Exciting News For Me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minxiesmom

Reaction score
I just got some exciting news, finally posted to the Pinto record. My gelding, Janals Maximillion, is officially a Pinto Champion.

This achievement requires earning 150 points in competition in PtHA approved shows (excluding Open Competition Activities) provided that:

◦The points have been won under eight or more different judges

◦At least 65 of the points have been won in Halter classes or a combination of 55 Halter and 10 Color points under at least three different judges as a two-year-old or older

◦At least 65 of the points have been won in ROM approved performance classes or racing events

◦The performance record includes points from at least three performance or racing events, under at least three different judges, earned as a two-year-old or older

◦The Pinto has earned a minimum of one ROM certificate in performance or racing events,

◦If the Pinto is a horse it has earned at least 10 points in a second ROM event in either performance or racing

Max has actually achieved 6 ROMs in performance, plus ones in Halter and Color. This gets us a Certificate of Ability (4 ROMs in performance) and A Certificate of Achievement (6 ROMs in performance).

We have been showing Pinto for two years and have shown at 9 shows, just in Oregon. Didn't want to travel further, and really couldn't afford to either.

Max is from a small breeder in California, Janice Mosher, who doesn't have the big names in her herd that you hear all the time. She obviously just knows how to breed good horses. Max spent his three year old year with a trainer learning to drive, but after problems in the ring, got passed on and finally ended up with me. He was my first miniature horse and I didn't know how to drive.

The first winter I had him, I hauled to a trainer once per month for a lesson in her indoor arena. Other than that he didn't get driven in the bad weather. When spring came, I started driving him on my own, every opportunity I had. The first season was spent showing in local shows. We did ok at first, but as the summer went on we got better. We even tried an HDT (like a CDE). I laugh at that weekend as the weekend both Max and I got broke!

The second year I tried my hand at showing on a little higher level at the local Pinto shows. The mini people out here all go towards hi points, so we had to learn to show in halter, jumping and trail, besides showing in the driving classes. I only went to one out of town Pinto show about 200 miles away. I was very successful at this level, getting a couple of hi points at the shows, and ending up Reserve Hi Point Mini in the Pinto Club for the year.

This, our third year, has proven the best yet. Max has come into his own as a driving horse, developing beautiful collection. Most of the judges like him really well! He has proven to be an elegant hunter and when he is in a good mood, does trail very well. Halter was an area that I had my doubts with him, but he has proven himself big time, in the halter arena! The judges like him!

I have made many good friends in the last three years of showing. It is a good thing, because I go to these shows alone and it wouldn't be any fun without having your buddies around! I think I have proven that you don't have to have a big name trainer for your horse, in order to have fun and win! Before Max, I had been mostly away from horses for 25 years. Getting back into horses was the best thing I have ever done. It motivated me to lose 65 lbs and has changed my life forever. I will never be a breeder as that is not where my passion lies. I love to go into the ring and show!

I am giving Max one more year in the show ring. We will hopefully hit a couple of AMHA shows next year, including the Western Regionals in Reno, to see if we can compete at that level. After that he will become a CDE horse. My new boy, Scott Creek Unos Love Me True, aka "Elvis" is waiting in the wings to become my next champion! So you breeders, I am always looking for my next future champion. Find me a good one...but he must be pinto...and he must be a gelding!

Congrats! I loved showing at Pinto shows, but haven't in quite some time and now the 2 new horses I just bought are solids, so no Pinto shows...
default_rolleyes.gif

Will you be at the state fair? I'm going to try to get down there for some of the Pinto and/or Mini classes.

Congratulations!!! I will be looking for the photo in the Pinto Magazine. Our gelding is ONE point shy of his Championship and we just decided not to try for it tomorrow, so it will be awhile before we can make an announcement. And BIG congrats too on the Certificates of Ability and Achievement - those are also something to be VERY proud of. We are still waiting for our first Certificate of Achievement (it is earned just not received yet) and we have been showing minis at Pinto since 2004.

