Favorite place you have taken your minis hiking? Pictures plse.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3234

Reaction score
We just went hiking with ours in Arizona desert at a National Park for two hours. Had a blast.

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

Sorry, started two and don't know how to delete extra copy

Ice caves. I forgot my camera though... but here is a picture of the caves on another hike with my dog.

DSCF1024.JPG

DSCF1031.JPG

I would like to walk with my mini, but he really walks faster than I do. Don't know how to slow him down.

Does anyone just go for walks? What are the reactions of people? I know I met people that could not believe horses came this small. I know this was my reaction the first time I ever saw a mini, never mind the reaction of my full size horse.

Out riding thru a neighborhood and came across a couple driving a cart. My horse at the time was pretty uptight about this object. THe couple were more amused with her reaction and allowed her to come up and sniff. You could just see the thinking process. Smells like a horse, kind of looks like a horse and then mini whinned. Whole another story. Don't think I convinced her it was a horse.
default_smile.png

too funny!!

and how true! When I first came to NC and we took our first trailer load of ponies to some open, local shows - we were ASKED TO LEAVE because we were SCARING ALL THE "TRUE" HORSES.

Those first years were very ruff with the ponies. I really hit a period where I HATED all Southerners and ESPECIALLY folks from here in NC. It's pretty amazing the turn around I've seen in just the last couple of years - 18 years later! I'd like to think some of my insistence on attending events with our small stock was a part of the turnaround.

What beautiful photos atotton! The dogs are posing like pros.

Are you able to enter the ice caves?
Thanks. Yes you actually can go in them. The cave isn't very deep, but about 50ft long. In the summer it is just a rock ledge with a trickle of water running down. They are on my grandfather's land.

They are extremely cool! What a special spot to have on family land - I know our grandkids would find them an amazing and magical adventure!

Hopefully, by now, you are looking at a bit of softening in your weather - Happy Spring to you!

I'm hoping for better weather. We just got a foot of snow yesterday and already had over 3ft! Spring weather can't come soon enough. lol

Latest posts

Back