Favorite Guilty Pleasures?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I thought it would be interesting to see how some of us endulge ourselves in our favorite guilt pleasures! Some of my favorite, lazy lazy pastimes are:

• Listening to books on tap while laying in bed or on the sofa
  • Taking an early afternoon nap
  • Watching a couple-few DVD movies in a row
  • Pouring a good adult beverage and lounging in a bubble bath
Today is such a dreary, wet day outside, I may be doing one of the above before too much longer!

How about you all?

I might think of more later, but right off.....

I've collected Archie comics DIGESTS for almost 15 years. If I get a new one (which is rare) it feels SO good to sit and read it! That is my pleasure! I'm 43 and I love those old friends, Archie, Betty, Jughead, Veronica, Dilton, etc.

Actually, that's all I can think of, other than loving on the horses.
default_smile.png

My biggest one is pretty easy. The Forum!!! :lol:

Then I also sneak in a container of honey roasted cashews every now and then, I can finish off the whole container in one sitting. Pretty bad!!

And every single day I go into town and get Jamba Juice. This is a smoothie place we have and I know they are spreading out so some of you might have one too. I get this every day and since i have started drinking them everyday my migraines have stopped entirely. I have suffered from migraines for as long as I can remember and now....nothing! My doctor tells me to keep drinking them so I asked if he could give me a perscription for them so my insurance would cover them! LOL

I never had time to have any guilty pleaseures when I was younger....too much to do and not enough time but since I have worn my body and joints living like that, any pleasure at this age, is not one that makes me feel gulity or at least I try not to feel guilty about it!
default_wink.png
: My pleasure does come with anything I can do with the horses, be it the sharing of the common interest of them with others or just in grooming thm all up to hae them look extra special!
default_wub.png
: Mary

I love to come home from work every once in a while and take a nap, and I am talking putting on the nigtgown and covering up with blankets nap
default_wink.png
:

I also like to lay around in my gown on a lazy day and watch the Lifetime movie channel with the dogs and a box of kleenex.

CHOCOLATE!

This time of year, PJ's, TV or a movie and a snack. Problem is these days I might as well just apply the snacks directly to my hips!

Summertime, a wee trip to the garden centers to look for plants and garden "stuff", or a koi or two for my fish pond!
default_yes.gif
:

:no: Bad timing Jill......................

I just tested positive for the first glucouse test. Now go back on Monday for the three hour test which I tested positive for the last time I was pregnant. So I don't see me passing it this time.

Normally, I would say I LOVE sweets! Cookies, ice cream, majorly craving Chocolate......Now I have to stay clear of as much as possible. So sad... got to get through the holidays and my b-day in January.

I think I will make a new list in June.....
default_smile.png
That gives me 4 months after the baby is born. I think I can get back to the goodies then.

Can't even drink the virgin pina coloda.....

Come on February

Pretty easy for me! Since I don't get time alone.... EVER! (3 y.o. son and I'm a stay at home mom!) My biggest guilty pleasures are:

• Spending time alone with my horses!
  • Getting to read a good book without interuptions!
  • Napping all by myself!
This is just a few..... The number 1 guilty pleasure for me though is the spending time alone with my horses!!!! :bgrin

This is fun!!!

But, man folks, I do not consider spending time with the horses a guilty pleasure. If so, lock me up! In my life, spending time with the horses is what it's all about pretty much
default_yes.gif
:

And, I just got up from a nap and still in my night gown. I know, I know... this is not a pleasant thought nor sight!

For those who consider the horse indulging guilty, I can say one of my favorite "oh sigh" feelings is how this time of year, it gets dark so early -- I love going out to hug and pet the horses in my PJ's. It makes me feel just so cozy and happy.

[SIZE=18pt] CHOCOLATE![/SIZE] Any way I can get it. This time of year I indulge and buy a box of Chocolate covered cherries from my friend in WV, they make and sell on-line the best CCCs I've ever had.

Being able to take a long hot UNINTERRUPTED shower.......No phone calls, no unannounced "guest" at the front-door, no child or husband barging into the bathroom!

MA

This is fun!!!

But, man folks, I do not consider spending time with the horses a guilty pleasure. If so, lock me up! In my life, spending time with the horses is what it's all about pretty much
default_yes.gif
:
I didn't mean that spending time with the horses is a "guilty pleasure" for me... I meant that spending time ALONE with the horses is a guilty pleasure since I don't get time alone ever because I always go to the barn with my son or someone else in tow. I just like being able to go down to the barn alone and spend time with the horses without having someone else in tow.... Just me and the horses. Hope I clarified that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh...Oh...Oh...MA....a loooonnngggg...hhooootttttt, UNINTERRUPTED shower, now that is one of my favorites. I get maybe one a year. There is nothing like breathing in that steam and turing your skin red and just letting the worries and junk melt off your body! Oh man! Thanks for the reminder. Maybe that is what I will ask for for Christmas this year.
default_yes.gif
:

I have to say reading historical novels about the pioneers and settlers are one of mine. Crossword puzzles, another....... And I don't know if this would be considered a guilty pleasure or not....every year at Christmas time I have this gawdy little string of light-up pointsettia flowers that "has" to go on the archway between our dining room and living room. Totally unlike me as I like to decorate with natural country or victorian type decorations...but it's been a tradition ever since we moved in here and well....I pull them out every year!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

:no: Bad timing Jill......................

I just tested positive for the first glucouse test. Now go back on Monday for the three hour test which I tested positive for the last time I was pregnant. So I don't see me passing it this time.

Normally, I would say I LOVE sweets! Cookies, ice cream, majorly craving Chocolate......Now I have to stay clear of as much as possible. So sad... got to get through the holidays and my b-day in January.

I think I will make a new list in June.....
default_smile.png
That gives me 4 months after the baby is born. I think I can get back to the goodies then.

Can't even drink the virgin pina coloda.....

Come on February

so sorry to hear that!
default_pray.gif
: prayers for you and baby!

Thank you for the prayers.
default_smile.png

Oh...Oh...Oh...MA....a loooonnngggg...hhooootttttt, UNINTERRUPTED shower, now that is one of my favorites. I get maybe one a year. There is nothing like breathing in that steam and turing your skin red and just letting the worries and junk melt off your body! Oh man! Thanks for the reminder. Maybe that is what I will ask for for Christmas this year.
default_yes.gif
:

:risa_suelos:
default_wub.png
: So glad someone else out there knows what I'm talking about!!!

Have to admit that another reason why I so enjoy a long hot shower is that's when I can pray and meditate!

Sounds silly, but I almost NEED that time! And (other than potty time) I just don't get it!

MA

Dark Chocolate!

An occasional, nice glass of wine (or several small tastes of different kinds!)

This time of year, an eggnog latte made with Costco eggnog.
default_smile.png

Ohhh...checkin' out guys (whoops did I say that?!?)!

I must have meant surfing the 'net.

Just cruising in my truck.

Liz M.

Another great topic Jill. Love soaking in a hot tub, with a book and a glass of cold wine or lying on the couch by a nice fire in my robe with a good book to read, glass of wine and chocolate :bgrin Don't get a lot of chances to do that but when I do boy do I enjoy it. :bgrin

Yvonne

Back