.). Hope you feel a kick too
default_smile.png

Hooray for you Matt!!
Can we see a photo of your gal? You're right, a healthy foal kick is by far more precious than an ultra sound!
default_wub.png

Congratulations!

Thanks! Not sure if you wanted to see a really recent pic or just a pic. This is just a pic of my girl Lex. She's around 4 or 5 mos. along in these. She's my princess and will always be with me
default_wub.png
(excuse the dirty tail and the long toes...she was trimmed right after this LOL)

DSCF0057-1.jpg

Dad's in the back

DSCF0049-1.jpg

DSCF0037-2.jpg

1 or 2 mos. along

DSCF0030.jpg

And the little daddy...ROYAL

(best shot I have of him...thanks Mona!)

royaltymain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
default_wub.png
She's sooo beautiful !! Is she developing a nice, round tummy on her by now? Royal is absolutely gorgeous --- especially his long necks AND dorsal stripe! Can't wait to see what the two produce. I'll stay tuned!
default_saludando.gif

default_wub.png
She's sooo beautiful !! Is she developing a nice, round tummy on her by now? Royal is absolutely gorgeous --- especially his long necks AND dorsal stripe! Can't wait to see what the two produce. I'll stay tuned!
default_saludando.gif

Awww. Thanks. Both her and Royal have gorgeous heads (small ears, slight dish, etc.) and nice conformation, so the foal should be a looker.

Yes, she's got a nice belly on her. An inexperienced eye may still see that she's just "plump". She's not huge yet by any means. When I have her blanket off and she's outside (when this hellish cold quits) I'll show you some updated pics of her.

Thanks about Royal. I admired him for a good year before I purchased him. I still can't believe he's mine
default_wub.png

Matt Big congrats, I am sure this foal will be absolutely beautiful, with parents like Lex and Royal
default_wub.png
and what a thrill to feel the first kick
default_smile.png

Yvonne

Matt, that first "good" kick, sure is something special isnt it?? Dad is beautiful, so is Mom..should produce a very nice looking foal for you. I have a silver buckskin.. named Royal as well. (Oak Parks S.S. Royal Destiny) Cant wait to see the baby.
default_wub.png

Corinne

Last edited by a moderator:
How exciting for you Matt, now as you said, it does feel real. We can see ours kicking now, but our first one is due in about 6 weeks and the second due in 9 weeks. Both are in foal to Royal's sire, Medalion. Hang on to Royal Matt, Medalion is on his way to the England.

Latest posts

Back