Extreme Versatility

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaddax3

Reaction score
While watching one of the versatility classes at AMHR Nationals, my son came up with an idea for a new class: Extreme Versatility.

Here are the three disciplines in Extreme Versatility ...

Roadster, Roadster-in-Hand and Jumper.

They're all speed- and action-based, and the Jumper portion, of course, would be timed.

I'm thinking of proposing it next year.

Well the Roadster In Hand needs to run the whole arena then! LOL!

Extreme Versatility to me means, in hand obstacle, driving obstacle, halter, driving, hunter/jumper, kind of a jack of all trades.

But hey - I like the concept!

That is why I love shows that offer an overall high point. At our pinto shows 9 classes count - 4 driving classes, halter, color, trail in hand (halter obstacle), hunter and jumper. That is what we aim for at every show, but of course, we don't always win it!! This way you don't need to add another long class.

Just wondering..................does anyone else think my family is insane?

I play along a LOT with their hair-brained ideas but I can see them somehow figuring out how to get the whole family showing horses in this EXTREME VERSATILITY class and killing me in the process. I can only do so much running and jumping.

If you didn't already know, Yaddax3 is my husband Bob and the son he mentioned is Sawyer.

Mary.. you know how much Raven and I love you guys but.. I gotta be honest here yes I have thought of the word insane at times when thinking of your family and Ummmm well hmmmm ok here goes it came WAY before this post of an extreme versatility class LOL

I really just love seeing how far you guys have come since that first year you were at Nationals you guys are pretty awesome and I wish we all lived closer

yes.gif
We had the pleasure to watch one of the youth jumper classes which I think your oldest son had a couple horses in and every jump you sons horse jumped Bob would "jump" right along with him from the middle of the arena. You folks have to be exhausted after Nationals. I also had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Mary, you strolled through our barn with your little one, I'm from the farm that had the lighted horses as part of our stall decorations. Rosemill is our farm name. You have a wonderful fun family!

Mary,

Your family makes me tired just watching you part time. How you can go home and do all the after show laundry and other clean up and head back into the totally busy routine of having school aged kids and youngsters at home without dieing I will never know.

I love the idea!

The handlers better be pretty fit though!

Andrea

...and how about halter-free obstacle?

I love the idea, even though it would provide numerous ways for me to show off my complete and utter dorkiness.

And while we've had our differences of opinion in the past, I always love following the adventures of the Sansavere family at Nationals. They exemplify the concept of "the horse for everyone."

IM not so sure insane is the right word. However, it appears there are many on this board as well........rest assured your family is not alone!
default_smile.png

Susanne- while not extreme in the wayof exciting to watch I love Hands free Obstacle it is one of my favorite classes to do with one of our little minis.

Amazes me how much he does for us - sidepass, bridge- walk and then trot and walk again- pivot all without a halter on.

Well those of you in Texas that would like to attend the Lone Star Pony Club's all performance show (October & November), they do have the hands free obstacle class and have for about three years now. Fun to watch and see how far one can get their Mini or Pony to go, plus that class is a jackpot class to boot!

Karen

Well Mary I have to admit you guys tire me out most days just being on the stand line!!!

BUT I am HOPING next year we can up the odds alittle and be in better shape. I enjoyed the hunter class and am going to give it a GO next year!!!

And Jessie will have Spooky driving and maybe with some coaching she can give Sam a run for a ribbon!!

Bob I think it is a GREAT idea. I don't have a roadster horse YET but we will see what we can do
default_smile.png

Don't know if "insane" is the right word but "over the top" comes to mind. And next year when Bob wants to get in the Golden Age group we're gonna up the age to 56. There's no way Bob "belongs" in a Golden Age group! Now that Extreme Class is more of his style.

Latest posts

Back