Fact or Fiction.......??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on the region you live in depends on what type of hay is available and hay quality is different. I have had very good quality grass hay but find all my horses do better on alfalfa. I have tried different grass hays available to me and find the horses start to lose their top lines and get bellys. It is harder to fit them out with this feed program. I try to feed the best quality I can get and cut out all the supplements that can unbalance the ration % plus cost more money.

I've had great luck feeding a alfafa/orchord grass mix hay along with Buckeye Gro N Win (show horses) and a product that is much like safechoice except higher in protein to everyone else who needs it. The hay is pretty evenly mixed as well
default_smile.png

Our hay is soft, but it does have an even amount of alfalfa in it which i still like. Everyone is healthy and plump right now, during show season when i really work and condition them it works out well.

Latest posts

Back