WOW! What an awesome accomplishment for your little horse and for YOU! I really admire your perseverance dedication.

So your Pinto shows out there have a variety of classes for miniatures? Or do you show against the 'biggies' too? I would like to show more PtHA in this area but there aren't many mini classes.

do you have any pictures???
default_biggrin.png

Charlotte

Congrats!!!!!!! I love showing at the pinto shows. They are so much fun! We always have a blast. I got an ROM in the mail yesterday which is really exciting as well. I love to get those cert.!!!!! They look super hung up on the wall.

Congratulations on your achievements. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to get to the level you have achieved to earn these awards. Max is a wonderful little horse and you have done well with him.

I recently had the privilege of showing Max in a natural trail course but it took a little work before hand to get him used to the irrigation ditch you had to walk through. I pulled Val(in my avatar) out of the pasture to go play at the trail show and even though he could care less about the water obstacles at shows, he had never walked in a creek. Diane and I met at the Expo where the creek runs behind it and Val walked into the water like he had done it all his life. Not Max, the water monsters were out to get him. Meanwhile Val is having a great time in the water and you can just see Max looking at him making sure the monsters didn't get him. Pretty soon Max was out in the water having a great time too. Really worked for him by show time.

Diane has done a good job of training Max for trail and when we did the bridge he was doing his job and had his head down looking at the bridge just like he was supposed to. Unfortunately the lead rope came unraveled just as we stepped onto the bridge and with his head down I spent the whole trip across the bridge trying to snag his halter before we got off it and he realized he was loose. No one was the wiser except I stopped to tie the lead rope back on. Max was a trooper that day.

Thanks for the compliments and the encouragement! Linda-I won't be going to state fair. I showed at three out of town shows and am tired of traveling for the year. Just going to finish up the year with the Central Point show in October. Of course, that means one more clip job! LOL!

Charlotte-We have all the classes that AMHA/AMHR have except Single Pleasure. We divide for height, A under 34, and B 34-38. The only time we have to show against the ponies or biggies is in Amatuer.

It was fun watching Kathi show my horse! He looked so little and pretty! I was the scribe for the judge so couldn't even tell them it was my horse till the day was over. He did very well on the natural trail course. He is still very moody in trail classes and either does well or gets mad and won't do anything. He is kind of a princess sometimes!!! Kathi-I did finally get him into the Gold Miner's Gulch, (which was a backhoe dug ditch about 2-1/2 ft deep&wide and 12ft long) but it took me 1/2 hour to do it. When he finally figured out it wouldn't kill him, it was no problem!

20090703-DSC_6105.jpg

Pinto-Jul-094593.jpg

20090701-DSC_3840.jpg

Congratulations Diane!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I can tell you that Diane is quite the competitor! She has just been growing by leaps and bounds the last couple of years and it's been a lot of fun showing with her. We have our "old ladies hat club" going at some of the shows. There's 3 of us older ladies that love our hats in the driving competitions and then there are the "young girls" that just smile at us!
default_smile.png
Diane has really made me up my game and start looking at ways to improve! It's going to be really fun in a couple of years when we both have our young up and coming show horses driving and competing against each other......watch out Diane and Elvis, Danny and I are gunning for you!
default_smile.png

Congratulations Diane! That is a HUGE accomplishment and I know exactly what you mean about doing it all yourself. I only wish my little guy had spots so I could get out there and start racking up the points!
default_laugh.png
I'm glad to hear you're finally going to do CDE; I was wondering if that was on your horizon after all I heard last year. Hopefully I'll see you there in 2011- I'm praying Kody is better by then and if he's not the yearling will be three and driving and participating in at least the unsanctioned events. I look forward to meeting you!

Leia

Oh Diane... I am so happy for you.. It takes countless hours of hard work to accomplish what you have. That is so exciting
default_smile.png
I too do all my own work. I wish though that my pony had spots.. Sadly he doesn't. I am on the lookout though...

