FBR Registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivytoro

Reaction score
Hi,

I just read about Falabella Blend Registration (FBR) and just wondered if anyone of you has ever done this and what are your experiences? Is it "worth" anything or just another fancy looking paper to add to the files of a horse?

I'm just curious as to your opinion.

Thanks

Julia

Hi Julia,

I sell all of my foals (for which it applies) with an application for FBR registration and my mares are registered or will be. The main reason for registering a Falabella blend with the registry is to keep a record of the unique Falabella history. It can add some value if the horse.

For the 100% Falabellas, they must have FMHA (Falabella Miniature Horse Association) or ACCF (Argentina Falabella registry) papers to prove they are pure Falabellas, and they will have a price to match, on average an additional $1,000 or more for what an American Miniature would be worth.

At this point for the blends, I do it more to increase awareness of the Falabella, and to record their ancestry. The Falabella is rare in the world, I find it is something unique to have my foals sold with Falabella Blend papers.

Technically (although some mini owners wouldn't agree) the Falabella is a seperate breed from the American Miniature horse, so having them recorded and pedigreed is just as important as with the American registrys. There is also increasing interest in the pure Falabellas and Falabella blend horses. I personally really like the cross, as it adds vigor and a general hardiness to the animal, not to mention the unique heritage.

I hope this helps to answer your question!

I also have Falabella blends, and I like to have the record of their ancestory. Generally my foals sell with a FBR application ( again, those who qualify), and it is up to the new owner to do that registration. I may just change that, and all of mine will be FBR also.

Some people like myself like to buy falabella and blends. So, when you have the paperwork, it stands out to me, and I am more likely to look at your horse. I have many blends in my herd.

I love the registry, and the people there. They are super helpful.

I hope this helps ya some.

Alicia

Thanks for your answers. That's very helpful and interesting.

Latest posts

Back