Leia, I look forward to meeting you also. I am sure Kody will be back in the shafts by then! Does that new baby have spots? I don't recall seeing any. What up? I thought you wanted to come play with us at Pinto? I know where there are some nice ones with spots that are going to be cool driving horses!

I can't wait to see Sandy's (SEDAH) baby drive. He won the Pinto World as a halter horse. I think he could do it as a driving horse also!

Congratulations, Diane! I also wouldn't mind showing pinto sometime in the future. My baby Cas is such a prettily marked little fellow. When he is grown up and ready for an all-around career I may have to start him there.

Your photos are beautiful. What a wonderful pair you and Max make. :D

Diane (and anyone else who shows Pinto)- I am not going to try to guess how old you are, but Sedah did refer to you as "older ladies" so I am going to guess that if this doesn't apply to you now, it might in a few years. This is right off the Pinto website at www.pinto.org under Amateurs. I doubt that very many people are aware of it. I sent in my own application last year and was awarded one of the Certificates. People in my Club said they would have nominated me but they didn't know about it. Just another way that the Pinto Association rewards its members.

Amateur Master's Certificate

Amateur Master's Certificate is a way to recognize the PtHAAA members that are over the age of 55 years who are taking an active role in the association. Nominations for the Master's Certificate can be made by the nominee or by another member. Nominations will be due to the PtHA Headquarters by Oct. 1 of each year. The Amateur Board will choose a maximum of four nominations to be awarded the certificates. These certificates will be awarded at the spring amateur general membership meeting. Recipients will be notified by mail for the awards presented at PtHA Annual Convention. Certificates will be mailed to those recipients who will not be in attendance at PtHA Annual Convention.

Diane (and anyone else who shows Pinto)- I am not going to try to guess how old you are, but Sedah did refer to you as "older ladies" so I am going to guess that if this doesn't apply to you now, it might in a few years. This is right off the Pinto website at www.pinto.org under Amateurs. I doubt that very many people are aware of it. I sent in my own application last year and was awarded one of the Certificates. People in my Club said they would have nominated me but they didn't know about it. Just another way that the Pinto Association rewards its members.
Amateur Master's Certificate

Amateur Master's Certificate is a way to recognize the PtHAAA members that are over the age of 55 years who are taking an active role in the association. Nominations for the Master's Certificate can be made by the nominee or by another member. Nominations will be due to the PtHA Headquarters by Oct. 1 of each year. The Amateur Board will choose a maximum of four nominations to be awarded the certificates. These certificates will be awarded at the spring amateur general membership meeting. Recipients will be notified by mail for the awards presented at PtHA Annual Convention. Certificates will be mailed to those recipients who will not be in attendance at PtHA Annual Convention.
Mary- do you know if you have to compete in Amateur events to qualify?? That's one "hole" we have in the shows we go to...there aren't enough ammy classes that include minis to make it worth our while going in them! And then the ammy driving classes include pony's and big horses. So when we show it's mostly open classes.

Sandy-

I pointed out in my application that I was an Amateur but since our minis classes (at the time) were only Open Classes, that was where I competed. Now, I also have an Amateur Championship with my big horse (from 2003) and have been active in my local club, so I don't know how much that helped. I put all that in the application. But it wouldn't hurt to send in an application - and good luck to whoever does!!

I think it is great that Pinto recognizes and rewards those over age 55!

Targetsmom-Neither Sandy nor I are quite there (55) yet! But we are getting close (1-1/2 yr for me). Thanks for the info! It gives me a great idea. There is a gal in our club that busts her butt to put on our shows. If ever anyone deserves that award, she does!

Congrats on Princess and your Legion of Merit! Incredible! I strive for your greatness!!!!

Congratulations on your great news!

I think I like the one on your web site better too. I like the head shot, but it will not show up well in print I don't think. My second choice is the jumping one.

Good luck on your decision though, and again congrats.

Beth

Latest posts

Back